Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Floyd manletweather has bit off more than he can chew in this one, Connor McGregor is too young, skilled, and powerful. And much bigger

But Mayweather is richer including things like the chain of strip clubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Gay Horney posted:

Has Floyd fought anyone Conor's size?

De La Hoya is around the same height and reach I think.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

obviously McGregor far outclasses Oscar De La Hoya in boxing skill, though

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Mechafunkzilla posted:

obviously McGregor far outclasses Oscar De La Hoya in boxing skill, though

Cmon.... someone bite.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I know we like to joke around and "troll" on this web site, but let's be real. Conor's going to win because he's better, not because he's bigger.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Gay Horney posted:

Canelo is bigger than Conor

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I wonder who Conor fights next after he wins. Rematch? Back to MMA? A football match vs. the New England patriots?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
He better fight tferg at some point.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

I wonder who Conor fights next after he wins. Rematch? Back to MMA? A football match vs. the New England patriots?

3v3 basketball clearly

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gay Horney posted:

De La Hoya, Garcia, Ortiz, Canelo, Mosley. Yes.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

3v3 basketball clearly

Still amazed Ice Cube is just letting all this happen.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

big money big clit posted:

De La Hoya, Garcia, Ortiz, Canelo, Mosley. Yes.

are you really going to compare McGregor to a tomato can like Shane Mosley

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

El Roncho posted:

Still amazed Ice Cube is just letting all this happen.

i heard he got a pay out in the 3 figure range

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Has Mayweather ever witnessed a man, nay, a Titan, of such might? One who swats away clouds as he strides over mountaintops? I mean, an entire inch taller and with two more inches of reach? Will Mayweather be allowed to bring the rest of the liliputians into the ring with him?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Kind of racist but w/e

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I thought he meant Johnny Mosley of extreme sports fame.

Meaning, Conor will win the x games next year.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Connor vs Jones at 225

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

We know Conor has already gone 1-1 with a 7 foot tall, 225 pound giant. Can Mayweather say the same?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXwTPDMF9ms/

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Gay Horney posted:

He has fought written words and we all know how that went.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lol

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

FishBowlRobot posted:

We know Conor has already gone 1-1 with a 7 foot tall, 225 pound giant. Can Mayweather say the same?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Gonna be 51-0 after this fight.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

This dudes last promo during the lomachenko fight was some deplorable poo poo. Neither him nor his opponent would look at the camera or each other they mumbled one word replies to everything and when asked if they had anything to say to each other replied "not really."

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Simultaneously wanting Conor to both win and lose is a testament to just how good of an entertainer he is.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Gay Horney posted:

This dudes last promo during the lomachenko fight was some deplorable poo poo. Neither him nor his opponent would look at the camera or each other they mumbled one word replies to everything and when asked if they had anything to say to each other replied "not really."

The quality of the actual Crawford/Indongo and May/Mac fights will be the inverse of the hype for each.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

Fighters should definitely be critiqued on their ability to cut promos rather than their fighting ability. It's about time someone says, "That's enough guys. Start talking."

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

:golfclap:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/EditinKing/status/897021531636846592

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

El Roncho posted:

Fighters should definitely be critiqued on their ability to cut promos rather than their fighting ability. It's about time someone says, "That's enough guys. Start talking."

This but unironically. 99.999% of fans don't watch to see who has the quickest jab or who circles away the best. We want to see people we know and care about fight for our entertainment. If you aren't consistently spectacular, like levels ahead of everyone, and you also don't have an interesting personality or story, nobody will ever care about you.

IMO anyone who makes it to the highest level of combat sports certainly has at least a couple interesting stories, and they should share those instead of giving zero effort generic canned responses.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

tesilential posted:

IMO anyone who makes it to the highest level of combat sports certainly has at least a couple interesting stories, and they should share those instead of giving zero effort generic canned responses.

Too much money for that level of honesty, gotta protect Their Brand(tm) and big themselves up constantly hoping for a prize pot so big it really doesn't matter if they win or lose.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

lol

I'd rather watch a good fight than a good press conference? WEIRD I GUESS

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

tesilential posted:

They should comment on Mighty Mouse's streams for better ideas for stories to tell for promotion.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

tesilential posted:

This but unironically. 99.999% of fans don't watch to see who has the quickest jab or who circles away the best. We want to see people we know and care about fight for our entertainment. If you aren't consistently spectacular, like levels ahead of everyone, and you also don't have an interesting personality or story, nobody will ever care about you.

I think the highest level anyone has ever elevated this art to has been/is in pro wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Floyd had to cheat to beat Big Show btw. Also nearly blinded Show with strikes.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

coconono posted:

taped fists soaked in oil then dipped in glass and set on fire. No rounds, no judges, no ref. Just fight. fight forever.

Old fashioned british prize fighting where you could slam a guys head into the ring post and kick him in the balls when you land on top of him

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

tesilential posted:

Well if anyone would know, it would be the guy whose posting gimmick seems to be that of an 80s business man all about "makin' dollarinos".

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/jeffwagenheim/status/897193185251926017

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

going to the beach and doing ddp yoga in your underwear is the best way to train for a prize fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I'm beginning to think Paulie is not that smart.

• Locked thread