Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
I've noticed quite a few goons wanting to play one of the Pathfinder/Raider Elemental Wander builds, so I just wanted to make a quick post to hopefully help you buy the best wand. Let me say first off, even though the wands aren't 10ex+ like the old phys wand builds, wanders are still expensive as gently caress too make. Keep that in mind if you wanna make one.

Anyway, in my opinion, your wand MUST have ALL of of the following four criteria:

1. Imbued Wand Base
2. Lightning Damage
3. Attack Speed
4. Crit Chance

Now I guarantee if you search for a wand with all four of the above plus something like... 180+ elemental dps, you are looking at wands costing many exalts. The good news is Master crafting wands is very good, specifically Increased Attack Speed and Increased Critical Strike Chance. This allows us many unique options for buying a wand.

Outlined below is my recommendation for buying a wand, which will cost whatever you pay for the wand, plus 2-4 exalted. Remember exalts are trading for 45:1c currently, so 180 chaos. Anyone who's played a wander will tell you this is cheap as gently caress for a wand that's almost impossible to replace for less then 20ex or something. If you cannot afford the 2-4 price, then use Piscator's Unique.

HOW TO BUY A GOOD ELEMENTAL WAND:

Step 1: Search poe.trade/poeapp for an Imbued Wand with 180+ Elemental DPS

Step 2: Look only at the wands with High Lightning Damage (T1/T2) and High Fire or Cold Damage (T1-T3). Then use one of the methods outlined below:

Wand One: First, look to see if there's any with 10%+++ Increased Attack Speed and an open suffix; or 20-25%+++ increased Critical Strike Chance with an open suffix. If there is, and its less then 2-4ex with the elemental damage above, this is a good deal and a good wand, I'd buy it. Take note that the third prefix and suffix really don't matter as long as you have the four criteria. however, WED, Multi, a 3rd Ele dmg, Increased Lightning Damage, etc are all nice bonuses and can actually make the wand worth a lot more then 4ex and still be a good deal. Good loving luck finding this wand before everyone else does though. If there are none, go on to Wand Two.

Wand Two: Now look for a wand with the necessary elemental DPS and ZERO suffixes. If there's one for 1-2ex or less, go ahead and buy it, it's a good deal (again, third prefix isn't a huge deal). Then with Elreon 8, you pay 2ex for "can have multiple crafted mods," and craft crit chance attack speed. If there aren't any wands like this, move onto Wand Three.

Wand Three: This is usually going to be your best bet in my opinion. Look for a wand with the necessary elemental damage that also has a third prefix that's either OPEN; or, 3rd elemental dmg, 20%+ Elemental Damage with attacks, Increased Lightning Damage %, or something like +2 lightning gems or spell damage is decent as well, but not as desirable. Once you find one that has the right prefixes, then look at the suffixes. The only thing that matters is that it has 1-3 open suffixes, basically (2 SUFFIX MAXIMUM). Try to find one that meets those prefix/suffix requirements for 1-20chaos, but I'd definitely pay up to an exalt for T1/T1. Then, take your wand to Haku level 8 and craft "prefixes cannot be changed." Once you have done that, use an orb of scouring so that all you have left is the elemental damage prefixes. Then take it to elreon 8 and craft "can have multiple crafted mods." Then back to Tora so that you can craft attack speed, crit chance, and possibly Elemental Damage with Weapons if you got an open prefix.

If there's no goons with high enough masters on, feel free to search the forums for a crafting service. I've never had a problem in prior leagues and I almost always use the free ones, but tell the guy im going to tip him in the end.

Here's a wand I just purchased for 10chaos, and will be using step 4:

I just purchased that for 10chaos, then I'll do the Haku 8 mod "prefixes cannot be changed," scour it, then elreon 8 for "can have multiple crafted mods," then craft Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons, Increased Critical Strike Chance, Increased Attack Speed. You might have to divine a couple times to get the rolls you want but those are currently cheap.

Total cost = 10 chaos + 2 exalt + 1 scour + 2 exalt + 4 alchemy + 2 chaos. 4ex 12chaos 1 scour 4alch.

