Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Goobs posted:

Bart taxxe.

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

really, I'm just waiting for them to put some other doughy thumb-looking guy in an obvious wig and wheel him out at Gamescom and then the transition to Kamp Krusty will be complete

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
That UI looks like a UI you have in your cockpit in Elite

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:lol:
Definitely NOT a shill-piece.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

cupitor posted:

I call bs. CR will be there in person to renew the faith of his flock since the biggest annual sales are upcoming.

Mind you this is Gamescom, not Citcon. I could see him stay away because they are "sooooo busy working on 3.0 to get it ready asap"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

This doesn't raise any questions whatsoever.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Did anyone post wtfosaurus's latest stream of disillusionment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPiwj2NVd2U

:mmmhmm:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Chris' holograms are real to him damnit!

£

Maldoror posted:

Did anyone post wtfosaurus's latest stream of disillusionment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPiwj2NVd2U

:mmmhmm:

Star Citizen: A golden stream of disillusion.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
WTFo said he has known things in advance. Can you imagine the lols if he was MoMA the whole time?

Kromlech posted:

This thread is becoming obsessed with WTFo and i personally find it unbecoming.

:shobon:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
"People are always complaining about dates, so, no dates."

*applause*

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Maldoror posted:

*applause*

"No prelude"

*standing ovation*

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Maldoror posted:

*applause*

-The tutorial is an embarrassment!
-Ok, we removed it!

*applause*

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

10 days.

I'm excited.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16061-Gamescom-2947-Details

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dang that new marketing lady is already earning her pay !

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So, I've been busy just trying to keep up with all the insanity going on in international politics and I had to give up following the thread some four months ago. I have so, so many questions...

1st what's with the new thread title?
2nd is 3.0 out yet? :laffo: how's the funding going?
3rd any major departures in CIG/community? Any bans of thread regulars? Is Derek still around? Is FYAD still doing their thing?
4th Is Cymelion still alive?
5th can someone give me an "as detailed as possible/reasonable" summary of the funny/important highlights of the last four months? pretty please? :smith:

My internet life went from laughing at shillizens the whole day to 50% :argh: / 50% :stonklol: since I stopped following the thread. :smithicide:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 14, 2017

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I happened to click on WTFO's birthday stream probably a few hours after it was posted here, and heard him say he owns a $2 million house that he'll never mortgage because he's terrified of debt, also his mom's estate is twice the size. Is this doxxing?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

:hype:

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Skipped 500 posts, did anything funny happen?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Yes.

Kromlech posted:

Skipped 500 posts, did anything funny happen?

Nope. Just spinning our wheels for 10 more days (citcon).

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

MilesK posted:

I happened to click on WTFO's birthday stream probably a few hours after it was posted here, and heard him say he owns a $2 million house that he'll never mortgage because he's terrified of debt, also his mom's estate is twice the size. Is this doxxing?

Makes sense

He's a trust fund kid who thinks he is gods gift to women

Surprise he gets pouty when his new streaming career doesn't take off

I say good for him

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

So, I've been busy just trying to keep up with all the insanity going on in international politics and I had to give up following the thread some four months ago. I have so, so many questions...

3rd any major departures in CIG/community? Any bans of thread regulars? Is Derek still around? Is FYAD still doing their thing?
5th can someone give me an "as detailed as possible/reasonable" summary of the funny/important highlights of the last four months? pretty please? :smith:

My internet life went from laughing at shillizens the whole day to 50% :argh: / 50% :stonklol: since I stopped following the thread. :smithicide:

1. Derek Smart
2. No, and they also stopped releasing schedules. Funding is supposedly worse than their first year of funding but I haven't personally checked the veracity of this statement.
3. WTF had several meltdowns and quit streaming SC. Several other SC streamers also quit. Derek is still around and I think FYAD got bored with us.
4. yes
5. I will leave this to someone else.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

MeLKoR posted:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MeLKoR posted:

Shortest possible summary: CIG has done nothing worth showing to backers for 1 full year. For a month or two they released a weekly progress report that did nothing but push back progress one week at a time, then abruptly stopped even that. Due to the aforementioned, backers are convinced everything is going better than ever before.

I know you wanted a detailed summary, but CIG hasn't done anything.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
http://i.imgur.com/CmTLjPW.gifv

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Thoatse you are one of my favorite posters, I hope you know that

I always smile at your av/text

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Sappo569 posted:

Makes sense

He's a trust fund kid who thinks he is gods gift to women

Surprise he gets pouty when his new streaming career doesn't take off

I say good for him

2 million doesn't buy that much in Vancouver.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
well that was an experience

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

peter gabriel posted:

Hey you're alive!

wb

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

Welcome back from the Stimpire.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Did you touch the hand of crobberts while you went under ?

Did he cure your ailment like he did to Ben the apostle ?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

peter gabriel posted:

Glad to know your trepanning went smoothly. It would be a shame if you died before Star Citizen's release, though I guess technically we can't rule out the possibility.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Thanks!
I have a big bandage on my head in a xomedy style and feel ewlly groggy I'll probably fall asleep in a minute but I am not dead so that;s good

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

peter gabriel posted:

Do you love Star Citizen now? Have you bought a Completionists package? If so the operation was succesfl

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

notoriousman posted:

Glad to know your trepanning went smoothly

it went really badly lol I woke up and some nurses were shouting at me to show them my teeth and I was pretty much like 'wtf' then I went under again. Turns out I had loads of bleeding and they were trying to see if it was coming from insode my head or out my ears or whaeerever. now i'm no scientinst but that's bad. anyways I ended up in hospital for an extra night and now I am all druged up life is good

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

How's the drugs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Quavers posted:

Do you love Star Citizen now? Have you bought a Completionists package? If so the operation was succesfl

I feel condiednt in chris and am certain 3.0 will be a huge milestone