Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I think there's no way that 3/15 pans out, as the script was written and filmed as one big movie then chopped up after. Maybe they changed the numbers afterwards but I'm not holding my breath.

Also if we don't see Ray Wise again I'll be so upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Supercar Gautier posted:

At this point for me, getting Coop back isn't about returning to the nostalgic version of the character. The show has hammered home over and over again that there's no going back to the way anything used to be. I don't expect or even especially want Coop to instantly transform into the smoothly-confident special agent he once was, because that would be out of place in this story. For me, it's more just about wanting to see an unwell person start getting well.

This is how I feel, for the record. I'm assuming that when (if) we get Coop back, he'll still have his analytical mind and at the very least be able to provide information that will help towards the climax, but otherwise I think he'll be pretty broken. But he will be back, and as you say, be able to get well again.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
okay yeah thats perfect

why the gently caress didn't they use the old music

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Alan_Shore posted:

I think there's no way that 3/15 pans out, as the script was written and filmed as one big movie then chopped up after. Maybe they changed the numbers afterwards but I'm not holding my breath.

Also if we don't see Ray Wise again I'll be so upset

i think thats BS, no way this isn't episodic

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was written as one big script, but given Lynch knew it would be 18 episodes before filming began I think we can figure he had ideas set in stone for which "big" events would happen in which hour.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
it was written as a 400 page script for 9 episodes which then lynch kept adding on once he got the full 18 episodes.

someone explain this 3/15 theory, i must have missed it.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Aug 13, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The door/socket thing in the metal space box in ep 3 starts off with the number 3, and then changes to 15 (or maybe the other way around?). Seeing how we haven't had an explanation for those numbers, and Coop went into Dougie's body in ep 3, people are considering that maybe it means he will "return" in ep 15.

e: yeah it's the other way around. he is warned against leaving when it's a 15, but then later on it changes to 3 and he leaves

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we got a real slicy dicy sound effect that synced with the cute couple in the first ep getting sliced and diced

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

The door/socket thing in the metal space box in ep 3 starts off with the number 3, and then changes to 15 (or maybe the other way around?). Seeing how we haven't had an explanation for those numbers, and Coop went into Dougie's body in ep 3, people are considering that maybe it means he will "return" in ep 15.

e: yeah it's the other way around. he is warned against leaving when it's a 15, but then later on it changes to 3 and he leaves

Sounds likely, will be hilarious if the last 4 hours is full of heavy plot and pay offs.

Ties into what luigi mitchum said in 11 about killing dougie, "can't you wait 3 hours" which if you do some special math and ignore the rest of 11, would put it at 15...

I always thought that scene had to do with AC and DC and the 3 was the correct DC reality, what with the lodges being all about electric and that place, if it was the same white lodge as in 8, was all in AC while it was set to 15. i never clocked it could mean episode numbers, i watched the first bunch of parts back to back.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Aug 13, 2017

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

I always though that scene had to do with AC and DC and the 3 was the correct DC reality, what with the lodges being all about electric.

Your theory could be just as correct as any theory.

Something to note is that when the number above the "socket" is set to 15, it's not actually a normal "female" plug socket, to use rather vulgar terminology. In fact, prongs similar to what you insert into the outlet appear to be in its place, and I really don't think it's me seeing things. So what I'm basically trying to say is that "15" didn't just seem to be the "wrong outlet" or the "wrong number", but it also seems like it's a... Plug. Not an outlet.

15 panel (outtie):

3 panel (innie):

See what I mean? So it's no wonder the 15 panel was repelling him. It was like magnets - two S's repelling each other. That's the way I always saw it. Or who knows - obviously Cooper was not going to be able to travel to it when set to "15" at that time. And I want to note that TIME seems to actually be important in that place Cooper went in episode 3. Not only was time chopped up (at first) in a way much more jarring and VERY dissimilar way to The Red Room, but after The Blind Girl flips the switch (switches the electrical current in some way?) the "American Girl" we see played by Ronnette Pulaski's actress is actualy WEARING a watch that would seem to correspond to real-world time on the outside.

Anyway, that's all I got for now.

I know I tend to get mocked when posting screenshots and maybe everyone else noticed this one anyway, but again I don't think I'm seeing things.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

that looks like an outlet to me not a plug

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I rewatched the first Audrey scene yesterday and like it a lot more this time. This scene, like many others in episode 12, works better with you aren't expecting anything to happen, and just go with it, paying attention to the characters, the environment.

Also, I'm convinced that it is not reality she is in. There are a lot of details in that scene (and her scene in ep 13) that seem strange and make little sense if it everything is just what is seems:

- everything is strangely outdated: no cellphones, no screens, not a single piece of 21 century technology. Charlie is doing paperwork in a literal pile of papers, in 2017. He even uses a loving telephone book when calling Tina

- Audrey is stuck there. There was no reason she could not just go out and got to the roadhouse, grab a cab, call uber, anything. But she doesn't seems capable of leaving that room alone. And then Charlie accepts to go with her, but still she just can't leave

- Audrey doesn't knows where the Roadhouse is, which is really very strange

- no mention of her by any other characters, her father, her mother, no one. No one even thinks of calling her after what Richard does, not her family, not he police (maybe he inst her son, but probably he is)

There's definitely something going on wth her. I've read somewhere a theory that she is still in the coma, and it does makes more sense

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I know we can get a little nutty with the theories here, but on reddit I saw the most absolutely absurd theory I've seen thus far. They suggested that the entire series has been shown out of sequence, and we've actually already seen the climax and the rest will just be filler-like scenes. When asked what the climax we already saw was, they said "I don't know, maybe the experiment bursting out of the glass box?"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

yeah i can see how it might be a plug, maybe its the light reflection giving it depth.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Cromulent posted:

I know we can get a little nutty with the theories here, but on reddit I saw the most absolutely absurd theory I've seen thus far. They suggested that the entire series has been shown out of sequence, and we've actually already seen the climax and the rest will just be filler-like scenes. When asked what the climax we already saw was, they said "I don't know, maybe the experiment bursting out of the glass box?"

lol. reminds of the reddit mgsv theories and true detective season 1 "how big can you go!" and its always one poster trying up the other with some out there shenanigans with no support from the text.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Elias_Maluco posted:

There's definitely something going on wth her. I've read somewhere a theory that she is still in the coma, and it does makes more sense
I'm going to throw my own ridiculous theory out there, and guess that Audrey is stuck in a piece of wood. Perhaps one drawer down from Josie.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

A character's mental workings in an extreme state of mind being presented as a realistic, but in some way off, scenario is basically Lynch 101 at this point.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

kaworu posted:

Something to note is that when the number above the "socket" is set to 15, it's not actually a normal "female" plug socket, to use rather vulgar terminology.

Oh my loving God

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Cromulent posted:

I'm going to throw my own ridiculous theory out there, and guess that Audrey is stuck in a piece of wood. Perhaps one drawer down from Josie.

The only theory that makes sense is that Audrey is the fish in the perculator.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rappaport posted:

Oh my loving God

While I do agree that was silly this is a very funny username/post combo

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

If all this fourth wall breaking is true, then, potentially, brain tree didn't mean he'd wipe Cooper out of existence. What if he meant: "Bro, you're actually non existent"? Basically a heads up that it's just a show, Coop should maybe just relax.

kaworu posted:

Something to note is that when the number above the "socket" is set to 15, it's not actually a normal "female" plug socket

My dude, that's clearly the same prop under different lighting conditions with a different sign taped to it.

Also, all this speculation about episode 15 has convinced me that you've all read the spoilers for the next episode, and you're just trying to conceal that Cooper actually comes back in episode 14. :tinfoil:

It's got to happen at some point, damnit. :argh:

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
You guys do realize that connections such as receptacles and cords have what are called male and female ends, right? They are common and correct terms and not isome sort of SJW trigger.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Apple Craft posted:

You guys do realize that connections such as receptacles and cords have what are called male and female ends, right? They are common and correct terms and not isome sort of SJW trigger.

Listen pal, vulgar terminology such as the f-word is frowned upon in this thread, and you should refrain from using it under all circumstances.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Apple Craft posted:

please don't ascribe kaworu's mental problems to the rest of the posters in this thread.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Here's an invite link to the Twin Peaks discord if anyone wants to chat during the episode tonight: https://discord.gg/ZqFxrfG

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Audrey and Charlie are trapped in an episode of the Invitation to Love revival. The humming noise that Ben and Ashley Judd were looking for is the show playing on the TVs in the Great Northern, but like in another dimension and stuff.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

So that german episode leak was probably just a hoax, right?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

wa27 posted:

It seems legit. There were some screencaps of scenes that don't exist anywhere else.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

wa27 posted:

As far as I know, it was real, but no one recorded/uploaded it. I think the satellite company apologized that they did, in fact, air ep 14.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I’m laughing at the people who get upset over someone who prefers not to use sexual references when talking about sockets or whatever.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Eyud posted:

I’m laughing at the people who get upset over someone who prefers not to use sexual references when talking about sockets or whatever.

Keep your dicks male ends out of the sockets, kids, or you're gonna end up like Dougie.

And More fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 13, 2017

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Apple Craft posted:

This post is more of a self-own than I think you realize

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Eyud posted:

I don't think anyone is upset, just goofing on someone so sexually immature/stunted they find calling a female adapter/outlet "vulgar".

Like does he/she/they blush when asking where a public restroom is because private parts are involved?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

And More posted:

Keep your dicks male ends out of the sockets, kids, or you're gonna end up like Dougie.

Tempted to upload that pain olympics video of the guy wrapping his dick in tinfoil and putting it in an outlet to The Pirate Bay, under the name Twin-peaks-episode-14-x264-vbr.mp4.avi

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I don't think this thread can survive another 6 hours and 19 minutes. We're going to tear each other apart over plug terminology.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I don't really understand liveposting/livechatting while watching this show. I turn off every light, put on sound canceling headphones and my eyeballs become glued to my screen for the entire duration of each episode, I can't imagine looking away for even a brief second to make a chat or post and distract myself

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

pissdude posted:

I don't really understand liveposting/livechatting while watching this show. I turn off every light, put on sound canceling headphones and my eyeballs become glued to my screen for the entire duration of each episode, I can't imagine looking away for even a brief second to make a chat or post and distract myself

Same, although I did check the thread and post during James’s song because I was laughing so hard and I just had to see the reactions.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

pissdude posted:

I don't livepost, but if I don't catch the episode live I can almost tell how crazy it'll be based on how many unread posts there. I knew something crazy happened in episode 8 since there were hundreds of posts, and after something like episode 10 (a low key episode) there was only like 75.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I like to check the thread after an episode, and I was particularly looking forward to it after last one. Half the reason I laughed at the song as much as I did was picturing the reactions, and you can pinpoint the moment very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pissdude posted:

Doesn't take much effort and it's fun to corroborate on crazy/hype poo poo happening with other people, plus I have two monitors so I don't even have to look away from the show to do it. I've got infinite time to watch the show in the perfect Lynch atmosphere but only one chance to experience it live with the rest of the world.