Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Can I get any Guild Invite.

IGN: SRSBusinessLady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

McFrugal posted:

She isn't eaten, just stored inside him or some magical nonsense. She comes out to help the brine king during the fight, after all. I suspect she's supposed to like, escape when you kill him but I sure didn't see it happen.

Yeah shes definitely dead, the player character just feels bad and tells everyone she swam away to live in the ocean and won't be coming back

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

actually Im guessing she'll be a town npc in Tsoatha if the game ends up going there

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

gonadic io posted:

I'm really getting my rear end kicked in early act 10. I've got maxed res, 2.6k life, 1.6k ES, and the highest DPS bow listed for 10 chaos or less on poe.trade.

My damage feels really low, and I get chunked for over 50% health by any mob hit. Is it my gem links, my gear? What am I doing wrong?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AlsoD/characters
Character is SAME_EHIT_DIFFERENT_DAY (I plan to use ele hit to curse after I get Mastermind of Discord).

Are you just using two siege ballistas with no multiproj as your clearing skill? I feel like that must take ages to clear packs. If that's not just your single target setup that I'm seeing, try slotting greater multiple projectiles in that green spot, and see how that feels.

Sole Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Just to double check before I vendor this, but between the colors and low DPS, this isn't worth anything right?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Correct

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I'm looking at 3-link brightbeaks on the trade thing, and I was wondering if low ilvl really mattered next to like the dps et al?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Unless you literally have no currency, 3L'ing something takes almost nothing. Hell, a level 3 Vorici can do it for 3J/3F. ilvl won't be a problem as Vorici can override that restriction plus that weapon is level 20 minimum, 3S requires an ilvl of...2.

If it's going to be your offhand stat stick, then DPS doesn't matter. Go for the highest resistances.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Right, I get that part--I'm just wanting to double check whether there's some factor I haven't encountered yet, like master enchants or some other mechanic, before I buy the low-ilvl one for 3 chaos instead of a higher ilvl one for 5.

I'd probably be less confused if I knew why some of the numbers in the item stats on poe.trade were green, but alas, I don't see an explanation of what that means readily handy.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Act nine and ten seem very rushed

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

McFrugal posted:

She isn't eaten, just stored inside him or some magical nonsense. She comes out to help the brine king during the fight, after all. I suspect she's supposed to like, escape when you kill him but I sure didn't see it happen.

I'm sorry to have to break this to you, McFrugal, but... she's not real.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Goons give me a more beginner friendly aura bot build

Rodent suggested this

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

Goons give me a more beginner friendly aura bot build

Rodent suggested this

I can vouch for this build. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/damfan/characters

You can go life based until you get a 6l shavs. I'm currently sitting at 4.4k es on my MF/group gear and 5.2k on my solo gear. As you can see most of my gear sucks.

I think the build is pretty flexible. You don't have as many auras as others but you will be running cull and MF when supporting which helps in its own way.

If you want a full support build check out https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840451 I'm not a fan of this one due to coruscating elixir.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

damnfan posted:

If you want a full support build check out https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840451 I'm not a fan of this one due to coruscating elixir.

Yeah, I don't like it either, much for the same reason as you. My suggestion came as an alternative to this.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

TheRat posted:

Yeah, I don't like it either, much for the same reason as you. My suggestion came as an alternative to this.

I agree the more I look at it, should have posted this one too

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Trebuchet King posted:

Right, I get that part--I'm just wanting to double check whether there's some factor I haven't encountered yet, like master enchants or some other mechanic, before I buy the low-ilvl one for 3 chaos instead of a higher ilvl one for 5.

I'd probably be less confused if I knew why some of the numbers in the item stats on poe.trade were green, but alas, I don't see an explanation of what that means readily handy.

Get the low level one

Green numbers are the stats if the item was at 20% quality

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

damnfan posted:

I can vouch for this build. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/damfan/characters

You can go life based until you get a 6l shavs. I'm currently sitting at 4.4k es on my MF/group gear and 5.2k on my solo gear. As you can see most of my gear sucks.

I think the build is pretty flexible. You don't have as many auras as others but you will be running cull and MF when supporting which helps in its own way.

I doubt we're getting a low level shavs any time soon

Any way to combine the two and use victarios over shave? Probably not since then your srs do nothing

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

Act nine and ten seem very rushed

Act nine just felt like going through half a dozen wide open maps hoping to hit a random quest object while pushing forward for ages with a lot of probably missing dialogue.

Act ten was just the middle part of act 5 and then a 2 map tunnel towards the final boss.

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

I doubt we're getting a low level shavs any time soon

Any way to combine the two and use victarios over shave? Probably not since then your srs do nothing

If you want to do that you would most likely need a +3 bow which would be more expensive than the shavs option.

My older aurabot TauraDaura was full support but that gear would be much more expensive than the current one.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I started a Sunder Berserker, can't find a forum post and just going off a video for now. Anyone have a build guide that's not on youtube? Or does that not exist anymore.

Didn't realize there would be a purge in the first week, was out of town and got booted :/

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Pollyzoid posted:

while it's only 2c on SC

wow that was faster than i was expecting. paid 20c for mine a few days ago.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm running an SRS/Zombie build right now and it seems to be doing very well. My zombies do seem quite squishy though.

