Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bengy81
May 8, 2010

Godholio posted:

:stare: Good to know.

If your bank won't let you set up biweekly auto payments just have them add an extra $100 or so per month and it will accomplish the same thing.

Edit: it works because the way mortgages are weighted, your payments are primarily interest for the first X number of years. So if you make any extra payments it counts toward the principal, which cuts down on the total interest you will pay over the life of your loan.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Godholio posted:

:stare: Good to know.

Edit: Ah. Still good to know.

Yeah, if you can do things like put an extra monthly payment in every couple months, you really cut into their interest, cut a few more years down.

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Please explain how this works out, I'm not getting it.

It depends on how the interest is figured, but again it whittles the amount of that due. Typically on a 30 year note, you're paying mostly interest the 1st 23 or so years.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arc Light posted:

Basic training tends to be collaborative. If a recruit is a fuckup, everyone in the platoon/flight/whatever will be punished. This tends to mean that everyone covers down for the lovely recruits. Way back in the day when I went through basic, we had some absolute turds who probably shouldn't have graduated. Borderline retards with no ability to learn or adapt. They made it through because everyone else made their beds, folded their laundry, tutored them, etc. We didn't like them, we just didn't want the group punishment that would accompany their failure to meet standards.

What I'm getting at is, how much of a fuckup do you need to be before your buddies stop covering for you and let you fail publicly?

A unit with blacks and Jews?

I mean being punished sucks...But eventually the problem goes away?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mr. Mambold posted:

Yeah, if you can do things like put an extra monthly payment in every couple months, you really cut into their interest, cut a few more years down.

It depends on how the interest is figured, but again it whittles the amount of that due. Typically on a 30 year note, you're paying mostly interest the 1st 23 or so years.

Self-quote, but the way it works is they figure the entire scale out for the year. At the beginning, each payment you make is pure interest, no principal. But if you make that payment, then another prior to the next one due, that one is pure principal equity, and it cuts the entire amount owed down, so they have to whittle interest owed. You end up paying $3 interest for every 1 actual if you don't do something like this. Well, that's how it used to be in my day when 8% was golden. With rates down so low lately, it's still the same deal, but different figures.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Dicking around with some google result payment calculators, paying an extra $700 on a 150k loan (basically double the payment) cuts the mortgage by over 16 years. Even $100/mo extra knocked several years off.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
The only stuff I've seen on my feed is the typical "Both sides are bad!!!" dumb argument

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
If you happen to have a ~3-4% loan then you're probably better off throwing that money in your 401k in an index fund.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This better be Time's MOTY 2017

https://twitter.com/donswaynos/status/896421269423493121?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dude fuckin owns

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Where's that meme someone made with him in it?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That flower had funny placement.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Loden Taylor posted:

Pretty much . It's easy to get excited about the idea of fighting for your country. The reality of it being more like "be a minimally functional human being and do these lovely mundane tasks for your country" is too much for some dudes to handle.

"I am willing to kill for my country, but I am not willing to jog for it."

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Blind Rasputin posted:

(not mine, made by another goon)

By the way, a clusterfuck is about to start, the Daily Stormer is getting booted off GoDaddy.

https://twitter.com/GoDaddy/status/896935555912663041

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

e:f;b

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Godholio posted:

Dicking around with some google result payment calculators, paying an extra $700 on a 150k loan (basically double the payment) cuts the mortgage by over 16 years. Even $100/mo extra knocked several years off.

This is what I'm saying in my past a page or so ago. There is no real trick to any of it, and the annuity tables aren't really registering the difference, its easier to ask for the payment booklet showing the lifetime of your loan and start doing double principle payments in the first 1-5 years of your loan. You still reap the full benefit of the interest and property tax deductions whilst still getting your principle down.
The first third of your mortgage is peanuts when it comes to equity Couple this with standard occupancy timelines, there's really no one who sells their house with any true equity in it anymore.