10bux fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

10bux posted:

I've noticed quite a few goons wanting to play one of the Pathfinder/Raider Elemental Wander builds, so I just wanted to make a quick post to hopefully help you buy the best wand. Let me say first off, even though the wands aren't 10ex+ like the old phys wand builds, wanders are still expensive as gently caress too make. Keep that in mind if you wanna make one.

Anyway, in my opinion, your wand MUST have ALL of of the following four criteria:

1. Imbued Wand Base
2. Lightning Damage
3. Attack Speed
4. Crit Chance

Now I guarantee if you search for a wand with all four of the above plus something like... 180+ elemental dps, you are looking at wands costing many exalts. The good news is Master crafting wands is very good, specifically Increased Attack Speed and Increased Critical Strike Chance. This allows us many unique options for buying a wand.

Outlined below is my recommendation for buying a wand, which will cost whatever you pay for the wand, plus 2-4 exalted. Remember exalts are trading for 45:1c currently, so 180 chaos. Anyone who's played a wander will tell you this is cheap as gently caress for a wand that's almost impossible to replace for less then 20ex or something. If you cannot afford the 2-4 price, then use Piscator's Unique.

HOW TO BUY A GOOD ELEMENTAL WAND:

Step 1: Search poe.trade/poeapp for an Imbued Wand with 180+ Elemental DPS

Step 2: Look only at the wands with High Lightning Damage (T1/T2) and High Fire or Cold Damage (T1-T3). Then use one of the methods outlined below:

Wand One: First, look to see if there's any with 10%+++ Increased Attack Speed and an open suffix; or 20-25%+++ increased Critical Strike Chance with an open suffix. If there is, and its less then 2-4ex with the elemental damage above, this is a good deal and a good wand, I'd buy it. Take note that the third prefix and suffix really don't matter as long as you have the four criteria. however, WED, Multi, a 3rd Ele dmg, Increased Lightning Damage, etc are all nice bonuses and can actually make the wand worth a lot more then 4ex and still be a good deal. Good loving luck finding this wand before everyone else does though. If there are none, go on to Wand Two.

Wand Two: Now look for a wand with the necessary elemental DPS and ZERO suffixes. If there's one for 1-2ex or less, go ahead and buy it, it's a good deal (again, third prefix isn't a huge deal). Then with Elreon 8, you pay 2ex for "can have multiple crafted mods," and craft crit chance attack speed. If there aren't any wands like this, move onto Wand Three.

Wand Three: This is usually going to be your best bet in my opinion. Look for a wand with the necessary elemental damage that also has a third prefix that's either OPEN; or, 3rd elemental dmg, 20%+ Elemental Damage with attacks, Increased Lightning Damage %, or something like +2 lightning gems or spell damage is decent as well, but not as desirable. Once you find one that has the right prefixes, then look at the suffixes. The only thing that matters is that it has 1-3 open suffixes, basically (2 SUFFIX MAXIMUM). Try to find one that meets those prefix/suffix requirements for 1-20chaos, but I'd definitely pay up to an exalt for T1/T1. Then, take your wand to Haku level 8 and craft "prefixes cannot be changed." Once you have done that, use an orb of scouring so that all you have left is the elemental damage prefixes. Then take it to elreon 8 and craft "can have multiple crafted mods." Then back to Tora so that you can craft attack speed, crit chance, and possibly Elemental Damage with Weapons if you got an open prefix.

If there's no goons with high enough masters on, feel free to search the forums for a crafting service. I've never had a problem in prior leagues and I almost always use the free ones, but tell the guy im going to tip him in the end.

Here's a wand I just purchased for 10chaos, and will be using step 4:

I just purchased that for 10chaos, then I'll do the Haku 8 mod "prefixes cannot be changed," scour it, then elreon 8 for "can have multiple crafted mods," then craft Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons, Increased Critical Strike Chance, Increased Attack Speed. You might have to divine a couple times to get the rolls you want but those are currently cheap.

Total cost = 10 chaos + 2 exalt + 1 scour + 2 exalt + 4 alchemy + 2 chaos. 4ex 12chaos 1 scour 4alch.

is this the thing that goes fast

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Guys I managed to make an outfit that doesn't look total poo poo w/ the harbinger crown effect

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
So I was out of the game for when they introduced prophecies. When you get a new prophecy, is it tied to a specific zone around your level, or can it be "any thematically appropriate zone around your level"? Like I filled my prophecies wheel around the start of act 10 and had maybe 2 or 3 fulfilled in that act, but I haven't had any at all in around 15 maps since then. Do I need to go back and clear out old ones (or seal them, I guess) and get new ones that will be in maps?

