Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I mean even if it's not planned in advance Ramsay's initial action (kidnapping lady hornwood) is suicidal and pointless and clearly contrasts with the cunning of everything else he did, it also contrasts with pretty much everything he does afterwards, almost all of which is foolish, cruel and lacks any sort of restraint and planning.

so like such a person would act in real life. the serial killer type in real life isn't the unbeatable genius like hannibal or ramsay on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

lezard_valeth posted:

Does Euron win everything? If not, most dissapointing book series ever.

He talks a bunch of hype but everything just kinda ended, like there's two or three more books that need to be written to finish all of the stories.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Ramsay is def killing Roose in the books too (if they ever come out), but it def won't be as dumb as "let me hug you on your way out to poverty"

Or I hope so.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 13, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

FogHelmut posted:

He talks a bunch of hype but everything just kinda ended, like there's two or three more books that need to be written to finish all of the stories.

Talking about bookEuron reminded me of the dumb Euron = Daario theory. How do people come up with this stuff?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Too much time on their hands between books.

e: tbh it's a fun enough theory, I wouldn't mind if it ended up being true. Like of all the dumbass theories people come up with, it's at least interesting and would make Dany's plot a little less boring.

poo poo ain't happening tho.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

esperterra posted:

Too much time on their hands between books.

That and the prevalence of secret identities, baby swaps, etc in the books. But mostly just the fact that people go insane in the 5+ years between books.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I cared more about the old Daario getting recast than current Daario being written off as "lived happily ever after in slave town".

Like look at this guy

This is the kind of Fabio guy you don't share your credit card account info with and definitely would have been a much more interesting story mechanic than "nah, he just loves her for realsies".

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

lezard_valeth posted:

Ramsay is def killing Roose in the books too (if they ever come out), but it def won't be as dumb as "let me hug you on your way out to poverty"

Or I hope so.

I doubt it. Book Roose basically called show Ramsay's actions out already and George is not going to treat Ramsay better because he is played by a good actor. If one of them kills the other it's Roose scheming to have Ramsay killed, probably by letting him attack Stannis with 20 good men - it would be so GRRM to have a few show burns in the next books.

lezard_valeth posted:

I cared more about the old Daario getting recast than current Daario being written off as "lived happily ever after in slave town".

Like look at this guy

This is the kind of Fabio guy you don't share your credit card account info with and definitely would have been a much more interesting story mechanic than "nah, he just loves her for realsies".

"and is now a male feminist".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah i think it's far more likely roose gets ramsay killed due to ramsay being a liability. especially considering in the books the red wedding actually has consequences and he knows how precarious his position is. it's like d&d forgot the red wedding happened.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
DUNK AND EGG MINISERIES

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I don't want a lower budget spin-off.

At the risk of brining up Battlestar Galactica again, the events before the series sounded cool enough.

They then gave us not one but two lovely prequel series that were boring as gently caress.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Wow at how many goons asked about the gold. So many posts bitching about stuff that is covered.

This episode was actually good. Excited for tonight!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the show blew its load already watch Twin Peaks instead

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

the show blew its load already watch Twin Peaks instead

I'll never understand the appeal of David Lynch.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

PostNouveau posted:

I'll never understand the appeal of David Lynch.

check this smoothbrain who can't comprehend ~real artistic aesthetic television~

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WeAreTheRomans posted:

check this smoothbrain who can't comprehend ~real artistic aesthetic television~

It's like someone gave a student film director tens of millions of dollars.

You ever seen an interpretive dance, and there's a guy gyrating arrhythmical on the floor, and it's supposed to be about the "vitality of movement" or whatever, but you know the real truth of the matter is that guy figured it was easier to do something weird than learn how to actually dance. OK, well now that dude is in charge of the Moscow Ballet.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Manic X posted:

Wow at how many goons asked about the gold. So many posts bitching about stuff that is covered.

This episode was actually good. Excited for tonight!