It'll always boil down to how much you're putting towards the principle at any given time, you really can't trick this system with funky payment cycles. Outside of the late payment tightrope walk.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

facialimpediment posted:

By the way, a clusterfuck is about to start, the Daily Stormer is getting booted off GoDaddy.

https://twitter.com/GoDaddy/status/896935555912663041
gently caress, whichever way you look at this, the Nazis win: they get to move away from the flaming cesspool that is GoDaddy. Likely to one of GoDaddy's equally atrocious off-label registrar/hosting services , but still.

gently caress GoDaddy, it's not like the Daily Stormer suddenly breached their TOS yesterday—how long have they served as a platform for that poo poo?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

B17S CURE NAZIS

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Arc Light posted:

Basic training tends to be collaborative. If a recruit is a fuckup, everyone in the platoon/flight/whatever will be punished. This tends to mean that everyone covers down for the lovely recruits. Way back in the day when I went through basic, we had some absolute turds who probably shouldn't have graduated. Borderline retards with no ability to learn or adapt. They made it through because everyone else made their beds, folded their laundry, tutored them, etc. We didn't like them, we just didn't want the group punishment that would accompany their failure to meet standards.

What I'm getting at is, how much of a fuckup do you need to be before your buddies stop covering for you and let you fail publicly?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I AM in a world of poo poo

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There was a bunch of dudes that quit first week when I went through, and most of them were still there when I left. Chances are he got dear johned or just cried bitch in the first week because a drill sergeant didn't say he was a hero.

Chaptering people for being a bitch takes ages.

The dudes who changed their minds in reception seemed to get out quick as gently caress though.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Reverand maynard posted:

I AM in a world of poo poo

Elaborate?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnTU4dKpoB8

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
At least Private Pyle wasn’t a loving nazi.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

He was a disgusting fatbody

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This is good but there was one that was like " skinny nazi c-word vs flame fighter" or something all Ms paint drawn that was hilarious as hell.

Edit: oh yes

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Aug 14, 2017

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Going by this photo you'd think there's clearly one genetically favored master race

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Suicide Watch posted:

Going by this photo you'd think there's clearly one genetically favored master race

We must secure the existence of our gyms, and a future for swole children.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just love the old guy who's just chillin there.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suicide Watch posted:

Well one of those people is racially pure, and the other's ancestors decided to gently caress Neanderthals at some point

it still doesn't matter

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Reminder that the Mooch is on Colbert tonight. Since the guy has still been carrying Trump's water (it is a pee joke) even after being fired, I'm assuming he'll spew some bullshit rationalizing his hilariously short stay, but it should be funny nonetheless.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/filmystic/status/896975337770405888

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

I don't know who wrote the script for TYOOL 2017 but they're pretty good at twists and turns if true.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

in our sites for months now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

more WH leaks

quote:

Two senior Trump advisers -- one inside the White House and another who recently departed -- signaled Sunday that the knives are out for Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump's controversial chief strategist.

The comments come as a source inside the White House tells CNN that White House chief of staff John Kelly has soured on Bannon, a political operative with deep ties to the 'alt-right' and the former head of the conservative news site Breitbart.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Part of me wants the legion of doom washouts to stay in power so they're too busy backstabbing each other and tripping over their own dicks to do any lasting damage.

But then I realize that despite being actual evil, a proper conservative government wouldn't start a war on twitter or turn the world against us. They would at least have the decency to wage a proper proxy war somewhere or do a little 'nation building'.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Trump finally came out and tweeted a statement unequivocally denouncing white supremacy and the alt-right.

Just kidding, he's back to blaming Obstructionist Democrats for BAD DEALS.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/897048688639574016

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Bigly MAGA

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

https://www.axios.com/anti-mcmaster-campaign-is-about-to-get-uglier-2472606148.html

quote:

The bare-knuckle campaign to remove National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster from the White House is about to get much uglier.

Outside forces opposed to McMaster are going to allege he has a drinking problem, according to sources outside the Trump administration familiar with the anti-McMaster campaign. The controversial nationalist Mike Cernovich, who has an inside track on the anti-McMaster campaign, teased the alcohol attack in an Internet video with Alex Jones of the website Infowars. Anti-McMaster forces believe this attack will harm his standing with the president, who is a teetotaler.

To be clear: I have never heard anything to support the allegation from anyone inside the Trump administration or from anyone who's socialized with McMaster. We are covering it to highlight the extremes to which McMaster's opponents are prepared to take their war against the National Security Adviser.

---
Bannon has told associates he has nothing to do with the hits on McMaster, calling them a spontaneous reaction against the "globalist" from Trump's nationalist base. But senior White House officials don't believe him. Breitbart News, the media outlet Bannon led before joining the Trump campaign last August, has been leading the attacks on McMaster, though they're hardly alone.

50/50 chance this was leaked in advance to kill it, but this kind of thing has Bannon's fingerprints all over it. Irony is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Bannon is retarded Rasputin.

• Locked thread