Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

also the hound is in a jail cell and arya didnt say poo poo

They're not anywhere near Arya

Theyre at eastwatch and she's at Winterfell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Oh poo poo you guys are right.

That poor dude, he's never gonna keep up with the heals.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Supreme Allah posted:

they already established he's an idiot who likes to set his sword on fire and run into trouble..

thoros and beric I think for sure die.

Nah, that's bookThoros.

In the show I think Thoros has never been shown fighting.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Supreme Allah posted:

They're not anywhere near Arya

Theyre at eastwatch and she's at Winterfell

well then the other thing i said is even truer lol

the writing is p funny right now. its all over the place but at least theres a ton of funny payoff and stupid lines so its entertaining af

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

In It For The Tank posted:

This dream team wight hunting party could only be more fan servicey if Jamie and Bronn were somehow apart of it.

the real dream team would include dolorous edd.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

Supreme Allah posted:

they already established he's an idiot who likes to set his sword on fire and run into trouble..

thoros and beric I think for sure die.

That sword only has a few charges so you can be sure he won't want to waste them.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
At least they have a decent mix. The Hound is your main tank, Beric and Jorah can off-tank, and Jon, Gendry, and Tormod are your DPS tanks.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

lezard_valeth posted:

Nah, that's bookThoros.

back in season one jory and jaime definitely talked about him lighting his sword on fire and murking iron men

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

lezard_valeth posted:

Nah, that's bookThoros.

They dont show it but Ned and someone laugh about it, I think at the tourney where Hound/Mountain fought

e - or someone else ^^

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lezard_valeth posted:

Nah, that's bookThoros.

Waaaaay back in season one Jamie and that Winterfell guy who Jamie later stabs in the eye have a little war buddy reminiscing moment about Thoros charging across a bridge with his flaming sword during the Siege of Pike.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's the letter Cersei made Sansa write to Robb back in Season 1

So what does it say then. Plus, I think Arya was set up, not caught.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In It For The Tank posted:

This dream team wight hunting party could only be more fan servicey if Jamie and Bronn were somehow apart of it.

Brienne, Arya, Bran, Khal Drogo back from the dead and Gilly's baby.

The Dirty Dozen are formed!

e:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 14, 2017

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I gotta say, Gendry's actor is one of the better ones on this show. He actually emotes, even when he's given totally ridiculous material to work with.

The Fellowship of the Wight at the end was totally ridiculous, the show is just going all in on nonsense

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
People I want to see make it to the end of the series:

- Bronn
- Davos
- Tormund
- Brienne, cause even thought her plot has gone nowhere is needed for T+B ship
-The Hound
-Gendry
-Jaime
-Hot Pie

People who I want to die offscreen by next episode with no acknowledgement

-Jon
-Daenerys
-Tyrion
-Varys
-Arya
-Sansa
-Littlefinger
-The whole North cause for fucks sake they have never done anything in this whole series other than be whiny bitches 24/7 they might as well be played by goons myself included

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 14, 2017

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

some guy on the bus posted:

So seriously, why is Arya more of a childish brat now than she was in Season 1? Bitching about Sansa's room choice is something that would maybe make sense for 9 year old Arya who hasn't been through anything, not adult assassin Arya.

I thiiiink they're trying to convey that Arya can no longer trust anyone and sees ulterior motives in other people no matter what, after her experiences with the House of Black and White and whatever.

It's just not done well at all. At least that sequence with Littlefinger was a neat little bit of spy gaming....even if his plan is totally dumb.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Arya and Sansa have been very poorly directed this season, or they're just bad actors

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

Arya and Sansa have been very poorly directed this season, or they're just bad actors

It's both

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Trivia posted:

This is the worst written RPG party undertaking the world's dumbest fetch quest.

Also everyone spec'ed warrior.

Who is gonna be Leeroy Jenkins??

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sam cutting off Gilly before she does the total give away about Rhaegar's annulment.

Is Jamie going to save Bronn for once?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

InFlames235 posted:

Who is gonna be Leeroy Jenkins??

They went with 12 people to try to magic away a zombie out of the zombie army

Everyone is a Leeroy Jenkins

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sydin posted:

Waaaaay back in season one Jamie and that Winterfell guy who Jamie later stabs in the eye have a little war buddy reminiscing moment about Thoros charging across a bridge with his flaming sword during the Siege of Pike.

