Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

making fun of ted talks is not some sort of savage own, it's the lowest hanging fruit possible, but yeah i guess it isn't nazi/alt-right so i'll give him that

here's a great example of early sam hyde "humor", this was 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt19Vp9uBiQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

the black husserl posted:

he is incredibly unfunny and his comedy has always been alt-right garbage

you should take a long look in the mirror if you like his work

He used to be just anarchist/countercultural in an unfocused way, and then alt-right points became countercultural and he said them trollingly so much he eventually just adopted them. 4chan was probably involved somewhere.

But I agree that introspection and challenging our biases is good, so I'm gonna go do that. *Gets distracted by how handsome I am and forgets why I was looking in the mirror*

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

you'd have to be pretty dumb to think making fun of ted talks is some sort of savage own, it's the lowest hanging fruit possible

here's a great example of early sam hyde "humor"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt19Vp9uBiQ

I don't think he actually believed that stuff at the time, he was just saying what he thought would be the most disturbing to that audience.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah the classic nazis and klansmen had a lot more sense

Murdering a white woman was instrumental in destroying the second klan.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/bakedalaska/status/896862931207376896

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/896887870710927360

beautiful. tear that poo poo the gently caress down

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jeb! Repetition posted:

He used to be just anarchist/countercultural in an unfocused way, and then alt-right points became countercultural and he said them trollingly so much he eventually just adopted them. 4chan was probably involved somewhere.

But I agree that introspection and challenging our biases is good, so I'm gonna go do that. *Gets distracted by how handsome I am and forgets why I was looking in the mirror*
Even the MDE fans on the subreddit are like "woah, too far dude" and these are people who have stuck with him after he went Nazi

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Even the MDE fans on the subreddit are like "woah, too far dude" and these are people who have stuck with him after he went Nazi

Yeah he's completely off the deep end now, but the fact that long-time fans don't like it is proof that he wasn't always like this.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
To take us ain a slightly different direction Jordan peterson had a new video. However very little of it has to do with the murder, except the end Mostly it covers the whole Google idiot and how Peterson doesn't like being characterized as Alt right. So apparently when talking to James whatever he started to get characterized as Altright by somecuck of a journalist at BI and Joradan because he is a narcissist decided that was worthy of a video. Going into detail on the chat logs he had with the cuck over him being called far right. (No condemnation of Nazi Stephen Molyneux) (My thoughts on James whatever getting fired, is this is why you have a union. ). Now at the end he gives the most evasive response he can about Charlottesville, only saying people shouldn't be trying to find ideological groupings. (Funny you seem to support that when you suggest people ciivly take part in religion.) Really I suspect this was done because while I doubt Peterson is a fascist, he does know who pays his Patreon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxfFxhERMYY

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/896887870710927360

beautiful. tear that poo poo the gently caress down

were there any anti-slavery confederate officers

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

*literally hangs out with nazis* don't call me a nazi

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

see the thing about the statues is this: i think it's fine if you have a statute memorializing the confederate soldiers killed in the war because many of them were not there by choice. they were drafted and fought out of duty to their state. many of them did not own slaves and were poor farmers themselves.

the officers however were there because they wanted to be, because many of them had a stake in keeping slavery, and because they truly believed in their cause.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/LynnRN54/status/896840287749910528

FREEZE PEACH

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

see the thing about the statues is this: i think it's fine if you have a statute memorializing the confederate soldiers killed in the war because many of them were not there by choice. they were drafted and fought out of duty to their state. many of them did not own slaves and were poor farmers themselves.

the officers however were there because they wanted to be, because many of them had a stake in keeping slavery, and because they truly believed in their cause.

That's a good point.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/JT_Los_Angeles/status/896886318726340609

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

You know aprt of me likes to think that this could be a Damascus for that man.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Badger of Basra posted:

Robert E. Lee was one, believe it or not.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

the joke is that if you are an officer in the confederate army you are pro-slavery

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

he is incredibly bad at being funny and his comedy has always been alt-right/gamergate garbage

An Inconvenient Anime and his Ted Talk were legit funny.