Having a lot of success with this build, too. It was pretty cheap and once I sort out my rings/amulets with resistance and a decent 6L I reckon I can move up a few map tiers.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Skyl3lazer posted:

Guys I managed to make an outfit that doesn't look total poo poo w/ the harbinger crown effect

I'm sorry, it's just a really bad effect

I prefer the boner aura

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

baram. posted:

iir is worthless but increased item quality is awesome.

Either you mean quantity or I'm hella confused
e: wish this game would crash less, that's gonna get annoying

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 14, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

baram. posted:

iir is worthless but increased item quality is awesome.

*quantity

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

awesmoe posted:

Either you mean quantity or I'm hella confused
e: wish this game would crash less, that's gonna get annoying

Yeah the crash on area change is really annoying. Seems like every time they mess with load times it gets crashy.

The load times ARE a lot better, I'll give them that.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

AggressivelyStupid posted:

You're probably thinking of builds that use the unique chest, Queen of the Forest. But yes, there is a wander pathfinder that uses QOTF and im sure, it goes fast.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Question about atlas shaping.

If I complete a map that gives me an orb, can I then use the appropriate tier cartographer's seal to uncomplete it and still have the orb I got from it?
Eg remove excavation and keep the shaped t11 map?

The guide I looked at kind of glossed over it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yes you can delete it after you get the orb to never have to run excavation again

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Finally hit maps with my cyclone Juggernaut and it's like cutting grass in Zelda.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Am I just bad, or are the spinning blades the worst when it comes to not taking any damage crossing them?

they're the hardest to pass undamaged but spikes + sawblades renders you entirely at the server's mercy while you're in the trap. one second of lag and you're dead

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Am I dumb for thinking jewels are a good thing to spent alts on until you get a good mod (life/%damage/etc) and then divine them and hope for the best? The market is pretty slim pickings at the moment.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Hauki posted:

*quantity

I just rejiggered my whole gear loadout to accomodate a Bisco's Collar and I haven't really noticed a difference :shrug:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

ronya posted:

We have a remarkably poor success rate at rescuing people, and the ratio only gets worse in 3.0. Is the only person that survives our flailing attempts to extract them Helena in Act 2?

Helena ends up falling in love with Greust though so I'd rather leave her in the Chamber of Sins. Also her character model doesn't change the entire time. I guess she embraced life with only one boot.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Man, trade chat triggers me hard. Almost every single person is offering blatantly bad deals, some of them laughably terrible. Are there really enough people with decent currency who also have no idea about poe.trade or poe.ninja for this to be worth their time? Saw a guy trying to sell a boat load of almost vendor-worthy garbage for 8c+ each, including a super low roll Kaom's Primacy he wanted 9 chaos for. (I currently have a way better Kaom's Primacy up for 1c and I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while to sell). With the time you're spending attempting to rip off a newbie, you could just make more currency than that easily, no? Why are people so reluctant to offer reasonable deals that are mutually beneficial for both parties? You get the trades done way faster (or, ever) and have more time to make currency in other ways, other person fairly gets the item they need to level/farm and make their own currency. Everybody wins. loving greedlords waste everyone's time including their own.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

dead in real life posted:

Man, trade chat triggers me hard. Almost every single person is offering blatantly bad deals, some of them laughably terrible. Are there really enough people with decent currency who also have no idea about poe.trade or poe.ninja for this to be worth their time? Saw a guy trying to sell a boat load of almost vendor-worthy garbage for 8c+ each, including a super low roll Kaom's Primacy he wanted 9 chaos for. (I currently have a way better Kaom's Primacy up for 1c and I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while to sell). With the time you're spending attempting to rip off a newbie, you could just make more currency than that easily, no? Why are people so reluctant to offer reasonable deals that are mutually beneficial for both parties? You get the trades done way faster (or, ever) and have more time to make currency in other ways, other person fairly gets the item they need to level/farm and make their own currency. Everybody wins. loving greedlords waste everyone's time including their own.