Season 1 armor was so much cooler looking.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Trivia posted:

This is the worst written RPG party undertaking the world's dumbest fetch quest.

Also everyone spec'ed warrior.

This isn't the *worst* party construction if your goal is just 'grab an enemy from an army that outnumbers us 10,000 to one, and someone/anyone get it back across the gate'

Literally it'll just come down to survivability, they aren't winning any actual fights

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Also I'd like to point out that there's more chemistry between Jon and Gendry than Jon and Dany. I'm now officially hoping for a RiverSnow rom/com follow up where they adopt a baby and raise show dogs.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Solice Kirsk posted:

Season 1 armor was so much cooler looking.

I actually like Jaime's new Lannister Armor.

Even though I find it weird that upon Cersei becoming Queen he didn't done his Queensguard armor back since it's the one thing that he has always been proud of, but whatever.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

lezard_valeth posted:

Even though I find it weird that upon Cersei becoming Queen he didn't done his Queensguard armor back since it's the one thing that he has always been proud of, but whatever.

Also they are all wearing black now because they're the bad guys.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President
Sam blew town without finding out his Father and Brother were dead, yes? I would assume his renunciation of his title when he took the black still stands, so it's not as though he's Lord of Hornhill now, but given that I'm still puzzling out why they felt the need to make that clear through the dialogue.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

WampaLord posted:

"Hey, you're the Hound! I met you once!"

*winks at audience*

We didn't have any scenes together but were vaguely in the same courtyard at one point

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Obama 2012 posted:

Sam blew town without finding out his Father and Brother were dead, yes? I would assume his renunciation of his title when he took the black still stands, so it's not as though he's Lord of Hornhill now, but given that I'm still puzzling out why they felt the need to make that clear through the dialogue.

There's not gonna be a Watch by the end of this so he will be Lord of the Reach.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Obama 2012 posted:

Probably an artifact from the original outline. In it the Archmaester was supposed to dismiss Sam's plea to help the North and finish up with a "oh btw, Dragon Queen killed your father and brother. suxs to be you".

Guess they decided to make him a neutral dick instead of a full blown dick.

Also outline promised some Sam the Dorkslayer and didn't deliver :mad:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Gendrys hammer is somewhere in the middle between cartoonishly large, and realistic.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

how the hell is jon gonna be azor ahai if he keeps forgetting ghost exists

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Daenarys did the right thing in burning the Tarlys, Tyrion best check his loyalties. Should've burned them either way how can you trust a lord that flips loyalties as easily as Randall.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

drunken officeparty posted:

Gendrys hammer is somewhere in the middle between cartoonishly large, and realistic.

Of all the stupid warhammers I've seen in fantasy fiction, it seemed among the most reasonable

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Can someone make a GIF of Arya and Littlefinger continually looking at each other from the shadows, on loop? Thx

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Another person who is having the blast of his life is the editing guy. Another fancy transition shot when Jon opened the door to the Wall's gate rising.

4/10 though since it didn't involve diarrhea or pus.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Bran forgot that he was supposed to have no emotions in the scene where he's controlling the crows.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Is Davos not going on the hunting squad?

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

lezard_valeth posted:

Wouldn't they need to appoint some lovely offshoot Lannister to rule the Westerlands if he returned to the Queensguard?

Le Saboteur posted:

Bran forgot that he was supposed to have no emotions in the scene where he's controlling the crows.

He says he's not. Tormund agreed, even. He's old and a sailor.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm annoyed we didn;t get the raven wing/dragon wing transition that was in the outline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Red posted:

- Pretty sure Littlefinger's raven's note was the notice from the Night's Watch that Jon died

Crossposting from the unsullied thread. This would be a much more dumb but fun plot line to follow than what we are gonna get.

Have Littlefinger loving up with Arya and be like "Jon is dead. Jon has always been dead".

VaultAggie posted:

Is Davos not going on the hunting squad?

Davos is the fast-travel NPC that depending on the location doubles up as a merchant. He ain't taking part in any fight unless you pull a zombie into his aggro range.

• Locked thread