How exactly do they scale? Which stat feeds directly into them?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Katasi posted:

Are you just using two siege ballistas with no multiproj as your clearing skill? I feel like that must take ages to clear packs. If that's not just your single target setup that I'm seeing, try slotting greater multiple projectiles in that green spot, and see how that feels.

I have Rain of Splinters so get +2 projectiles in exchange for 30-50% reduced (NOT less) damage. It's great.

I will eventually keep buying and corrupting Skirmish quivers (they're dirt cheap) until I get +1 arrow too.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Since we're talking minions I've been using this build which I'm liking a lot. I don't have the links for the skeletal mayhem just yet but it has some solid zombies and with necromantic aegis and v's charity it's a lot of fun. I do have one of the skeleton mage jewels and those seem pretty buff.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

2.6: Man, it's annoying having to stop mapping to complete some prophecy

3.0: Now you have to do it on Normal-equivalent so it's even more pointless.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

I'm running an SRS/Zombie build right now and it seems to be doing very well. My zombies do seem quite squishy though.

Look for Minion Damage or Minion HP in the tree. Also there are nodes and gems specifically for minion resistances, regeneration, and life leeching. No main stat feeds 'directly' into them, though the gem itself requires heavy INT. They get quite tough, especially since they start with 40/40/40/20 Fire/Ice/Lightning/Chaos resist.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

m.hache posted:

don't skimp on the minion life nodes, srs benefit from life too once you have beacon of corruption so they're good

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do chests in Silver Door areas in uber lab ever hold treasure keys, or can/should I just skip them if they're off the main path?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Honestly the game finally feels 'complete' to me at this point. Like yeah it needs more voice acting for A5-10 and the bosses could use some tweaking but I feel like this is the real 1.0 of the game and everything up until now has been a very large open beta. A single storyline you play through once per character followed by an actual transition into mapping, an actual help system/tutorials, and a proper minimap.

That's not to say I regret playing it or any of the god-knows-how-many dollars I've spent on it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Do chests in Silver Door areas in uber lab ever hold treasure keys, or can/should I just skip them if they're off the main path?

Curious Lockboxes contain a treasure key.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

they usually lead to emperor's troves, which are quite similar to the chests after you beat izaro in terms of reward

they can be very much worth doing if it's not like, a sawblade & spike trap

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Would love any sort of goon Guild invite.

IGN: Plopsplatugh

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vOv posted:

Honestly the game finally feels 'complete' to me at this point. Like yeah it needs more voice acting for A5-10 and the bosses could use some tweaking but I feel like this is the real 1.0 of the game and everything up until now has been a very large open beta. A single storyline you play through once per character followed by an actual transition into mapping, an actual help system/tutorials, and a proper minimap.

That's not to say I regret playing it or any of the god-knows-how-many dollars I've spent on it.

I get the same feeling. I never really missed much, but playing 3.0 makes me realize that this is the first actual "finished" game.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Coming back to this game after years of being gone. Can anyone link me to a good Flicker Strike build? It was always my favorite build.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Jazerus posted:

they usually lead to emperor's troves, which are quite similar to the chests after you beat izaro in terms of reward

they can be very much worth doing if it's not like, a sawblade & spike trap

Am I just bad, or are the spinning blades the worst when it comes to not taking any damage crossing them?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The game made fun of me because I messed up on my Cruel lab run on some saws. It was a great run with great darkshrines, and then my subsequent run gave me two useless perma-buffs and... Two of the trap resistance shrines. Which stack. So I was completely immune to trap damage. Felt like the game put me in baby mode...

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

JawnV6 posted:

I started a Sunder Berserker, can't find a forum post and just going off a video for now. Anyone have a build guide that's not on youtube? Or does that not exist anymore.

Didn't realize there would be a purge in the first week, was out of town and got booted :/

I followed this guide for the most part.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRKLks6sq8Q But I picked up Vaal pact right after RT.
This is my current build https://pastebin.com/iRdzybyn use path of building to see all my items and tree.

Using this build I Just defeated the shaper, first attempt ever.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
How important is improved item rarity? Is it basically required like d3 vanilla or completely useless like current d3?
Basically I've got 1 skill that kills everything, and it kills everything pretty well. If I get another link for that skill, is it worth throwing an IIR support gem in there?
(I'm just hitting endgame on my first character, for context)

Unrelated, I've been using flame dash as my 'teleport across unpathable areas' utility. Is there a better skill to use for this?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

iir is worthless but increased item quality is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

awesmoe posted:

How important is improved item rarity? Is it basically required like d3 vanilla or completely useless like current d3?
Basically I've got 1 skill that kills everything, and it kills everything pretty well. If I get another link for that skill, is it worth throwing an IIR support gem in there?
(I'm just hitting endgame on my first character, for context)

Unrelated, I've been using flame dash as my 'teleport across unpathable areas' utility. Is there a better skill to use for this?

not useless, but it's a frill you could get if your clear speed is good and can afford to sacrifice however many gear mod slots for iir instead (never use iir support though)

most people don't bother because it's better to be stronger and clear harder stuff instead