Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

R. Guyovich posted:

for an interesting counter example to the universal permeation of fascist ideology,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

RuanGacho posted:

What is your point? Why are you posting?

Are you trying to have some sort of pissing contest about who can be the most correct?

Oh I see, you're one of those

Because that is not how it works. They will continue to hold rallies and it will get increasingly more tense. I maintain that they best way to get these people are to use the legal justice system and local government (keep removing statues).

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
A measure to literally turn anti-occupation BDS protestors (and in fact anyone tweeting/supporting it) into actual FELONS was happily chugging along with broad bipartisan support in Congress recently, so let's not pretend that the system gives a toss about 1st Amendment rights. It will always find loopholes to strike at those it wants.

I understand that tearing at the fig leaf of due process we do get is risky, but let's not pretend things aren't plenty messed up.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

pkay posted:

Look, I frequently carry a weapon. If some guy is saying some hateful poo poo to me, trying to provoke me, that's fine. As soon as he puts his hands on me, it changes the situation entirely. So I seek to avoid those situations because I don't want to have to shoot anyone and more importantly I don't want to get shot. So until these fuckers are on my lawn with their tiki torches and a cross, I am not endorsing violence.

Shut up stupid, the only place you've ever carried a weapon is in a video game.

e- https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=72740

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 13, 2017

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

"if the ACLU didn't defend Nazis, the government would be free to suppress left wing protest!"

https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/896849163270332416

I had NWA on blast today, to a bunch of tourists confusion.

I'm nowhere near the rally downtown, but I did my small part.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Oh my god gently caress off forever you insecure man baby with murder fantasies.

Or I am someone that is legally licensed to carry a firearm and understands the responsibilities/consequences that comes along with that.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

pkay posted:

Because that is not how it works. They will continue to hold rallies and it will get increasingly more tense. I maintain that they best way to get these people are to use the legal justice system and local government (keep removing statues).

You heard it here first folks, don't bother counter protesting because otherwise you're just asking for it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

pkay posted:

Lol what is this impotent centrist bullshit

E. There are two types of CPL holders, those who you don't know about, and those who won't shut up about it.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

Google Butt posted:

You heard it here first folks, don't bother counter protesting because otherwise you're just asking for it.

So now punching nazis is a form of free speech? Where did I argue against counter protesting.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

pkay posted:

So now punching nazis is a form of free speech? Where did I argue against counter protesting.

Nazis aren't people, they don't get human rights.

Punching them is your civil duty.

e: in fact why am I arguing this. there are a few of these fuckers down in Westlake, I'm heading down to join the protests against them. gently caress Nazis.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 14, 2017

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

pkay posted:

Where am I wrong? Are the leaders/organizers of these movements being funded by billionaires and nation-states? Is using the legal justice system (an institution they seek exploit) as a way to deal with them a bad thing? What is accomplished by punching Nazi's and 'chasing them out of town'. They don't give a gently caress, their goal is to provoke you. It is evidenced by the proliferation of makeshift weaponry at these events. What happens when someone gets shot (again). Alot of these states it is legal to carry at a demonstration, concealed or otherwise. Punching Nazis is great and all but they punch back and carry weapons. So you should be prepared for them to punch back and you should probably carry some sort of weapon. I would rather exhaust the non-violent means before escalating to (minor) violent means that quickly escalate to even more (major) violent means.

We should really be fighting them on all fronts: legal, political, economic and physical. The reason you sometimes need physical violence (despite the very legitimate fear that the violence can spiral out of control) is because in the context of shutting down a rally, shutting down that show of force and intimidation, that's all that works. There is some actual, real research behind this: https://twitter.com/BigMeanInternet/status/896221725712683008

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

pkay posted:

So now punching nazis is a form of free speech?

Is there a petition I can sign to make this real?

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010
I think the debate about whether we should or shouldn't punch is irrelevant. The Nazis will make the situation impossible to not punch them whether because of self-defense or not.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Check out the gang tattoos on this thug, in the pic exhibiting his stapled "injury" what is that, the chemical structure of an element?

http://www.theroot.com/interview-20-year-old-deandre-harris-speaks-out-about-1797796038

Also this is kind of weird or not:

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/896820870898786304

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Giggy posted:

I think the debate about whether we should or shouldn't punch is irrelevant. The Nazis will make the situation impossible to not punch them whether because of self-defense or not.

I think we're heading down a road where the conversation about "punching" is going to seem pretty quaint.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

You have the right to be a Nazi. However, being a Nazi comes with the consequences of being punched in the loving throat.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Dirk the Average posted:

He could have denounced them. He could have come out in no uncertain terms and stated that what they did was intolerable, and that they are unamerican and unwelcome in America. He could have announced that this will be a major issue that his office will address and that he will start a task force to look into these organizations.