His evil piece of poo poo cop character meanwhile has a whole new meaning. Instead of being anti-cop it was just Sam acting out his deepest desires.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

this guy seems cool

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

No he loving wasn't.

Badger of Basra posted:

There was a funny episode late in the war when the confederates were running out of soldiers and didn't know what to do. Confederate officer and recent Irish immigrant Patrick Cleburne floated a proposal to emancipate the slaves and recruit black soldiers, and the room full of csa officers he was talking to went dead silent and pretended he didn't say anything.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

this guy fucks

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

You know aprt of me likes to think that this could be a Damascus for that man.

There are easier ways to blind a man than waiting for god to do it

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Hope this gets a laugh,

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/896898112316297216

Was that sociopath at the rally?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Lot of those soldiers volunteered, and they did it because their lives and everything they knew was a slave culture. Didn't matter if they owned slaves or not.

Give the draft dodgers a statue instead.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

drat if thats the best they can dig up maybe she was An Angel

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Crowsbeak posted:

Was that sociopath at the rally?
Nah he's a coward who's been in hiding for awhile

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CombineThresher posted:

Lee's personal opposition to slavery didn't stop him from whipping disobedient slaves while he had them. Personally. Because the punishments he ordered were too inhumane for the overseer.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Lot of those soldiers volunteered, and they did it because their lives and everything they knew was a slave culture. Didn't matter if they owned slaves or not.

Give the slaves a statue but make sure the company that builds it is owned by the descendant of a slave owner

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Lee's personal opposition to slavery didn't stop him from whipping disobedient slaves while he had them. Personally. Because the punishments he ordered were too inhumane for the overseer.

Also didnt stop him from giving his soldier the thumbs up on kidnapping freemen to get sent back south in chains. gently caress him.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Agean90 posted:

Also didnt stop him from giving his soldier the thumbs up on kidnapping freemen to get sent back south in chains. gently caress him.

The amount of myth building invested into making Lee seem like a humanitarian is really something.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Mark Twain was a Confederate deserter, ASAP in the first few months of the war.

They should be erecting statues to southern Unionists.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I like this idea.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

:shrug: that was just my take. i dont actually give a poo poo whether whiny confederates get a statue or not. no participation statues for second place :smugdon:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Keep in mind that Andrew Anglin is 5'2" which is almost Danny DeVito-sized. Which is fine except he probably has some insecurities about it since he's a Nazi and all.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The amount of myth building invested into making Lee seem like a humanitarian is really something.

the (possible) only unionist monument in the south is in texas, where a bunch of unionist germans got lynched: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treue_der_Union_Monument

unfortunately those germans who were voting republican in 1860 have kept on voting republican right up to the present day

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Keep in mind that Andrew Anglin is 5'2" which is almost Danny DeVito-sized. Which is fine except he probably has some insecurities about it since he's a Nazi and all.

the littlest nazi

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Badger of Basra posted:

with appropriate "holy poo poo ppl were super racist 200 years ago" and "regardless of personal belief they were still fighting for a bad cause": john mosby urged reconciliation after the war, became buds with grant, and wrote a pretty great letter making fun of the embryonic lost causer's denial that slavery was involved in the war. james longstreet ended up leading black militiamen to put down a white supremacist riot in new orleans.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think Lee was very good at being anti-slavery when he got a zillion of his soldiers killed and lost the war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

i think Lee was very good at being anti-slavery when he got a zillion of his soldiers killed and lost the war

Lee's leadership of the Army of Northern Virginia is what kept the Confederacy alive so long, considering how early and often the Confederates were rolled up along the Western front. Having a consistent seat of power in Richmond helped the Confederate government stay as stable as it could reasonably be expected, which meant the Confederacy's clock couldn't really be punched until Sherman marched to Savannah.