Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Either I'm an idiot or you're introducing augments way too early. I can just barely defeat the slime boss and I don't have a hope in hell of defeating anything in the forest until I spend a shitload of EXP on stats. Yet the game already gives me the option for augments, of which the most basic one costs 10k gold which is already 20-50 enemies, depending on which ones I encounter (and a process I can't automate cause I need to either start fighting again when my dude dies or constantly heal to make him not die in the first place). I can only imagine the cost will go up to unreachable levels soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

GrossMurpel posted:

Either I'm an idiot or you're introducing augments way too early. I can just barely defeat the slime boss and I don't have a hope in hell of defeating anything in the forest until I spend a shitload of EXP on stats. Yet the game already gives me the option for augments, of which the most basic one costs 10k gold which is already 20-50 enemies, depending on which ones I encounter (and a process I can't automate cause I need to either start fighting again when my dude dies or constantly heal to make him not die in the first place). I can only imagine the cost will go up to unreachable levels soon.

I didn't do any forest til very late. Once you get all the sewer items and upgrade them some you can idle sewer for some steady gold income, at least enough to get some of the first 2 augments. Once you get further into the cave you'll stop having to worry about adventuring for gold entirely.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

I didn't do any forest til very late. Once you get all the sewer items and upgrade them some you can idle sewer for some steady gold income, at least enough to get some of the first 2 augments. Once you get further into the cave you'll stop having to worry about adventuring for gold entirely.

What sewer items? All I have is the cloth leggings that he added to make it easier and a few +1 boosts that don't do anything at all when I drag them on the leggings.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

GrossMurpel posted:

What sewer items? All I have is the cloth leggings that he added to make it easier and a few +1 boosts that don't do anything at all when I drag them on the leggings.

There's an entire set of "crappy" gear that drops off the brown slime one piece at a time occasionally. Starts with whole points for all the half points your cloth gear has and can be upgraded I want to say 5 defense a piece (and 20 attack on the sword).

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

There's an entire set of "crappy" gear that drops off the brown slime one piece at a time occasionally. Starts with whole points for all the half points your cloth gear has and can be upgraded I want to say 5 defense a piece (and 20 attack on the sword).

Wow, and right away the very first slime I beat dropped a ring.
something, please remove the part of the code that checks whether you made an SA post complaining about no drops before you're allowed to get drops.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I did and now it won't compile. :negative:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Closing in on R56. Have played as titans (/dragons) since R40 and wouldn't mind playing something else. Reading G00f's wiki it looks like titans is the bees knees all the way to the end of reincarnations? There are some R54-R60 faceless rush build etc but Titans in the begining on an R is something you always do?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ineptitude posted:

Closing in on R56. Have played as titans (/dragons) since R40 and wouldn't mind playing something else. Reading G00f's wiki it looks like titans is the bees knees all the way to the end of reincarnations? There are some R54-R60 faceless rush build etc but Titans in the begining on an R is something you always do?

You need Titans still until you can get to e30-33 gems ( I usually switched over the R after I was able to buy all dragon upgrades)

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Yeah, titans offer the strongest early-R low-gem start, then once you can afford to get rolling with them properly, faceless takes off. Dragon challenge 3 is a big boost to faceless, so knock that one out if you haven't already done so (and in the process, get all the spells available as faceless/dragon up to tier 6).

And that's before R60 and undead lineage rolls around, making faceless in particular even more ridiculous because of the interaction with Magical Treasure (aka "assistants give you mana regen"), never mind the sheer might of dozens of thousands of assistants in a vacuum from the lineage by itself.

You basically just ride the wave of faceless with undead lineage to R75 and merc research at that point; it only gets really grindy in the last few Rs (starting R72/R73 or so).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
something, can you separate out the "tooltip" options more than just "on/off"? I want to keep the ones that show equipment stats, those are kind of way more important :v:

e: oh also I hate mouse dragging, can I right-click to trash item and double-click to equip or something

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Just got to the broken time machine, can't wait to rake in all the dosh!
Is there any point in the adventuring segment now, though?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

GrossMurpel posted:

Some of the adventure gear has some nice bonuses for the other side.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
After bouncing off it a few times before, I finally got into the steam version of ItrtG. It's pretty neat, I like the "assign resources to stuff" style of idler with no clicking, and it has a great interface with a ton of automation options to help avoid waste while idling. I just wish there was an elegant way to build up exactly the resources you need to build monuments, there doesn't seem to be one if one resource you need depends on another.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sindai posted:

After bouncing off it a few times before, I finally got into the steam version of ItrtG. It's pretty neat, I like the "assign resources to stuff" style of idler with no clicking, and it has a great interface with a ton of automation options to help avoid waste while idling. I just wish there was an elegant way to build up exactly the resources you need to build monuments, there doesn't seem to be one if one resource you need depends on another.

