Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

This is still my favorite Winnie bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

What props will he pull out this year?
I hope it is a comically large hat.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So, Ohariu.

https://twitter.com/nzqanda/status/896478341078761474

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Uh, what?

Somebody has hosed up and I have no idea on which end.

EDIT: OH it's party vote going National. Huh. Still weird.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be taking away. Ohariu always party votes National.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What you're supposed to be taking away is that I posted the wrong tweet because I'm an idiot.

I saw this one earlier:

https://twitter.com/NZQandA/status/896477794355499008

then closed my Twitter app on my tablet, and then went back looking for it, and yeah.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/NZNationalParty/status/896509901475766272

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Mandatory country-wide curfew. Let's really lock up that youth vote.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Jesus loving Christ

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

24 loves

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Most parents of youth offenders known to pay fines

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Children? Outisde? At night???

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Some of the replies are pretty good
https://twitter.com/Election_Poetry/status/896521958065438720

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
It's totally unenforceable, lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Here's my pitch. We fix youth violence by sending convicted offenders to a camp where they're trained in how to be violent professionally.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Discipline is kind of the army's whole thing

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I mean, issuing fines to beggars works so why wouldn't it work for parents of night owl kids?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Part of me is like "haha awesome this is political suicide"

Another part of me is like "holy poo poo what if it isn't"

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Remember last year every time Trump opened his mouth everyone was like "haha awesome this is political suicide"

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Every time you start to feel any political optimism whatsoever, just remember we're in the timeline where Trump won

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Varkk posted:

Remember last year every time Trump opened his mouth everyone was like "haha awesome this is political suicide"
Yeah that's a lot of what's behind the second half of my post.

poo poo like this seems funny because it seems ridiculous, but we live in a ridiculous world now.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
"these people are loving crazy what if they're on the pulse?" is gonna be keeping me up at night at least until the election

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Yeah I know Jeremy Corbin nearly won a general election

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
You can never overestimate the political stupidity of the common man.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

There is so much in that image. Like is tagging considered to be a serious crime? Or is it common that young criminals wear Team Key hoodies? Are they still using Key in their branding?

So many questions.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That was basically me edging through the first two National terms and now I feel no joy whatsoever in this world because I've had my dick in my hand for nine years and still haven't cum.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I may have to vote National because I agree with their policy of putting National voters up against the wall.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This "tough on crime" poo poo was a big part of their 2008 campaign too. It worked then...

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I used to be against Team Key. Against the government we have so bravely aligned under Hon. Sir English.

I was 13 at the time. A child. How was I to know the realities of the world? Thankfully, I got caught outside at 9:30pm on a schoolnight.

It was stupid of me really. Why did I think I would be okay to see the latest b-movie cinema shlock and still be on my way home by 9? If anything. I guess it was hubris. Chris and Donald both got picked up by their mums after the film, but my mum works two jobs, so sometimes I miss her and she just leaves some cash on the kitchen bench for me to buy dinner. That night, I spent it on movie tickets, because it was cheap Tuesday and I got a discount with my student id.

Anyway, it's Tuesday again now, but it's still cold and snowing. It feels weird because back home it'd be warm enough to wear jeans, or maybe even shorts, but here I can feel the snow cut through to my bones. The morning run is usually alright, but today they made us cross the river, so my feet are frozen. It's a good feeling, it's numb but at the same time it keeps me sharp, for lessons.

They tell me about the boat people. In Australia, they arrive by the thousands. Dressed in unbranded clothing, armed to the teeth. They threaten everything Australia holds dear, is what they tell us. Some of them are even gay. There are no homos here at Waiuru, although sometimes we play the hole boy at camp. It's not gay, it's just part of orientation when you arrive at the cabins.

They tell me that the boat people are on their way here too. "Most of them," they say "just buy a house for two to three [million] in Epsom, install their parents or kids, and move back to their country of origin". I imagine them, partners, sons, daughters, all of them skilled and ready to take our jobs. Those fuckers. Cmdr Winnie said on the training video that they'd buy out our suburbs one by one. We'd never get a Gold Card, he said, because of the Immigrants.

But that's not going to happen. Today, I stand ready to face them. The boat people. The foreign hordes. The Maori invaded and ate the Moriori, did you know that? They weren't even here first. I'm ready to stop them taking our prosperity. I ask them again how many points they got on the survey. They lie, but I lie too. It's a beautiful dance, but I know it better, because my family was raised right, and my family made sure I went to the right dance schools in Remuera.

Brain In A Jar fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 13, 2017

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

WarpedNaba posted:

You can never overestimate the political stupidity of the common man.

"Yeah I mean I like Labour but I think they might be going too far left"

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

bike tory posted:

This "tough on crime" poo poo was a big part of their 2008 campaign too. It worked then...

They were so tough that they introduced a watery law to drive the synthetic cannabis market underground and, well now a bunch of poor people are dead

Mission accomplished. Gif

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

This is good, more please

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It isn't. The people who disagree aren't voting.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

The really stupid thing about these youth boot camps is that usually when someone in Act or NZFirst suggests them the army are the first to pop up and say hell loving no.
The army don't want to waste their time and other resources babysitting a bunch of badly behaved kids. The army is not for that.
Also far too often the kind of people who are attracted to run these programs are the kind who want power over kids who society does not care about.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The kind of people attracted to those programs fall into two categories:

1. Psychopaths who genuinely benefit from getting beaten with sticks until they improve and thus think the same approach works for everyone.

2. Boomers and middle aged people who think kids need tough treatment to toughen up and get some moxy despite never having undergone similar treatment nor being remotely capable of surviving it if they had to.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oi you need to take Barnaby back.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

gently caress off we're full. Send him to Manus Island or something.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Varkk posted:

gently caress off we're full. Send him to Manus Island or something.
hes definitely a manus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steeltoedsneakers
Jul 26, 2016

bike tory posted:

Might be pretty appealing to people who bought new houses in historically poorer areas.. lotta new homeowners who've been "pushed out" to places like Taita and Naenae down this way.

• Locked thread