Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

Not that he's not a baby, but that's one of those questions that probably gets real old answering every 30 seconds.

I bet he does get that question often. I guess he could post a screenshot in his twitch profile or a link in his chat and refer people to that. Unless he has discovered the perfect settings and doesn't want it getting out to the public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

jubjub64 posted:

I bet he does get that question often. I guess he could post a screenshot in his twitch profile or a link in his chat and refer people to that. Unless he has discovered the perfect settings and doesn't want it getting out to the public.

not that it matters anyway, because it'll be completely different with every mouse + dpi setting

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Helter Skelter posted:

Not that he's not a baby, but that's one of those questions that probably gets real old answering every 30 seconds.

Which is why most streamers have !settings

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

jubjub64 posted:

Someone just asked Grimmz for his ingame sensitivity settings, he said "Sorry, I don't give that out." Not sure why he wouldn't, seems like a baby thing to do.

grimmz is a loving baby

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

grimmz is a loving baby

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I got banned from his twitch chat because I went in and said that I was watching him because I heard he cried when he died

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also if he got tired of answering a question, the response would probably be more similar to 'i'm really tired of answering that question' and not 'sorry it's a secret'

Taffer posted:

not that it matters anyway, because it'll be completely different with every mouse + dpi setting

most cs streamers will also include a dpi in their settings for this exact reason

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I got banned from his twitch chat because I went in and said that I was watching him because I heard he cried when he died

So you got banned for being a dick, what's the issue here?

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Which is why most streamers have !settings

I might be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure that when you type !settings into the grimmz's stream chat you get a condescending bot response asking you to do your own research

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
If I could figure this out I would be murdering fools all the time in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rldIz_3QHFs

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Hamelekim posted:

Look at this stream watcher.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Three times today I got top 5 only to get ran over by some dude in a car. :smith:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Cardboard box and crayons mode!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Evilreaver posted:

how did you unlock google earth VR mode for pubg

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Bohemian Nights posted:

how did you unlock google earth VR mode for pubg

My FPP games are frequently plagued by such bugs, this was a new one (I get invisible building pretty often too)

opt
Oct 10, 2007

unaligned ant posted:

FPP allows for poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-VTxRAgukA

Which feels great, even if I'm so bad I can't pull it off.

thats me :(
scared the poo poo out of us

revolther
May 27, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

If you entered a Coldstone and told the staff that you came because they sing for tips, you aren't a dick, you are stating an objective truth.

Even if it's dick-ish.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Evilreaver posted:

I get the melty buildings every now and then at the start of the game before the textures pop in because my PC is mediocre, never seen it last until there's just 60 remaining though. Makes for an intense 30 seconds or so whilst I can't get inside buildings to get any loot. Landing on top of them will glitch it out a bit and potentially crash your game. GOTY and all that.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RoX2KOuYJU

moocow was oddly prescient the other night.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the "fix" for playdoh mode is to open up your inventory while still in the air which forces the textures to load by the time you land, but you freeze for 30+ seconds so you cant control your descent

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

superstepa posted:

I might be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure that when you type !settings into the grimmz's stream chat you get a condescending bot response asking you to do your own research

haha probably. What a stupid thing to keep hidden

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Evilreaver posted:

This is why you don't autogenerate your LODs kids.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Evilreaver posted:

Fine examples of Post Impressionism painting.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

aniviron posted:

This is why you don't autogenerate your LODs kids.

Seriously. This could look 10x better AND be more performant if they had actual artists put a few minutes of work in.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
same dude

that last one is my favorite. the melty post makes me think of silent hill. also I think that truck on the right literally has ~16 polygons

bonus

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Unfunny Poster posted:

Three times today I got top 5 only to get ran over by some dude in a car. :smith:

bush patrooooooool we are all taco's children now

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Couple dumb questions, i bought this game a little over a week ago. Obviously i started out bad, but i've been regularly getting 1-4 kills a game like 7 games in a row. However, my K/D ratio (which was .7) hasn't gone up in my statistics. Is it because i've been playing first person perspective and it doesn't count it or something?

Also, can you get really valuable clothes/apparel from regular loot boxes or do you have to buy those more expensive loot boxes with keys to get that?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah the first person modes don't track stats.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah the first person modes don't track stats.

awww nuts

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
It's coming along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkde_c0RRl0

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Turns out sheer panic is a REALLY GOOD MOTIVATOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pM2Z_2vhtE

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

lol I wanted him to grind on that fence like this was tony hawk and then roll over the hood of the buggy but it's a good start!!!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyDrabBatMrDestructoid

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Jerkface posted:

The game has sold a bajillion copies and gatcha boxes are lovely systems that teach young people to gamble. They could easily just have released the outfits for $2.50 and made money all the same instead of implementing a youth poisoning system favored by lovely mobile games that creates a disgusting after market for virtual doodads.

Definitely sour on the pay loot boxes for a game that costs money already so its not like a f2p argument exists. They picked the #1 scummy way to do it.

I know this is a page or two back, but I wanted to point out just how bad of a post this is. If loot boxes teach kids to gamble, I'd argue at $2.50 a pop that's a pretty cheap way to teach kids that gambling is a losing game.

Complaining about paying for something in a $30 early access game (that since day one has been more complete than 90% of early access games) that has zero impact on gameplay is unbearably whiny.

Truly, charging people to get stupid hats in a game that costs $30 in 2017 when complete single player games (with zero continuing costs -no multiplayer servers/community managers, so on) sold for $60-70 (since the 1980's) is a scummy practice. Woe is loving me, so unfair. :rolleyes:

E: grammar/word choice

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 14, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Yeah I pulled something like this off yesterday when I dropped on Stalber for the hell of it. I think they stealth buffed it or something because the distance I landed my shot at was absurd as well.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

tehinternet posted:

I know this is a page or two back, but I wanted to point out just how bad of a post this is. If loot boxes teach kids to gamble, I'd argue at $2.50 a pop that's a pretty cheap way to teach kids that gambling is a losing game.
a fantastic analysis of gambling and psychology. thank you for your post.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

tehinternet posted:

kids have no concept of money + gambling is addictive + kids have no impulse control

nah

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

it's like people have never heard of lotto tickets.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

underage at the vape shop posted:

kids have no concept of money + gambling is addictive + kids have no impulse control

nah

watching my friends nephew on the ipad is so sad. he sits there glued to it to get gems or whatever for 30 seconds at a time per ad on repeat for hours. Doesn't really play the games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just had a game where my teammate, with "two" alive, searched the play area for a minute before the play area collapsed again to zero and killed him. GOTY :mad:

• Locked thread