Actually there's dozens more posts like this reacting to like 1-2 people mentioning the gold.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah i think it's far more likely roose gets ramsay killed due to ramsay being a liability. especially considering in the books the red wedding actually has consequences and he knows how precarious his position is. it's like d&d forgot the red wedding happened.

possible, but Roose ddiiiiid have this to say in the books:

"If she pops out sons the way she pops in tarts, the Dreadfort will soon be overrun with Boltons. Ramsay will kill them all, of course. That's for the best. I will not live long enough to see new sons to manhood, and boy lords are the bane of any House. "

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

socialsecurity posted:

Actually there's dozens more posts like this reacting to like 1-2 people mentioning the gold.

speaking of gold, how is cersi going to repay the iron bank

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

You ever seen an interpretive dance, and there's a guy gyrating arrhythmical on the floor, and it's supposed to be about the "vitality of movement" or whatever, but you know the real truth of the matter is that guy figured it was easier to do something weird than learn how to actually dance. OK, well now that dude is in charge of the Moscow Ballet.

you sound more pretentious than lynch ever has been thanks buddy

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Phi230 posted:

you sound more pretentious than lynch ever has been thanks buddy

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
In 25 years there will be another Game of Thrones series with Sophie Turner and whoever else comes back all about their sexy sexy children.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
David Lynch is terrible poo poo like a child making a movie.

Now let me tell you about medieval dual wielding sword style and why they're super dumb and don't make sense in the context of a show with dragons, fire swords and zombie monsters.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

David Lynch is terrible poo poo like a child making a movie.

Now let me tell you about medieval dual wielding sword style and why they're super dumb and don't make sense in the context of a show with dragons, fire swords and zombie monsters.

I bet you could dual wield pretty effectively against the ice zombies though. You wouldn't need a shield after all. But then a two-handed sword would be the better option in that case anyway.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god shut the gently caress up

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

I bet you could dual wield pretty effectively against the ice zombies though. You wouldn't need a shield after all. But then a two-handed sword would be the better option in that case anyway.

make it a flaming sword and im sold

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The change in Daarios was like super jarring. They don't look anything alike, they don't act anything alike...and the character had a little bit too much screentime to forget between seasons

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Gendry warhammers some dudes this episode right?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

Gendry warhammers some dudes this episode right?

Should be tonight, yea.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I bet he has a big cartoon mallet and not a historical war hammer which is just a sledgehammer with a pickax side

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I always confuse gendry with the podry guy

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

PostNouveau posted:

It's more like someone gave one of the most critically-acclaimed directors of the last 40 years tens of millions of dollars. And it owns, especially because it angers the smoothbrains

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Based on the spoilers we've read, what do you think tonight's sperg topic will be?

Safe bet is on "How did Jaime swim to King's Landing with all that armour and only one hand?" but I do hope people get more creative

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

lezard_valeth posted:

Based on the spoilers we've read, what do you think tonight's sperg topic will be?

Safe bet is on "How did Jaime swim to King's Landing with all that armour and only one hand?" but I do hope people get more creative

Jon is going to go from Dragonstone to Kings Landing and then to Eastwatch in one single episode.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

Probably something about the flashpoint of bones being wrong when toasting the Lords.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You think these guys are traveling, but it's just Bran watching things through the weirwoodnet at this point, and he's fast forwarding through all the poo poo.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

lezard_valeth posted:

"The hammer / hammer fighting is unrealistic."

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i can forgive any time lapses and absurd travel times if some dude gets hammered good

there arent enough warhammers in fantasy/ sci fi

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My love of this episode will be directly correlated to the size of Gendry's arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

drunken officeparty posted:

I bet he has a big cartoon mallet and not a historical war hammer which is just a sledgehammer with a pickax side

I'm counting on it.

WampaLord posted:

My love of this episode will be directly correlated to the size of Gendry's arms.

JBP fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 14, 2017

• Locked thread