You'd be surprised the things you can sell in trade chat. I have unloaded single res 4 link body armor for 2 chaos before.
I'd say the fast majority of players do not use poe.trade and have little understanding of value, they just grab whatever they think they need at the moment.
A lot of times people I trade with in trade chat don't even have hideouts.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, I'm running a Sunder build that doesn't get any int on the tree or uniques and needs Concentrated Effect. What's the best way to pick it up on gear? I know helmets and amulets can roll it, just hope for high rolls?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think alk actually took a 30 int node permanently for his sunder glad

otherwise yeah just get it on gear

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

So maybe chalk this up to poor wording on POE wiki but I only just tonight found out that the Chaos Orb recipe only cares about the ilvl of items, not the required level listed on them. This is my first time playing long enough to get to point where I could consider farming Chaos Orbs and I was getting frustrated at how I could never seem to find even a single ring, belt, or amulet that required level 60+. I had to do some searching until I found someone wondering the same thing to finally figure this out.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Helmets, Chests, Gloves, and Boots can be crafted using Catarina to get up to 30 int. You only need 1-2 of these crafts to get the stat requirement for your blue gems.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

Am I dumb for thinking jewels are a good thing to spent alts on until you get a good mod (life/%damage/etc) and then divine them and hope for the best? The market is pretty slim pickings at the moment.

I'm no expert but basically I just ID magic jewels when I see them (and I'm not lazy) and divine if I get good mods

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone have any good advice for how to most profitably run uber lab with the changes? It used to be just navigate through the shortest possible route for 3 keys straight from Izaro, but now I'm not sure.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

LordNat posted:

You'd be surprised the things you can sell in trade chat. I have unloaded single res 4 link body armor for 2 chaos before.
I'd say the fast majority of players do not use poe.trade and have little understanding of value, they just grab whatever they think they need at the moment.
A lot of times people I trade with in trade chat don't even have hideouts.

Idk how to ask this without seeming like a dick, but were you aiming to rip someone off or how did the trade even happen? I mean, you can get 2 chaos via a vendor recipe that isn't even hard to fulfill. It doesn't take much time. I guess I just don't get it. I think people become addicted to greed in games like this in general, like there's some sort of fetish in ripping people off even when it's almost entirely meaningless, and then they fail to recognize when it isn't even worth the time they spent (assuming they don't want to be reasonable and offer fair trades to begin with.)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ciaphas posted:

Anyone have any good advice for how to most profitably run uber lab with the changes? It used to be just navigate through the shortest possible route for 3 keys straight from Izaro, but now I'm not sure.

I spent most of yesterday doing an average of 6 keys/uber run, it was pretty fun. You have 3 from Izaro, 1 from Argus, and 2 from puzzles. Puzzles with a "curious lockbox" at the end reward a key, those with a "labyrinth trove" have a weaker version of the final treasure room's boxes. Same with Silver doors, which give "emperor's vaults".

So yesterday had 4 puzzles, and 3 of them were kind of on the main path, so I always made sure to check them out. I always grabbed curious lockboxes, and would skip labyrinth troves if the puzzle showed any difficulty. The last puzzle was a bit out of the way, but there was also a silver door in the area so I would tag both at the same time if I hadn't picked up 2 keys earlier.

Also, darkshrines. Totally worth it, especially if they're on the main path. You can see where they are on the minimap, and there is a little hidden switch next to them to unlock. The best ones are the twice blessed (2 uses of divine font), and Izaro granting an extra treasure key (7 keys!).

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I did my usual. Raced up on a guy I was excited about, accumulated a some wealth, then poo poo it all away failing to 6L a chest (rip 600 fuse) . So, now I am starting over. Gunna try that wild strike build I recently linked.