I haven't played ITRTG in a long time but IIRC you just end up buying the resources you need with divinity instead of spending the time to produce them. And the buy interface does have a ton of options to quickly select almost any amount without having to type it in.
Playing Steam idle games would annoy the poo poo out of me cause it's pretty much always online so you get millions of hours in them.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Spent almost 100 hours on realm grinder after almost 1600 on clicker heroes.

You know what? I think i'm done.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Is there any way to make "cast x spell y times in this reincarnation" research in RG progress faster besides using time warps? I don't have very many rubies and I'd like to avoid having to buy them.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You can abdicate, buy faction, cast spell, abdicate on repeat. I know I did that for one of the faceless brain wave researches.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is there any way to make "cast x spell y times in this reincarnation" research in RG progress faster besides using time warps? I don't have very many rubies and I'd like to avoid having to buy them.

Timewarps also don't help, since they work like offline time - you get credit toward X spell's activity time (not number of casts), and you get credit toward generic "spells cast" not attributable to a specific spell. And if you don't set yourself up properly you may not get full activity time credit either, so definitely export before timewarping so you can re-import if it didn't go as planned.

For Brainwave, since it's long, you can cast -> abdicate -> rejoin -> repeat if you need to rack up this-reincarnation casts. Won't help for that one lore artifact which cares about this-abdication instead of this-reincarnation casts of BW though.

Starting in a recent patch (2.7.4?), refreshing the game or doing export -> import (which doesn't reload the game itself but does reload your save if that makes sense) will also end all your currently-running spells, allowing you(r autocasting) to immediately recast them again assuming you have the mana for it.

That said, for any spells with durations 20 sec or less, the most hassle-free option is to simply let them run on autocasting and acknowledge it'll just take however long it takes to get Y casts at Z duration per cast. Just don't use anything that increases spell duration like D200 or the reward for druid challenge 4.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

something, can you separate out the "tooltip" options more than just "on/off"? I want to keep the ones that show equipment stats, those are kind of way more important :v:

e: oh also I hate mouse dragging, can I right-click to trash item and double-click to equip or something

The options is super rpugh and just barely in. Itll get more sophisticsted with time. And ctrl click auto trashes.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I just started getting Magic out of nowhere in NGU, but I don't seem to be able to do anything with it. I think it was right after boss 34?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Elswyyr posted:

I just started getting Magic out of nowhere in NGU, but I don't seem to be able to do anything with it. I think it was right after boss 34?

You have to spend xp to raise your magic cap and then it becomes a second energy that only works on the blood magic rituals. Most of them require more to cap than the datatype will hold. They give you bonuses on your rebirth based on how many of how strong a ritual you did during your run. This is about the point where I gave up and dicked around with cheat engine. After boss 59 you run out of story and get the a placeholder for challenge runs: start over completely and clear boss 54 to unlock small bonuses.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Aug 14, 2017

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

GrossMurpel posted:

Time machine's base gold is based off the best gold drop you've gotten from adventure.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
For NGU, maybe lock the EXP purchases for magic until it unlocks.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

For NGU, maybe lock the EXP purchases for magic until it unlocks.
That would be nice - I bought one magic regen upgrade because I figured that was how you'd unlock magic.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I've been meaning to get around to that yeah. you're not the first to do it. Still fiddling with the numbers for magic and figuring out how to fit it into the game.

Speaking of - what do you think of either giving magic a initial speed higher than 1, when you unlock it? Or alternatively, a special offer for Magic speed, like Energy.

something fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 14, 2017

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
It would be cool if you could add something like "speed at 1 energy" for augments and the time machine stuff so we'd have something to compare. Cause I was certainly surprised when i finally saved up the 10 million bucks for machine speed and the timer ended up being like 2 days or something with all of my energy in it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That would be nice - I bought one magic regen upgrade because I figured that was how you'd unlock magic.

something posted:

Speaking of - what do you think of either giving magic a initial speed higher than 1, when you unlock it? Or alternatively, a special offer for Magic speed, like Energy.

My magic speed is at 0.1 after the real unlock because I bought a regen upgrade. Would it have normally started at 1?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

My magic speed is at 0.1 after the real unlock because I bought a regen upgrade. Would it have normally started at 1?