Well, let's be honest, he couldn't have. It would have taken more than 140 characters and been focused on too many people other than himself.

This is absurd.
Trump's top staff are neo nazis, he campaigned on racism from the get go and turned the anti domestic terrorist task force into anti islamic only.
All the speeches in the world would be useless, a new task force just for show.
He is doing what he always expected him to do. What he told us he would be.

The nazis have been recruiting on the internet for 15years, the feds have known about the cancer in law enforcement since long the big report in 2006.
White supremacy is an underlying theme of republican platforms, Trump just made it unsubtle and empowered the rats to come out in the daylight.
Every politician and news anchor who called BLM a racist terrorist org instead of considering that they were pleading for their lives is part of the rot.

This cannot be addressed without a massive purge and lots more nastiness coming to light.

The Republican Party will find a way to spin this away from them but Trump ?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Imagine if you will, a world in which you are free to use a suicide booth at your discretion.

Being a Nazi is the same thing.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Should there be physical consequences for being a Nazi in 2017?

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/BettyBowers/status/896555103913730048

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

Pembroke Fuse posted:

We should really be fighting them on all fronts: legal, political, economic and physical. The reason you sometimes need physical violence (despite the very legitimate fear that the violence can spiral out of control) is because in the context of shutting down a rally, shutting down that show of force and intimidation, that's all that works. There is some actual, real research behind this: https://twitter.com/BigMeanInternet/status/896221725712683008

I agree with those tweets totally. But punching nazis who have not first punched you is not self-defense. Like I said, If they are on my lawn with their tiki torches then yes. I personally, don't give a poo poo about their circus. As long as that statue is removed all is well. I saw no where in those tweets where they were talking about shutting down their 'rally'. I did see mentions of self-defense however.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Google Butt posted:

Ask @BakedAlaska

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
This was posted in the BSS Funny Panels thread. For context, before this post there were several panels from old MAD Magazines showing how every panel has puns packed into every space possible. Then Pastry of the Year posted this:

Pastry of the Year posted:

Not really funny, but as a follow-up to MAD chat, I thought this would be appreciated (March, 1967)

MAD could be loving raw when they wanted - and remember, this was widely considered a humor magazine for kids.

ETA: Max Brandel, the person credited with this piece, was imprisoned by the Nazis in the 40s.
This was posted on Thursday before all this poo poo went down. Saturday was the US's ugly as gently caress past coming up once again.

No thumbnails, Do It Live

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

RuanGacho posted:

Imagine if you will, a world in which you are free to use a suicide booth at your discretion.

Being a Nazi is the same thing.

This is a good argument actually. Nazis are inherently self destructive and violent.

Now perhaps for another question and derail - Does the Klan have views on the endgame political structure of their ideal society? Is it fascist or just democracy with only white people.

I swear back in the day the Klan and neo Nazis hated each other mainly because the Klan is pro Christian and Nazis aren't.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Google Butt posted:

Of course.

Map out the next few years... We all know the only way Republicans will be able to win elections going forward as the demographics favor them less and less is voter suppression combined with white identity politics and because our politics are a one way ratchet the nativism and scapegoating of immigrants is going to be more and more necessary for their internal party politics to appeal to the marchers yesterday who will more and more be the GOP base. It's going to be the White party vs the Nonwhite party and GOP rallies are going to look more and more like Charlottesville.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

That's a fictional character, Betty Bowers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deven_Green

Just FYI.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 14, 2017

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

pkay posted:

You have no functional insight into how pathological people function, no experience in dealing with bullies/predators,and can offer no examples of your ideas succeeding in the real world. I would like to invite you to kindly gently caress off and let the people who understand the situation do the talking. Your brand of self righteous sheltered naivety is something that we as a people just simply do not have the luxury of indulging at present.

Please feel free to rejoin the conversation once you understand enough about what you are talking about to be able to (at least) find your rear end with both hands, because right now you are unable to meet even that meager standard.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

pkay posted:

Look, I frequently carry a weapon. If some guy is saying some hateful poo poo to me, trying to provoke me, that's fine. As soon as he puts his hands on me, it changes the situation entirely. So I seek to avoid those situations because I don't want to have to shoot anyone and more importantly I don't want to get shot. So until these fuckers are on my lawn with their tiki torches and a cross, I am not endorsing violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIDgDFvyeS8

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hunt11 posted:

Is there any good place to keep updated about what is going on in Boston in response to countering any unite the right bullshit that might be going on?

Quoting this in case it was lost, because I'm also interested.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

pkay posted:

I agree with those tweets totally. But punching nazis who have not first punched you is not self-defense. Like I said, If they are on my lawn with their tiki torches then yes. I personally, don't give a poo poo about their circus. As long as that statue is removed all is well. I saw no where in those tweets where they were talking about shutting down their 'rally'. I did see mentions of self-defense however.

