Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Even the most inexperienced of people in my FC who want to get better at dps will visit the SSS dummy eventually. For most people though I suspect they don't really care and I can't say I blame them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
This moonfaire event is a little ridiculous, but at least it's easy. No idea why it has to be Level 30 though, could be levelled at 15 considering there not much to do or get.

I swam around a bunch of islands to find out the noted rich pervert is a voyeur and all I got was a skimpy bathing suit. :kiddo:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Krabboss posted:

I'm surprised that the level of play seems to take a nosedive at this point into an expansion.

It's not that surprising really. Savage is aimed at a tiny section of the player base and outside of it, the content is well and truly dried up at this point. No new content means people are either fully quitting or largely apathetic and just doing dungeons/trials/normal level raids because the box needs checking for the week.

Things will be better once 4.1 hits, but it's not going to be any better for a month or so yet.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rastan Beeza posted:

This moonfaire event is a little ridiculous, but at least it's easy. No idea why it has to be Level 30 though, could be levelled at 15 considering there not much to do or get.

I swam around a bunch of islands to find out the noted rich pervert is a voyeur and all I got was a skimpy bathing suit. :kiddo:

Its in a level 30 (ish) zone so thats probably why.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Rastan Beeza posted:

Did you also find the -hloe Sisters and friend along with these two who I feel have to be a reference to something? (Bayonetta maybe?)

Here's a better shot of the dame.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Avynte posted:

Thursday night I tried to get through the final trial and it took 7 groups to finally complete it. One of them didn't even have the dps to clear the add/meteor phase. It was an incredibly frustrating experience watching these people that knew the mechanics but physically couldn't perform them. Picking up the expansion a month late was terrible timing on my part.

Ugh, it took me two groups and six tries to get through the final SB trial between last night and this morning. Worst was when we wiped this morning and the SAM said (talking about me) that "I guess the RDM doesn't know how to verraise" when I had cast it multiple times and was in the middle of casting it on one of the healers when I died. rear end in a top hat.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

meiram posted:

Ugh, it took me two groups and six tries to get through the final SB trial between last night and this morning. Worst was when we wiped this morning and the SAM said (talking about me) that "I guess the RDM doesn't know how to verraise" when I had cast it multiple times and was in the middle of casting it on one of the healers when I died. rear end in a top hat.

Clearly your technique needs work :colbert:

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

UHD posted:

Clearly your technique needs work :colbert:

Clearly.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ok as I learned last night you cannot buy game time with a psn card adoy.

So I'm grabbing some time tonight is there anything I need to know that changed?

Also where is the goons gonna see if I can't sneak a char onto that server

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Excalibur for NA/most people

There's an EU goon server but I don't remember what it is. Diabolos?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

verbal enema posted:

Ok as I learned last night you cannot buy game time with a psn card adoy.

So I'm grabbing some time tonight is there anything I need to know that changed?

Also where is the goons gonna see if I can't sneak a char onto that server

Excalibur is where you wanna be and if you try at 4am you can get in.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Rascyc posted:

Even the most inexperienced of people in my FC who want to get better at dps will visit the SSS dummy eventually. For most people though I suspect they don't really care and I can't say I blame them.

They should let you set PF requirements that exclude people who have not completed SSS for the listed Duty.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Augus posted:

Excalibur is where you wanna be and if you try at 4am you can get in.

4am? No probs

Think all my current are on Marlboro

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

meiram posted:

I am of the firm opinion that the RDM casting Verraise is an immediate indictment of everyone else in the party. Some poor RDM actually lamented not being quick enough on it in an EXDR when the tank dropped from overpulling (which I dunno if it was on the tank or the healer). It's not your fault, mate, everyone else is bad.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

I am of the firm opinion that the RDM casting Verraise is an immediate indictment of everyone else in the party. Some poor RDM actually lamented not being quick enough on it in an EXDR when the tank dropped from overpulling (which I dunno if it was on the tank or the healer). It's not your fault, mate, everyone else is bad.

I mean, I was ok with my group last night, it seems like a tricky fight and since it's the newest we're not all overgeared. I just get annoyed when melee dps try to throw shade. I see it most from samurai, idk why.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
because they're bad, fam

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
While you were casting raise they were studying the salt

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

If it's not the tanks and healers fault (or if you don't want to say it's their fault) then clearly every other DPS is the problem instead of yourself. You're just fine.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

we lost. bad.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

If it's not the tanks and healers fault (or if you don't want to say it's their fault) then clearly every other DPS is the problem instead of yourself. You're just fine.

