Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

ArfJason posted:

whoever did classic tails was great

Classic Sonic had the best voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Here's a great Sonic voice fact for your day: While Jaleel did the voices for all the hedgehogs (including Sonia) in Sonic Underground, he did not do the singing voices. That was Sam Vincent, the voice actor for Edd.

It's very obvious in this particular terrible song that Double D's the one belting it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRU3X0Tio14

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just played through sonic adventure all at once

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I just played through sonic adventure all at once

Powerful and too cool.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lately I dream of sonic.

I stir restlessly in my quarters tonight, my mind still wondering...flashes of the blue blur stretched out before me across endless sunny plains...

Still, I search for other dreamers, calling their names.

Do you see it too...?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Classical Sonic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

MikeJF posted:

Colours Eggman had the PA system, best integration of Eggman in the series.
Speaking of "chatter", this was easily the best implementation of it. Shame it was so quiet in-game.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Larryb posted:

Ironically, Griffith was probably at his best in Black Knight, which is also the last time he voiced the character (He wasn't bad in Unleashed either though), kind of like how Drummond was probably at his best in Sonic Heroes. Smith is pretty good overall but for some reason I have a real hard time believing him when he tries to get serious (I think it's something about the tone of voice he uses for Sonic, which isn't that far removed from his natural voice from what I've heard).

Agree'd on everything but this. Heroes had better lines overall, but it didn't have any serious lines which I felt Drummond did well on in Adventure 2. Adventure 2 is just weird to judge in general because of the general audio problems but I still feel most of the VA work was fine + cheesy.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

nerdbot posted:

Here's a great Sonic voice fact for your day: While Jaleel did the voices for all the hedgehogs (including Sonia) in Sonic Underground, he did not do the singing voices. That was Sam Vincent, the voice actor for Edd.

It's very obvious in this particular terrible song that Double D's the one belting it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRU3X0Tio14

I thought they were saying carpet dance until I finally looked at the title!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

2 days, Sonic enthusiasts

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Frankston posted:

2 days, Sonic enthusiasts

:(

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.
16 days!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PC players aren't Sonic enthusiasts

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

*Puts on Bane mask*

For you!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

Thinking about the number of Sonic games on PC versus the other platforms that Mania is being released for

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm sorry, but why is the PC getting a two week delay? Port blues?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think High-Powered Robo is my favorite song on the Mania ost so far (of what's revealed officially anyway).

Whats everyone's favorite mania song so far :v:?

Mirage Saloon and it's not even close

All the original zone tracks are really good

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Dabir posted:

You say that sure, but steam workshop suggests there's some pretty dedicated fans

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

Yeah, some last minute optimization issue or something.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, some last minute optimization issue or something.

Secretly working on an exclusive level editor just for Steam users and full Workshop integration.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Mirage Saloon and it's not even close

All the original zone tracks are really good

Of the revealed, the Act 2 Robotnik boss is good too.

Of the unrevealed, Metallic Madness act 2 and Lava Reef act 2 are sexy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

How do i make the mods... work. On Steam? Specifically the Sonic 1 Megamix that everyone talks about

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Macaluso posted:

How do i make the mods... work. On Steam? Specifically the Sonic 1 Megamix that everyone talks about

Sonic 1 Megamix in particular works on Sega CD so the genesis emulator thing on steam won't run it. Well maybe it will run much older versions before it moved off the genesis but the CD version is better. For other mods just subscribe to the mod on its workshop page.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674578957

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Aha, so here's the problem: there's just no option for mods if you use the simple launcher.

The problem with THIS is that the other launcher where you're in a simulated room, which does allow mods, doesn't allow me to have it my main monitor. It goes on to the wrong one for some reason. And I can't switch it. There's no option to put the whole thing in windowed mode to just move it over either. Can I just have a broken version of Mania on Steam instead please

edit: This is the mod everyone goes crazy over? Talk about low standards lmao

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 13, 2017

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
So, which character are you first gonna choose to play as in Mania? I'm debating to go as Sonic solo or the classic Sonic & Tails duo. Kinda hope cpu Tails can screw you over in the special stages for nostalgia's sake.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sonic alone.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'll be disappointed if the Tails AI isn't dumb as poo poo.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Aha, so here's the problem: there's just no option for mods if you use the simple launcher.

The problem with THIS is that the other luancher where you're in a simulated room, which does allow mods, doesn't allow me to have it my main monitor. It goes on to the wrong one for some reason. And I can't switch it. There's no option to put the whole thing in windowed mode to just move it over either. Can I just have a broken version of Mania on Steam instead please

Just grab the rom from the collection folder and stick it into Kega Fusion.

Also, Sonic 1 Megamix and Sonic Megamix are pretty much completely different games at this point. The CD version being very unfinished and in develoment hell due to insanely obvious reasons.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't know if I didn't catch him before, but issue #20 has the Princess Sally backup, which I think is the first Ken Penders story. It has his skunk man character.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

there were like, a few backups about her before, and he wrote a Sally-centric story in the first 48 page special too.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

drat, watch out for spoilers on YouTube guys. Just saw a suggested video where the thumbnail was showing the final boss and other spoilery poo poo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Evil Eagle posted:

Sonic alone.

Fuckin stoic.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

People: The Mario & Sonic games are bad and have no good qualities

Me:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Has anyone's special edition shipped from Best Buy?

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Oh, btw, the rewards for clearing Blue Spheres are SUBSTANTIAL and very cool.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Evil Eagle posted:

Sonic 1 Megamix in particular works on Sega CD so the genesis emulator thing on steam won't run it. Well maybe it will run much older versions before it moved off the genesis but the CD version is better. For other mods just subscribe to the mod on its workshop page.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674578957

I've never seen any remarks about this, so does the Sega CD version work on an actual Sega CD? Like could I burn a CD and play it on my console, since it was compiled for Sega CD?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have no clue, but you could give it a shot.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Megamix

At any rate the game is unfinished and will likely remain so indefinitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SONIC MANIA FINAL BOSS [60 FPS] videos showing up on my youtube front page. stay safe everyone, I managed to avoid looking at the thumbnail.