Hate speech is not free speech, should not be tolerated in any form, and should come with consequences.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

You have no functional insight into how pathological people function, no experience in dealing with bullies/predators,and can offer no examples of your ideas succeeding in the real world. I would like to invite you to kindly gently caress off and let the people who understand the situation do the talking. Your brand of self righteous sheltered naivety is something that we as a people just simply do not have the luxury of indulging at present.

Please feel free to rejoin the conversation once you understand enough about what you are talking about to be able to (at least) find your rear end with both hands, because right now you are unable to meet even that meager standard.

The statues are just a rallying point. The idea that getting rid of them will get rid of the GOP's march toward being the white supremacist party is laughable.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

KickerOfMice posted:

That's a fictional character, Betty Bowers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deven_Green

She is a parody account pointing out truth in a humorous manner.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

coyo7e posted:

Check out the gang tattoos on this thug, in the pic exhibiting his stapled "injury" what is that, the chemical structure of an element?

http://www.theroot.com/interview-20-year-old-deandre-harris-speaks-out-about-1797796038

It's hard to make out with the blurry photo but the structure looks incorrect from what I can see. However, it doesn't look like any of the normal drug ones so I guess its something different?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

pkay posted:

these aren't conservatives.

this isn't a "ha ha, oh you racist cad.". this isn't a "hey, we can agree to disagree!" statement.

there's no "how about we compromise" for nazis.

they have one goal. eliminate all blacks because they've never gotten laid in their lives. they plan to kill an entire group of people.

you can't pop off with "how about half the blacks, I REALLY don't want to rock the boat here."

you can't pop off with "how about we try getting along :)"

you solve the nazi problem by breaking their jaws so they can't talk anymore. you solve the nazi problem by breaking their legs so they can't organize anymore. you solve the nazi problem by beating them bloody in public spaces over and over again until they realize being a nazi is actually super dangerous and they either shut up and go away, or go back to jerking it to anime in the darkness.

in the paradox of how do you deal with a group of people that push for genocide, the answer is to kill them first. it always has been. you beat them physically over and over again till people choose not to go to rallies anymore and they lose popular support. you beat them by finding their employers and forcing them to become unemployable to the point they'll have to live on the streets as homeless. you beat them by making them the enemy and showing people what happens to the enemy over and over again.

sorry your morality matters more then the lives of thousands. you must be white.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is there any thread keeping track of the doxxing effort of the Tiki Torch brigade? Because I want to feel the schadenfreude.

This guy's twitter feed: https://twitter.com/YesYoureRacist

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Discount Dracula posted:

She is a parody account pointing out truth in a humorous manner.

I get that, but just if anyone took it seriously (like I initially did.) A little more believable than the God account.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

mcmagic posted:

The statues are just a rallying point. The idea that getting rid of them will get rid of the GOP's march toward being the white supremacist party is laughable.

Confronting high-compaction Narrativists when they gather in numbers and being prepared to throw down is really the only option at present. We are long past the point where this could be contained using any other method. Direct confrontation is now the only language a fair number of them speak and if you do not meet their challenge their numbers will swell rapidly. At this point smashing every Nazi rally and doxxing each one of them stupid enough to appear at these things is the only way we as a people have of doing literally anything about this situation. The Federal Government cannot be relied upon to contain things and in fact at the very highest levels is actively encouraging violent extremism from white supremacists

Also taking down those Confederate symbols is a major blow to the Inner narrative of members of the Racist cluster and would genuinely go a great ways towards demoralizing/weakening them.

Narrativists live and die by their symbols, tear down their symbols and you tear down their ability to live in their delusions.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

Are you an expert in vigilante justice? Oh no you are just someone that pushes 'narrativist' theories that you came up with from your time in a cult. Sorry, I believe that punching nazis in non-self defense situations is counterproductive.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

pkay posted:

I think you're using defence in a narrow sense of immediate defence. The rest of us are using it in the broader sense of "prevent a group of people ideologically intent on killing us from feeling invincible and intimidating innocent people". Nazis need to be driven out of society, by whatever means necessary. If that happens to be legal... great! But the current AG is a racist poo poo who's only surprised his friends weren't wearing hoods. In that context, I think other tools may work.

At no point am I advocating that we give up on legal, political or economic solutions... since those will be the long-term ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

pkay posted:

Are you an expert in vigilante justice? Oh no you are just someone that pushes 'narrativist' theories that you came up with from your time in a cult. Sorry, I believe that punching nazis in non-self defense situations is counterproductive.

Wow, you're a dick!

• Locked thread