Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Still don't think City are as great as everyone has been saying in preseason. Lots of possession around in the final third with not much end product. Though, if Jesus and Aguero can find their shooting boots they'll be lethal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
too many silvas!!!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

*City absolutely destroy newly promoted team in their first PL home fixture, only having to defend like one dangerous situation the entire match and waltzing to victory*

"this team isn't that good guys"

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Well if it's possible to describe a game with 78% possession as scraping a 2-0 win, that was it.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Well if it's possible to describe a game with 78% possession as scraping a 2-0 win, that was it.
did you really think the result was ever in doubt? it was totally pedestrian

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Decent enough win, even if it took long enough. Can still see the same problems as last season reappearing though.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

straight up brolic posted:

*City absolutely destroy newly promoted team in their first PL home fixture, only having to defend like one dangerous situation the entire match and waltzing to victory*

"this team isn't that good guys"

Yeah okay if they do it against someone actually decent then fair enough but City should have won this game by a lot more after all the money they've spent. Maybe they're just getting into it. But I personally didn't think they showed themselves to be nailed on title favourites today.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

EvilHawk posted:

Yeah okay if they do it against someone actually decent then fair enough but City should have won this game by a lot more after all the money they've spent. Maybe they're just getting into it. But I personally didn't think they showed themselves to be nailed on title favourites today.

This but Chelsea but replace won this game by a lot more with just won

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

They'll be much better against teams that don't park 8 men in defense and refuse to play football at all. This match was a training exercise from the point the players walked on the pitch.

I don't think we learned anything from it except that there were fewer needlessly conceded 1 on 1s which were their undoing last season.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

They'll be much better against teams that don't park 8 men in defense and refuse to play football at all. This match was a training exercise from the point the players walked on the pitch.

I don't think we learned anything from it except that there were fewer needlessly conceded 1 on 1s which were their undoing last season.

Your first point kinda leads to the second though.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

did you really think the result was ever in doubt? it was totally pedestrian

Decades of experience, not least last season, has proven today's game to be exactly the sort of game for City to throw away points. I have seen plenty of pepball games with 70+ percent possession and no goals and a sudden counterattack causing embarrassment.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

Decades of experience, not least last season, has proven today's game to be exactly the sort of game for City to throw away points. I have seen plenty of pepball games with 70+ percent possession and no goals and a sudden counterattack causing embarrassment.

but enough about rodgers-era liverpool

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

4231 for Spurs today, excited to see Kyle Walker (peters) back out there. Waiting on Levy to announce Danny Rose-Peters.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
The Newcastle PA playing the Blitzkrieg Bop just before the players come out. Nice

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

The Newcastle PA playing the Blitzkrieg Bop just before the players come out. Nice

Bit insensitive to Spurs

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
just
don't
get
battered

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

kcer posted:

just
don't
get
battered

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Newcastle are actually looking pretty decent here

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

RIP dummetts hammys

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
Spurs away kit is loving sharp

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I don't understand why Newcastle fans are booing Sissoko when none of them liked him when he played for them.

and the club got a ton of money for him at that.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

MrBling posted:

I don't understand why Newcastle fans are booing Sissoko when none of them liked him when he played for them.

Gotta boo someone

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

MrBling posted:

Could be the Spurs fans tbh

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I had forgotten about Shelvey's existence

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

funkybottoms posted:

Spurs away kit is loving sharp

Yeah, one of those kits that looks better in action than in a promo shot.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

MrBling posted:

he talked a lot of poo poo while he was at the club about how all his mates play for big clubs and he wants to play for a big club and play in the CL

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Come on you new castles

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Alli's a proper soft shite

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Jonjo Shelvey: voice of reason

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Kyle Walker looks like he's lost weight.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

I was just about to ask if Kane had done anything so far then he scythes down someone and gets a yellow card

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
some good commentary, "That was Ciaran Clark's first career Cruyff turn. There may not be a second."

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

I was just about to ask if Kane had done anything so far then he scythes down someone and gets a yellow card

he's never scored a goal in August

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Well having to sub 2 defenders in the first half isn't ideal

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Steves Asleep posted:

Well having to sub 2 defenders in the first half isn't ideal

i don't Mbemba that working out too well for anyone

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

nice scissor tackle Kane you loving twat

also lol at the commentator saying Mbemba and Lascelles was the first choice CB pair last year

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Alli is looking dire today.

Also Spurs need better cover at LWB than Ben Davies. May as well spend some money if Rose isn't returning any time soon

brasstassels fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 13, 2017

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I can never tell the difference between "Boo" and "Shoot".

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
that half was a bit poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah that was not great.

• Locked thread