Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

mrmcd posted:

I'm not sure saying "FYI we have nothing to do with literal nazis spray painting our logo on poo poo" counts as woke corporate posturing

Naw.

There's certain situations where things like this need to be said. I can recall in 2015 when Pence was governor of Indiana signing that one bill. People flipped out, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway put out a release to ensure that "everyone" was welcome to attend events at their venue.

To add? If a team wants to have an "LGBT pride night" or a "Christian Faith" night? Same came be said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

This is a pretty good take tbqh.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Itzena posted:

Someone probably should get in contact with whoever runs the twitter account for Dodge:

:/

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

oh my god

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

hell yea

https://twitter.com/senari/status/896490599033057282

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

has lena dunham's hypnotism of the media waned in power in recent months? she doesn't have a show anymore and she's been caught making poo poo up to make herself look better twice. are they starting to realize that she isn't representative of all millenials yet, or- even better- are they calling her out for being a lair and a powerfully stupid person?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

get that OUT of my face posted:

has lena dunham's hypnotism of the media waned in power in recent months? she doesn't have a show anymore and she's been caught making poo poo up to make herself look better twice. are they starting to realize that she isn't representative of all millenials yet, or- even better- are they calling her out for being a lair and a powerfully stupid person?

She's got connections and will literally never go away

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

This is what happens when you don't believe in the aristocracy and bourgeoisie class. loving rich assholes don't realize their fueling this fire.

go away lena.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

#Drewbert #Wokebert #corgi

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Being woke is the moment before putting on the glasses and realizing that Capitalism is the real monster.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

thank you drewbert

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

an actual dog posted:

thank you drewbert
drewbert is a good dog and i feel badly about posting him here. i don't feel that way about Woke Bayer though

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

shedding a tear for the brands whose reputations were dragged through the mud in charlottesville

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

shedding a tear for the brands whose reputations were dragged through the mud in charlottesville

https://twitter.com/lookner/status/896514080705363968

https://twitter.com/Dodge/status/896359221092114432

Today in badly timed social media.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i dont like the detroit red wings so im okay with literally nazis appropriating their logo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Got a new slogan idea

Dodge: trying to haha

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i dont like the detroit red wings so im okay with literally nazis appropriating their logo
they managed to be embarrassed more than the season that they played with amway as jersey sponsors

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

they managed to be embarrassed more than the season that they played with amway as jersey sponsors

i did not know this. laughing even harder. get hosed red wings.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
why do the nazis like the red wings?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dreddout posted:

why do the nazis like the red wings?
we don't know for sure, but here are a few theories. the writer thinks it's most likely from a group of michigan fascists called "The Detroit Right Wings"

bonus stupid woke bullshit from the article:

quote:

Many of them carried tiki torches, an item that was popularized in the 20th century as so many things are by white Americans: By misappropriating another culture’s iconography and artifacts in an unending Borg-like quest for assimilation, and then selling them at Party City.
there's no :ironicat: big enough when you're defending cultural segregation in an article talking about white supremacists

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I can't believe the Dodge thing is still up. Holy poo poo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I heard about porgs and now I want to die.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maqNbbAFvow

PEOPLE HAVE BEEN GUSHING ABOUT HOW CUTE THE PORGS ARE

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

they're part seal, part puppy, part bird, part guinea pig. they're scientifically designed by committee to be as cute as possible so more nerds will throw away their money on funcopops, and kids will demand happy meals with porg toys

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they're part seal, part puppy, part bird, part guinea pig. they're scientifically designed by committee to be as cute as possible so more nerds will throw away their money on funcopops, and kids will demand happy meals with porg toys

And everyone will ignore them and love some random robot

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Taintrunner posted:

they're pushing these things so hard, it's crazy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Inescapable Duck posted:

And everyone will ignore them and love some random robot

you cannot ignore the porg

every video you watch on youtube will be about the porgs

56 minute panel discussions speculating about porgs

porgs on the window of every McDonalds

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's absolutely insane. I have a hate-watch curiosity with star wars explained in how they have a patreon and youtube ad revenue to do what has been literally nothing but free advertising for disney, a billion dollar multi-national media empire

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Taintrunner posted:

it's absolutely insane. I have a hate-watch curiosity with star wars explained in how they have a patreon and youtube ad revenue to do what has been literally nothing but free advertising for disney, a billion dollar multi-national media empire

not gonna lie, i wish i was the dude who thought 'i can make money by just reading out two minutes of stuff from wookieepedia?'

i always thought something like that would be naked copyright infringement but hey

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Got a new slogan idea

Dodge: trying to haha

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

proud to have never heard of porgs

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they don't even look all that cute, those giant black eyes are kinda creepy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

proud to have never heard of porgs

they don't even look all that cute, those giant black eyes are kinda creepy

it's an ugly kind of cute, like a pug or a flatnosed cat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's an ugly kind of cute, like a pug or a flatnosed cat.

true, they are sorta cute though. i being the star wars whore that i am, will probaly buy one.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

these things look exactly like furbies lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
that's a Minion in a fursuit.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

true, they are sorta cute though. i being the star wars whore that i am, will probaly buy one.

:chloe:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

that's a Minion in a fursuit.

cant wait to hear it cutely say banana

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Yeah im a big fan of PORGS
Petty
Oriental
Resistance
GroupS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

early reports indicate that scientists at disney have successfully crossbred tribbles with ewoks and plan to unleash their creations on the public