No it starts at 0 because the figure in the exp menu is what speed you've bought. internally, the speed is 1 + that number.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Does anyone have some pointers on unlocking research C460 (click 1 million times in one game) at around R31-33? All I can think of is to use Elf bloodline (3 clicks/s) and spam Moon Blessing (15 clicks/s) but it seems to work out to about 10 days of idling.

I know people on R157 will go HAH THATS NOTHING but I'm still wondering if there's an alternative.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Can't help you there, I got lucky it coincided with the Goblin Invasion where one of the bonuses was 1 click = 1000 for all intents and purposes.

Also your math is way off and it's under a day of idling. 18 auto-clicks/s * 60s/min * 60 min/hr * 24 hr/day = ~1.56 million clicks/day. Even accounting for the second lost between casts you can do it in about 18 hours.

EDIT: Also new Realm Grinder event! Summer and Winter orbs appear somewhere on screen but you can only click on one stack. Seems rather uninspired after that.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 16, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Man getting back into RG and I don't know what any of these prefixes on research builds mean like NU and U and OH

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Aurora posted:

Man getting back into RG and I don't know what any of these prefixes on research builds mean like NU and U and OH

NU = Non-Unique Building Focus
U = Unique Building Focus

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
What is the latest hotness?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Klungar posted:

NU = Non-Unique Building Focus
U = Unique Building Focus

Also OH = Olympic Halls, the unique building that replaces Halls of Legends on neutral alignment with research.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I'm on R75, with ~5*10e^87 gems, and I cannot get to merc research. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the e87 build from Goof's page to unlock, I have the unique building, but I'm still like six orders of magnitude coins away from getting even the spell upgrade, and more than ten orders of magnitude away from the upgrade that unlocks research itself.

Do I need to wait until like r76 or something for research? Because r74 was incredibly long and boring, and I was really looking forward to something new happening.

Edit: never mind, I just had to wait until I had enough exchanges to get my bloodline going. Phew.

Coca Koala fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 17, 2017

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Coca Koala posted:

I'm on R75, with ~5*10e^87 gems, and I cannot get to merc research. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the e87 build from Goof's page to unlock, I have the unique building, but I'm still like six orders of magnitude coins away from getting even the spell upgrade, and more than ten orders of magnitude away from the upgrade that unlocks research itself.

Do I need to wait until like r76 or something for research? Because r74 was incredibly long and boring, and I was really looking forward to something new happening.

Edit: never mind, I just had to wait until I had enough exchanges to get my bloodline going. Phew.

it's brutally slow, the R84+ build needs excavations to help it along (and unless i'm doing something really wrong, the R75-76 good merc build barely is available to you until the very end of R76 anyway)

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

For the R74+ build that requires excavations, honestly you're not that much worse off by sticking with E1325 (cheaper exchanges for easy lineage) instead of E1225 (more effective exchanges). Also "requires" is a bit of an exaggeration - if you're at high enough gems to want to use that build in the first place, it doesn't take very long to afford enough exchanges for the lineage even without E1325 or excavations.

Those first few Rs in merc research are helped along by the fact that even at R75, you can use merc research to get all your lineages to 20. So if you didn't have UL15 beforehand (most people don't at that point unless they were at endgame before merc research came out), you do afterward, with all the associated benefits of an extra spell to cast.

Then at R82 you can bump them all to 25 and unlock Genealogist trophy/upgrade, which does very nice things for bridging the production gap between when faceless slows down in the e80s and when you can really start going with merc research closer to e90. W3150 is also affordable as faceless/dragon around that same time.

Spell tiering goals: aside from the spells usable as faceless/dragon, throw in Grand Balance, Fairy Chanting, and Night Time, and you might as well tier them up in a merc build as good/evil so you can also work on Holy Light or Blood Frenzy. (Note: while lineage spells don't give a drat about your alignment, merc build spells still do for some inane reason. Merc Night Time requires evil and merc Lightning Strike requires neutral. You can still tier up Night Time as good mercs, you just have to have it be your lineage spell and not one of the ones you pick in the merc build.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Realm Grinder: get those orbs!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Cripes. 25000 spells and 1 million clicks? I'm trying to use an autoclicker to help the latter along, but the game doesn't seem to acknowledge my clicks when I use it. Is there a maximum speed for autoclicking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm a little confused about the Divinity Generator in ItrtG. I don't quite see the point in assigning clones to load stone into it when you can just buy a billion and instantly load them yourself, and I don't see any way you can automatically generate stone fast enough to keep it fed. What am I missing?

EDIT: I'm at Luna, and it feels like I've finally reached the point where I actually need to use the generator to produce enough divinity to buy enough monuments and upgrades to progress. I was ignoring it before now.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 18, 2017