Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Palmtree Panic posted:

So, which character are you first gonna choose to play as in Mania? I'm debating to go as Sonic solo or the classic Sonic & Tails duo. Kinda hope cpu Tails can screw you over in the special stages for nostalgia's sake.

sonic, then tails, then knuckles, like god intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

God dammit tails dodge the bombs.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
me, thinking about sonic the hedgehog mania

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i was so happy that in 2 days i was gonna play sonic mania
now...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

im manic 4 sanic

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

so it's sonic, knuckles, and tails. is that it? is he called robotnik?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

a.lo posted:

ALWAYS
EGGMAN
IN
JAPAN!!!!!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

a.lo posted:

No, but Eggman is just Robotnik's nickname

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

now...

it will be worth the wait

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don't want to call him Eggman

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
GameFAQs > Sonic CD > Tips and tricks for Good Ending:
You can collect all time stones, or, alternatively, destroy the Metal Sonic projectors and robot capsules. You'll know if you missed them when you get to Act 3, which will be the Bad Future variant in which Sonic Mania is delayed 2 weeks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Me looking at all the black bars earlier in the thread:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I was playing adventure 2 earlier and that game is trash, everything about it is trash. The movement, camera, music, voice acting, level design, game design, all of it is bad and dumb.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Overbite posted:

I was playing adventure 2 earlier and that game is trash, everything about it is trash. The movement, camera, music, voice acting, level design, game design, all of it is bad and dumb.

It's not often you get to say somebody is wrong 8 times in one post

edit: ok 7 times, the camera is pretty bad just like every other 3D action game

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Overbite posted:

You're not wrong but ill always be nostalgic for thar game. Also chao garden is legit like top 5 best sonic team ideas ever

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Overbite posted:

You're wrong and I think you should feel bad. Forever.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Overbite posted:

As mentioned, the Chao Garden is great.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Sega should put out a $20 game that's literally just a big souped up Chao garden. Another ideal switch game right thur

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

If they even decided to make a f2p Chao Garden mobile game they'd make a killing

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I cancelled my preorder on Steam and am gonna buy it on Switch instead.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ArfJason posted:

now...

I'm not going to let this get me down... I'm... playing Freedom Planet...

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

man nurse posted:

I cancelled my preorder on Steam and am gonna buy it on Switch instead.

Congratulations on making the correct decision

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Overbite posted:

Preach it, brother.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

elf help book posted:

Stop you have so much to live for

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Overbite posted:

Sonic Adventure 2 is okay. Rouge is insufferable, Shadow is hilarious, Eggman deserves a standalone game.

elf help book posted:

Freedom Planet is Ken Penders: The Game.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

On the whole I do prefer Adventure 1's soundtrack, but 2 has its moments.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Freedom Planet is Ken Penders: The Game.

I hope you mean this only as criticism of the original characters / story aspects. The gameplay is pretty solid and not deserving of a comparison to Penders.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
While Sonic Mania is runnin wild, I rediscovered a few artifacts from my childhood, including my ratty old sonic doll that I used to sleep with every night. As a kid I was really hooked on sonics

The thing on the left is a trapper keeper. Do they even still make trapper keepers anymore?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Sonic Mania is almost here guys. Oh my god! Oh my god!

(Skip to 5:17 if it doesn't do it automatically properly)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmkT113MLYI&t=317s

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

While Sonic Mania is runnin wild, I rediscovered a few artifacts from my childhood, including my ratty old sonic doll that I used to sleep with every night. As a kid I was really hooked on sonics

The thing on the left is a trapper keeper. Do they even still make trapper keepers anymore?

That game gear pouch on the backpack is sweet as gently caress

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Oxyclean posted:

I hope you mean this only as criticism of the original characters / story aspects. The gameplay is pretty solid and not deserving of a comparison to Penders.

Unless Penders is missing his true calling as a game designer/programmer despite his stated loathing of video games, that's pretty much what I mean. Cutesy furry OCs with "dark, mature themes" is pretty much what Penders feeds upon.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Veotax posted:

Jesus Christ

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Frankston posted:

That game gear pouch on the backpack is sweet as gently caress

Unfortunately my Game Gear didn't fit in it because I got a rechargeable battery pack that screwed on to the bottom for obvious reasons. Also my parents and teachers kind of frowned upon me bringing a game gear to school.

I'm also pretty sure I had Sonic pogs. I think I must have given away all my old archie comics but they were in terrible shape.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

SONIC MANIA FINAL BOSS [60 FPS] videos showing up on my youtube front page. stay safe everyone, I managed to avoid looking at the thumbnail.

Youtube has been trying to show me one particular (non-final) boss ever since the leak and the thumbnail basically ruins the entire thing for me anyway so I finally caved, watched it, and straight up deleted Youtube from my history to remove the temptation to see any more of this game.

God I can't wait for this game though.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

It feels so right that the best Sonic game in 20 years is being made by a rockstar from the 1970s

Sonic is actually cool again

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Paul.Power posted:

On the whole I do prefer Adventure 1's soundtrack, but 2 has its moments.

I was thinking of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d16feEWADac

when I wrote that. I laughed when this started playing, its so bad. Especially when it was knuckles himself who broke the emerald into a million shards and some dude raps about how Rouge stole it and shes sexy as oooh and eating play doh

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Unless Penders is missing his true calling as a game designer/programmer despite his stated loathing of video games, that's pretty much what I mean. Cutesy furry OCs with "dark, mature themes" is pretty much what Penders feeds upon.

That's underselling Penders by a metric ton.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Veotax posted:

I'm the audience reaction at "all new drop dash"

:geno:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

The cringe is oh so hard but I can't really blame em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Stink Terios posted:

That's underselling Penders by a metric ton.

I'm trying to tone down the hyperbole. Penders is awful though, and it's a warm comfort to know he will never have a job again and has to rely entirely upon his wife for support.