It's never the healer's fault, so try again, gamer.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

we lost. bad.

HEH, looks like you should have been damaging the ice, idiot.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

strong bird posted:

I always give the commendations to healers because I played rdm in ffxi, which was often treated as a healer half the time, so I know how terrible it is.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

strong bird posted:

Oh, it can be!

I've seen healers never DPS and completely shut down any time things get chaotic.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

SonicRulez posted:

I had to cast it double-digits amounts of times in a Trial Roulette Lakshmi Normal today because both healers had no idea what the Vril button was and died every time she did Divine Denial.

Both healers. Every time.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

strong bird posted:

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I had to cast it double-digits amounts of times in a Trial Roulette Lakshmi Normal today because both healers had no idea what the Vril button was and died every time she did Divine Denial.

Both healers. Every time.

Check and mate :smuggo:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

If you had killed the boss quicker then they wouldn't have even got to that mechanic.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Obviously you should've protected them with your own vril like in the cutscene.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Thinking about picking this up for a bit, and I had a couple of questions.

How is the demand for Healers/Tanks vs. DPS? If I level up a Tank class will it be tough to find a raid group for example? Is endgame progression entirely raiding? How long would it take to level up/gear up a job if I've already maxed one out?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Healing is probably the most in-demand job for premade groups, Tanking is the most in-demand job for random dungeons and anything you queue for. Endgame is basically finishing the story, raiding, and cosmetic stuff (either for your character or your apartment). Speed of leveling alt jobs depends on the role, tanks/healers are able to just queue for dungeons fast enough where you level quite quickly, DPS have to do a rather monotonous pseudo-dungeon (Palace of the Dead) to viably level quickly, but it's actually sorta fun the first time around. Also you get an exp bonus for all jobs lower level than your main job.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

porfiria posted:

How is the demand for Healers/Tanks vs. DPS?

For random dungeons, it's the heaviest it's been since before Stormblood.

quote:

If I level up a Tank class will it be tough to find a raid group for example?

Difficult at the moment because most endgame groups are already formed. Openings happen from time to time, and new groups form whenever, but the pickings will be thinner on the average. Really knowing your class and the encounter is more important than role.

quote:

Is endgame progression entirely raiding?

Depends on what the latest patch is. Right now, you can get all but the very best gear through daily dungeons and one raid boss kill a week. Crafting gives some nice gear as well. The very best gear requires the highest tier of raiding. As more patches are released, there tend to be more options for progression.

quote:

How long would it take to level up/gear up a job if I've already maxed one out?

Depends how much you play each day, what kind of access you have to crafting/crafters, and how much time it takes to find a raid group. 1-2 weeks of steady play and some luck (Lakshmi/Susano EX) would get you raid ready, then it'll slow down due to weekly loot lockouts.

Bear in mind that Savage (highest tier) raiding isn't everything. It's usually a few percentage points above the next equipment tier, eventually equalizing with other options (weapons that rely more on time & grinding than encounter difficulty, for example). Crafting/gathering can occupy a lot of time as well (especially if you get into housing & farming). Same with leveling alternate combat classes & roles. I've played the game steadily since ARR launch 4 years ago, and I've only a couple times felt compelled to raid Savage.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Just wrapped up SCH and MNK, getting both to level 70 today and doing their job quests. I rather enjoyed both, the SCH one was very goofy and I liked the return of hamon holyfist.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Tonberry bootcamp is great.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Kalenn Istarion posted:

If you are below 50% of median dps for your class for more than a week you get permanently unsubbed and your character deleted

There's something really wrong with this and I can't quite put my finger on it.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Chucat posted:

I think it's a pretty ok system because it ensures Kalenn will be banned soon enough.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Chucat posted:

I'm sure he'll figure it out in a month or so.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

IS THIS MOTHER FUCKER TRYING TO CALL ME OUT OR SOMETHING

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chucat posted:

The limit of the function is every player except one being deleted. Depending on the period of time in which the median is calculated, it can also be every player being deleted.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Elentor posted:

The limit of the function is every player except one being deleted. Depending on the period of time in which the median is calculated, it can also be every player being deleted.

It'll deffo improve dps queues.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
your position in the queue should be determined by how good your dps is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Krabboss posted:

your position in the queue should be determined by how good your dps is.

I should have instant queues then.