I'm one of those weirdos that would play 7-8 characters a league even when I had to do a 1-4 the times, so a6-10 is nice to have. I'm finally ok admitting that I am an altoholic.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Will it Blend?: Ancient Orb and Unique Maps

Answer: Hell Yeah

LordNat
May 16, 2009

dead in real life posted:

Idk how to ask this without seeming like a dick, but were you aiming to rip someone off or how did the trade even happen? I mean, you can get 2 chaos via a vendor recipe that isn't even hard to fulfill. It doesn't take much time. I guess I just don't get it. I think people become addicted to greed in games like this in general, like there's some sort of fetish in ripping people off even when it's almost entirely meaningless, and then they fail to recognize when it isn't even worth the time they spent (assuming they don't want to be reasonable and offer fair trades to begin with.)

In that case the person was asking a good way to get more fire res and I just IDed a fire res chest so I linked it to him and said 2C. Not really greed, just supply and demand.
From my point of view it all gets wiped in 3 months anyways since I never play normal so things are worth whatever someone is willing to give me for them in the moment. I don't do much trading on PoE.trade and such unless I need one item for my build as I'd rather spend more time playing them game then doing the market. Mostly I just wait till I have 10 tabs full and run a price check on all of them and list anything worth more than 5~ chaos. outside of that is too much time wasted trading.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

i can still taste him posted:

I did my usual. Raced up on a guy I was excited about, accumulated a some wealth, then poo poo it all away failing to 6L a chest (rip 600 fuse) . So, now I am starting over. Gunna try that wild strike build I recently linked.

I'm one of those weirdos that would play 7-8 characters a league even when I had to do a 1-4 the times, so a6-10 is nice to have. I'm finally ok admitting that I am an altoholic.

I just started mapping with wild strike marauder and it's been fun. Once you get a 5L with multistrike it starts to cook. I highly recommend getting a Cauterizer at L40.

As an aside, does Curse On Hit work with Ancestral Warchief?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Phobophilia posted:

I spent most of yesterday doing an average of 6 keys/uber run, it was pretty fun. You have 3 from Izaro, 1 from Argus, and 2 from puzzles. Puzzles with a "curious lockbox" at the end reward a key, those with a "labyrinth trove" have a weaker version of the final treasure room's boxes. Same with Silver doors, which give "emperor's vaults".

So yesterday had 4 puzzles, and 3 of them were kind of on the main path, so I always made sure to check them out. I always grabbed curious lockboxes, and would skip labyrinth troves if the puzzle showed any difficulty. The last puzzle was a bit out of the way, but there was also a silver door in the area so I would tag both at the same time if I hadn't picked up 2 keys earlier.

Also, darkshrines. Totally worth it, especially if they're on the main path. You can see where they are on the minimap, and there is a little hidden switch next to them to unlock. The best ones are the twice blessed (2 uses of divine font), and Izaro granting an extra treasure key (7 keys!).

Thanks for the advice! One thing that's not quite clear, can Curious Lockboxes (treasure keys) be the end reward of silver doors or are those always Emperor's Vaults?

Also, are there always exactly two puzzle keys, or can there be more/less (say from a lack of Argus, or bad luck)?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Me, Act 4 release: "Huh it's weird that they built up these three dudes in a bunch of lore and uniques and then threw them away on a boss rush"
Me now: "Holy poo poo please stop using these bosses now"

I found an exalt in act 9, looks like they're about 45c right now. How fast are those expected to rise?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Any guilds open for recruitment? I'm "somatoform".

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

I found an exalt in act 9, looks like they're about 45c right now. How fast are those expected to rise?

Other way around

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't they hit 120c for a bit last league? Is it all the new harbinger stuff? I just got my first today too and was a bit annoyed it's only 80ish fus, I got a bow I gotta six link here!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

part of the reason they got so high in legacy was the zana mods were poo poo. they are back to normal this league

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
38c in SC seems low, but maybe I'm just misremembering.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Other way around

I thought ex went up to like 60-70c?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

you want my build for the thing that goes fast

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?charactername=PleaseBuffPathfinder

queen of the forest blade vortex lab runner

weapon swap is important here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks for the advice! One thing that's not quite clear, can Curious Lockboxes (treasure keys) be the end reward of silver doors or are those always Emperor's Vaults?

Also, are there always exactly two puzzle keys, or can there be more/less (say from a lack of Argus, or bad luck)?

I haven't seen any curious lockboxes behind silver doors, and I've not heard anything from the poelab notes. Nor am I aware of extra puzzle keys in the absence of Argus.