Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Man, Sarah Palmer's actress was my favorite part of Inland Empire and I am soooo glad to see her have this opportunity to do some amazing work again in The Return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

chime_on posted:

It's in FWWM, although what appeared in tonight's episode seemed like a different take to me.

Yep, I checked and it is a different take than FWWM. In the movie he says "Who do you think this is, there?" while in this ep he says "Who do you think that is, there?" and the actors are positioned a little differently.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Only issue I had with the episode is Tammy is the worst. Just the worst. She walks pretty, but other than that she sucks the life out of absolutely any scene. Does her actress not speak English? Because it seems sort of like she's saying the words but thats about it.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

wa27 posted:

Kind of weird how brief the interaction with Cole and Truman was. Like, shouldn't you ask him to email over the diary pages or something? Or maybe ask them about Briggs like you've been asking everybody else, or at least say "if there is any other information you come across or have already, turn it over."

It makes sense that Truman wouldn't be too concerned about getting info to the FBI (it was kind of weird that he called them to begin with), but Gordon should be very interested that stuff is happening in Twin Peaks, especially since he already had the connection to the town figured out. When that call happened I was expecting it to result in the squad flying out to Twin Peaks to partake in the Jackrabbit Palace trip.

Cole probably doesn't want any information traveling over the phones or electronic devices like e-mails/texts. He may already be thinking (due to the coordinates they received) that he'll be traveling to Twin Peaks very soon.

Data Graham posted:

GOD DAMMIT HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, THAT IS WHAT WE DO IN THE FBI

Also I think Billy is the guy in the jail cell bleeding from his mouth and nose, almost like he's in a trance.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yep, I checked and it is a different take than FWWM. In the movie he says "Who do you think this is, there?" while in this ep he says "Who do you think that is, there?" and the actors are positioned a little differently.

Just did some poking around myself. Missing Pieces and FWwM seem to showcase those two different takes of the same scene.

FWwM (1:55)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMszCiYdtts

MP (0:40)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl_8WK8w3Y

FauxLeather fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 14, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

Also I think Billy is the guy in the jail cell bleeding from his mouth and nose, almost like he's in a trance.

fwiw that character is credited as "Drunk", which leads me to think it isn't Billy, as all named characters so far have had their names in the credits even before they were said out loud in the show. But it's a cool idea and I'd dig it if it turned out to be the case.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Solice Kirsk posted:

Only issue I had with the episode is Tammy is the worst. Just the worst. She walks pretty, but other than that she sucks the life out of absolutely any scene. Does her actress not speak English? Because it seems sort of like she's saying the words but thats about it.

Tammy is a black lodge doppelganger. Albert and Gordon both know this and are keeping her close so they can observe her. It's a lot like what they're doing with Diane.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
So does this mean that the fireman tried to give cole a similar message earlier, and Albert screwed it up?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I just want to talk about this episode until the end of time guys

Miching Mallecho posted:

Holy poo poo Freddie is going to arm wrestle Bad Coop

I'm putting all my chips on this holy moly

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Also this episode was extremely my poo poo and I'm on the train again.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hanales posted:

So does this mean that the fireman tried to give cole a similar message earlier, and Albert screwed it up?

Nah you could see the staircase with the grundles through the vortex. That one was a bad one for sure.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

fwiw that character is credited as "Drunk", which leads me to think it isn't Billy, as all named characters so far have had their names in the credits even before they were said out loud in the show. But it's a cool idea and I'd dig it if it turned out to be the case.

Yeah. The fact that the Fireman has been called ??????? every time doesn't mean the credits are always as forthcoming as that, but the credits make my guess a little thinner.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

TheMaestroso posted:

Also, how has NO ONE mentioned that amazing FBI man in Las Vegas?

I don't think it's the Mother thing, personally, but I suppose it's possible. My money's on frog-thing.

http://i.imgur.com/FpxzNP5.gifv

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hanales posted:

He was seeing the woodsmen so I doubt it.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Hey pal, you've got a little something on your neck

"what's that?"

MY TEETH

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Franchescanado posted:

Yeah. The fact that the Fireman has been called ??????? every time doesn't mean the credits are always as forthcoming as that, but the credits make my guess a little thinner.

Wasn't the Log Lady's husband a fireman? Dun dun dun!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Chantal and Hutch are gonna track down Dougie at the same time the FBI does, and the ensuing ruckus will be how he makes his latest wacky escape.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The Giant being an interdimensional firefighter putting out spiritual fires is pretty great.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

It is funny, given that ep 14 aired before ep 13 in Germany, it makes absolutely no difference in terms of story line which one airs first.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Supercar Gautier posted:

Chantal and Hutch are gonna track down Dougie at the same time the FBI does, and the ensuing ruckus will be how he makes his latest wacky escape.

And thus from the stirred remains of coffee and cherry pie, the oracle foresaw that another week would pass with Cooper dreaming he was Dougie Jones.

Maybe in 2 weeks. This seems too slapstick to not happen.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

lmao, this will never get old. I didn't notice that they had to reuse his desk slam, it's kinda unsettling to watch now.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Zmej posted:

lmao, this will never get old. I didn't notice that they had to reuse his desk slam, it's kinda unsettling to watch now.

Oh poo poo you're right. That effect is so weird, it's the same play-rewind-play style of animation used in old FMV or photo sprite games like Harvester, whatever that method is called.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

pyrotek posted:

It is funny, given that ep 14 aired before ep 13 in Germany, it makes absolutely no difference in terms of story line which one airs first.

sarah palmer's scene would be much different

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Tupperwarez posted:

Followed immediately by Tony's "Oh poo poo!" reaction.

http://i.imgur.com/lUU6QMh.gifv

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Can't go back and rewatch it, but was the darker finger on the hand behind Sarah's face the ring finger? If so, maybe something to do with the owl ring?

edit: I say as someone posts the clip right above me

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Can't go back and rewatch it, but was the darker finger on the hand behind Sarah's face the ring finger? If so, maybe something to do with the owl ring?

edit: I say as someone posts the clip right above me

There was mention of that finger being significant in an earlier episode on the FBI airplane, something to do with it being the spiritual finger or something

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

The Walrus posted:

sarah palmer's scene would be much different

How does the repeat boxing scene change things, I don't understand

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Escobarbarian posted:

except the fireman for some reason. i still don't understand why that was done.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

loving amazing

Did anyone else think that Albert reached for his weapon when Diane was at the door?

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The Fireman in Freddie's dream seemed far more chatty than any of the other lodge inhabitants.

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

This owns.

Also, the only thing I can think of last week that would have changed is the Bobby stuff - his talk with Big Ed is definitely pre-expedition. But it's out of sequence as is, what with his mention of "yesterday."

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's still neat that Coop went through the outlet during episode 3 and the eyeless woman went through it on episode 15.

This needs all the love.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Franchescanado posted:

It's still neat that Coop went through the outlet during episode 3 and the eyeless woman went through it on episode 15.

This needs all the love.

I would be super pleased if the Tony reaction replaced the McMahon reaction on this site.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

pyrotek posted:

How does the repeat boxing scene change things, I don't understand

I just mean the tone of that scene would be a lot different if you saw this episode first.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Your Parents posted:

except the fireman for some reason. i still don't understand why that was done.

it's an homage to Frankenstein imo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bad rear end

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Someone here called the dead guy at the bar Steven Segal but when they first showed him, for a brief moment, I thought it was Windom Earle.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
From facebook:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

From facebook:

hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU