Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait so does that mean that Janey-E wasn’t manufactured 25 years ago like Dougie was? She’s just a regular person?

I mean, yeah? Have you not considered that before, even with all the talk of how tragic it's gonna be for her when Coop wakes up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

WELL THAT EPISODE WAS loving INSANE AND AMAZING.

For the record, my wife predicted a few days ago that Janey-E and Diane were sisters, and made a good case for it too. She lost her poo poo when the episode confirmed it. I'm so proud of her :allears:

She should post

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

didn't Laura once pull that take face off like a mask trick (in FWWM maybe?) but instead it was just pure white light behind her face

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, of course. Janey-E. Janey Evans. That makes sense now!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

didn't Laura once pull that take face off like a mask trick (in FWWM maybe?) but instead it was just pure white light behind her face

In like episode 1 or 2 of this series

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

Ahahahahahaha "Sarah Palmer" is trending on Twitter. God bless.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The episode was 💯, in my humble opinion

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

The episode was 💯, in my humble opinion

:agreed: 10/10 A++++ would pull face off and bite guy's neck again

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

CJacobs posted:

I swear to god if this Hulk Hand motherfucker ends up being the catalyst of Booper's defeat

I was thinking the same thing

If booper gets killed by a silly little British man wearing a rubber glove I'm going to lose my mind

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean, yeah? Have you not considered that before, even with all the talk of how tragic it's gonna be for her when Coop wakes up?
Well that brings a lot of things into question. Does that mean Sonny Jim is the new Laura if he inherited Dougie’s magical Lodge powers from his father? Can that even be passed down through genetics?

e: Well wait, nevermind, because Dougie just recently obtained those abilities.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Now THAT was a loving episode.

It makes me sad that we're almost done and more of the episodes weren't like this.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well that brings a lot of things into question. Does that mean Sonny Jim is the new Laura if he inherited Dougie’s magical Lodge powers from his father? Can that even be passed down through genetics?

e: Well wait, nevermind, because Dougie just recently obtained those abilities.

I like the theories that Sonny Jim is so weird and passionless because he only has half a soul

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Truck You

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Loved that episode. Had to instantly rewatch the Sarah scene, and inside her face there was a hand, with what looked like a dead/darker finger. Weird.

And what exactly did the spoilers say last week?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cromulent posted:

Loved that episode. Had to instantly rewatch the Sarah scene, and inside her face there was a hand, with what looked like a dead/darker finger. Weird.

And what exactly did the spoilers say last week?

They were 100% accurate. They didn't say that Bellucci would be playing herself, or the specifics of the James/Freddie scene, but otherwise had it all.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

GOD DAMMIT HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, THAT IS WHAT WE DO IN THE FBI

loving loooooool

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Last two episodes have been crazy good.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I loved the "it really is a mystery huh" line. So good.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Escobarbarian posted:

They were 100% accurate. They didn't say that Bellucci would be playing herself, or the specifics of the James/Freddie scene, but otherwise had it all.

Wait are there leaks of the rest of the episodes?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
huge implications in the one little line that the kid already had plane tickets purchased for him

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
was the fwwm flashback scene a joke about nostalgia revivals? it didnt really tell anything new or tie anything together as a previous poster suggested imo

divx
Aug 21, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

I was thinking the same thing

If booper gets killed by a silly little British man wearing a rubber glove I'm going to lose my mind

He's going to beat him in arm wrestling

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Confounding Factor posted:

Wait are there leaks of the rest of the episodes?

Nah, but this one aired accidentally instead of ep 13 in Germany. Didn't get ripped by anyone, but a synopsis was posted on Reddit.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'm still wondering how the hell can Hawk, Bobby and Truman be so god drat stupid. Andy comes out and says "We can't tell ANYONE about this, she's important and people want her dead". So what do they do? Put her in some random jail cell right in front of Chad the corrupt cop, and some other dude(Billy perhaps?), and don't have anyone down there watching her at all times. I don't get how they think that's going to work out, and those guys should be smarter than that.

I guess there's surveillance cameras in there or something lol. But still

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 14, 2017

Slum Village
Oct 6, 2013

The Walrus posted:

was the fwwm flashback scene a joke about nostalgia revivals? it didnt really tell anything new or tie anything together as a previous poster suggested imo

You are expected to have watched FWWM before this series, but if you're not a superfan I could see forgetting a detail like Bowie's line.

I thought the glass box scene was going to end up being the scariest scene in the revival but I think each recent Sarah Palmer scene has topped it.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I really really did not expect the german leak to have actually been right. I literally thought it was all the German posters pulling a prank.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
"what's your mom's name?"

"......................It's Tina."

made me laugh really hard.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

CJacobs posted:

Am I the only person who rewound right after the credits ended to watch Sarah eat that dude's loving neck again

edit

The way the tongue juts out of the face is freaky as hell

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Best episode since 8. Monica Bellucci dream. Andy in the loving lodge. Demon Sarah.:aaaaa:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Slum Village posted:

You are expected to have watched FWWM before this series, but if you're not a superfan I could see forgetting a detail like Bowie's line.

Was that line even in FWWM, or was it a cut scene?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think it may have been from Missing Pieces.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

:aaa:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I love that Andy has more pieces to the puzzle than anyone else. He's going to be the bellwether that brings this entire story together. He has a whole drat town after all!

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
It's in FWWM, although what appeared in tonight's episode seemed like a different take to me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sarah just super casually revealing "btw there is actually a demon inside me let me demonstrate" is probably the scariest thing that has ever been on this show. And I've listened to James yell at the soap opera lady!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I knew something was terribly wrong with Sarah Palmer the minute they showed her drinking bloody marys at night. That's a morning drink!

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
"Laura used to say her mother was kind've spooky"

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Data Graham posted:

GOD DAMMIT HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, THAT IS WHAT WE DO IN THE FBI

loving loooooool

That might honestly be the funniest moment in the entire show to me. It hit me so hard I couldn't believe it.

Bobby, Hawk and Truman's numerous ghosts all wondering into one spot from different locations was so hypnotic.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Kind of weird how brief the interaction with Cole and Truman was. Like, shouldn't you ask him to email over the diary pages or something? Or maybe ask them about Briggs like you've been asking everybody else, or at least say "if there is any other information you come across or have already, turn it over."

It makes sense that Truman wouldn't be too concerned about getting info to the FBI (it was kind of weird that he called them to begin with), but Gordon should be very interested that stuff is happening in Twin Peaks, especially since he already had the connection to the town figured out. When that call happened I was expecting it to result in the squad flying out to Twin Peaks to partake in the Jackrabbit Palace trip.

Overall though I wouldn't dare complain about this episode because holy poo poo, so much happened and it was all great/hilarious/horrifying. There wasn't a wasted second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

It's such a minor thing in an episode of so much awesome, but I really loved the way Bobby was when they were walking up to Jackrabbit Palace. He just had this look of remembering fond childhood memories with his dad that really sold it to me.