Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Why the gently caress would Liverpool not sell Coutinho for loving €120m, he's worth like a third of that. Serious posting, but Seri and Lemar would both be like €90m combined and Liverpool would end up with a better team and more money in the bank???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
scouse sentimentality

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hegay posted:

Why the gently caress would Liverpool not sell Coutinho for loving €120m, he's worth like a third of that. Serious posting, but Seri and Lemar would both be like €90m combined and Liverpool would end up with a better team and more money in the bank???

Will Monaco sell?

Liverpool has been offering to throw money around but no one seems to want to sell. Maybe that's a failure on Liverpool's recruitment setup but that's how it seems to be unfolding right now.

Also, Barca haven't broken anything close to the €100m barrier yet. They turned Coutinho's head and got him to put in the transfer request to make him available and drive the price down.

You could also ask why Dortmund haven't sold Dembele yet either, but the fees people keep mentioning haven't actually been formally offered yet.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Dortmund have said their price for Dembele is somewhere 120M and 150M (which as far as I can tell it's the same as saying your price is 120M period?)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Likely BS but Daily Express reporting that PSG have had an initial £173m offer for Mmbop accepted by Monaco

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hegay posted:

Remember when Liverpool paid a lot of money for Andy Carroll because Newcastle knew that they just got a big payday from the Torres deal and slapped a huge price tag on him? Similar deal to that basically.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

And no club is going to sell to Liverpool pre Coutinho move on the chance that they could fleece them for more money after the move goes through.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

straight up brolic posted:

Are these copy pastes or not?

They are really unfunny redcafe posts, even when taking from elsewhere piratebob is a retard.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

fat gay nonce posted:

They are really unfunny redcafe posts, even when taking from elsewhere piratebob is a retard.

Pretty sure they are his own posts from redcafe.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Mbappe not in the XI for Monaco

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

PSG gonna get shut down for financial fuckery.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

Mbappe not in the XI for Monaco

Didn't he get injured last week?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CyberPingu posted:

PSG gonna get shut down for financial fuckery.

They aren't going to get even a slap on the wrist because FIFA and UEFA are firmly in the same pocket that's financing their dodgy dealings.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure all of the sport's governing bodies are directly incentivized to not say or do anything about what clubs like PSG are doing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bewbies posted:

I'm pretty sure all of the sport's governing bodies are directly incentivized to not say or do anything about what clubs like PSG are doing.

I wonder why the brokers of Qatar's bribery and recipients of dodgy gas deals as a result would turn a blind eye to qatar fc's financial irregularities

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
they're going to get turned to glass by trump because he's a good president for football.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

NNick posted:

Didn't he get injured last week?

he did, and despite what the Express says other sources have been reporting that Vasilyev met with PSG specifically to tell them that Monaco wouldn't be transferring them any players for any price. So obviously a Mbappe to PSG could still happen but it's not automatically guaranteed

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/rich_allen85/status/896790640838680576

it seems to be happening

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
gently caress PSG and gently caress Qatar

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
This transfer window looks super elating for Man United so far :D

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it'll be real funny if he does a cruciate or something

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
gently caress PSG imo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Brony Car posted:

Will Monaco sell?

Liverpool has been offering to throw money around but no one seems to want to sell. Maybe that's a failure on Liverpool's recruitment setup but that's how it seems to be unfolding right now.

Also, Barca haven't broken anything close to the €100m barrier yet. They turned Coutinho's head and got him to put in the transfer request to make him available and drive the price down.

You could also ask why Dortmund haven't sold Dembele yet either, but the fees people keep mentioning haven't actually been formally offered yet.

Seri has a release clause of €40m according to Nice president

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Legit happy Mbappe is going to PSG instead of us paying loving €180m for a kid who played half a good season.

Rather let PSG develop him for like 2-3 years and see if he really does turn out to be world class.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hegay posted:

Legit happy Mbappe is going to PSG instead of us paying loving €180m for a kid who played half a good season.

Rather let PSG develop him for like 2-3 years and see if he really does turn out to be world class.

Yeah but how much are Real Madrid going to have to pay to get him off PSG if they want him later on?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hegay posted:

Seri has a release clause of €40m according to Nice president

Liverpool are probably too incompetent to know about Seri.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

pik_d posted:

Yeah but how much are Real Madrid going to have to pay to get him off PSG if they want him later on?

They're laundering money for the same people.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

mackintosh posted:

They're laundering money for the same people.

Mbopp to Real Madrid for €1 in 2 years, got it.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

pik_d posted:

Madrid haven't spent big on a player since Bale anyways so there much be plenty of cash in the coffers. We're totally debt free as well

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegay posted:

Madrid haven't spent big on a player since Bale anyways so there much be plenty of cash in the coffers. We're totally debt free as well

This. Perez has been unusually frugal, and has been quite responsible with Madrid's spending. Having a rock solid squad with almost all prospects coming into their own has probably helped this quite a bit.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Why does nobody want Mahrez? If Liverpool do end up selling Coutinho for 100 mil they could use a part of that to get him and still have enough left for Lemar or something.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Walh Hara posted:

Why does nobody want Mahrez? If Liverpool do end up selling Coutinho for 100 mil they could use a part of that to get him and still have enough left for Lemar or something.

Leicester wants £50m for Mahrez.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Walh Hara posted:

Assuming that he isn't just a one season wonder deep down, he was always in danger of being labeled as such if he didn't follow through after winning the league with Leicester with another great season. Last season, he was apparently pretty abject, so now most people probably believe he's shown his real level and is not a quality player worth spending money on.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Walh Hara posted:

Roma has been bidding on him all season

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'll reiterate that I feel like LFC should be looking hard in Portugal but instead we'll wind up spending 80m on danny drinkwater or something.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

bewbies posted:

I'll reiterate that I feel like LFC should be looking hard in Portugal but instead we'll wind up spending 80m on danny drinkwater or something.

I'm not sure Portugal has any good players.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Hegay posted:

He can join the list of players PSG has successfully developed, such as

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jason Sextro posted:

He can join the list of players PSG has successfully developed, such as

Zlatan Ibrahimovic went on to win 2 trophies with Manchester United after developing his game at PSG. Learn your history, son.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
does ronaldinho count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic went on to win 2 trophies with Manchester United after developing his game at PSG. Learn your history, son.
I think you'll find that the Community Shield is a trophy so Zlatan was a part of that magical Manchester United side that captured a historic treble last season.

• Locked thread