Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Well, that's... interesting...

Wifi was acting up in the house, and of course, I was in the middle of fighting the ELT boss, with Buttz' 2B, who was doing a lot of 1 Damage. I closed the app on my tablet, rebooted the router, then re-opened it on my phone. It changed my Friend Unit to Ziég.PH's Tidus. If I load the battle on my tablet, it's back to Buttz. :gumi:

On the plus side, I switched to my phone after that run, and I'm able to use Butts again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
I managed to cheese the Aigiaon fight with an old iPad 2 I had, so maybe it's triggered by old hardware or a math error? I still missed summoning Ramuh and no magic, so I'm going to try to do it again later.

I recall there being a couple of units that filled the esper bar with their specials, does anyone know if they'll work? Also does Tilith work for the no magic achievement?

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Gotta remember to make a Flowers for Aigaion reference later.

By then the treatment will wear off and you won't even understand what the reference means.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

PhantomPayne posted:

I managed to cheese the Aigiaon fight with an old iPad 2 I had, so maybe it's triggered by old hardware or a math error? I still missed summoning Ramuh and no magic, so I'm going to try to do it again later.

I recall there being a couple of units that filled the esper bar with their specials, does anyone know if they'll work? Also does Tilith work for the no magic achievement?

Tilith works fine for no magic achievements. If you have Bartz with a moogle spear and entrust or some other way to build LB automatically along with a unit like Garnet or Rydia that can raise the esper gauge with their LB you can essentially stall the fight after killing the body and right arm while the left arm just kills the same person over and over again with his instant kill.

Dragonturtle fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 14, 2017

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

For the 2B thing: I have a friend 2B that hits normal the first attack, then all 1s the second on my S7. If I keep reloading will it eventually one shot Algaion?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aren't Garnets and Rydia's skill that fills the Esper bar Limit breaks?

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Yep. The moogle spear on Bartz builds his LB which he can then entrust to one of them to use to raise the esper gauge to Ramuh.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Anyone have a 2B with less than 740 ATK? That's as high as I can get my Maxwell. Thanks in advance.

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013

PhantomPayne posted:

AFAIK, there's no abilities that fills a characters LB bar (If I am wrong someone please correct me.) however, there are abilities that transfer their LB into another party member and there are materias and equipment (Usually TMR's I think) that automatically increases the LB bar per turn.

And yes, Tilith's heals are abilities and not magic. To check whether something is an ability or magic, after choosing it, a crystal symbol means it's an ability, a circle symbol means it's magic.

StriderVM fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 14, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Are there any cool tricks to getting summon orbs? I just spent like half an hour fighting this loving robot and got one single orb before an unlucky move wiped the party except 2B who then just nuked the whole thing with one AOE attack.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Summon orbs are just a drop check on every hit against a target. If a unit's attack animation hits one time, that's one drop check. If they hit 5 times then it's 5 drop checks. So moves like barrage and devastate (Queen) are good for summon orbs because they can hit dozens of times.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

Are there any cool tricks to getting summon orbs? I just spent like half an hour fighting this loving robot and got one single orb before an unlucky move wiped the party except 2B who then just nuked the whole thing with one AOE attack.

Not that I know of, besides hitting more. More hits, more chances.

StriderVM posted:

And yes, Tilith's heals are abilities and not magic. To check whether something is an ability or magic, after choosing it, a crystal symbol means it's an ability, a circle symbol means it's magic.

You can also look on the character sheet, things under Magic are magic, and things under Special are not.

Benthalus posted:

Anyone have a 2B with less than 740 ATK? That's as high as I can get my Maxwell. Thanks in advance.

I don't have one at all, but it's kind of funny that almost everyone has roided their 2Bs out and hasn't considered us lowly cheesers. :v:

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

The arms can't give LB crystals or esper orbs I think and if you destroy the body off the bat I think that'll basically remove any way for you to build your esper gauge naturally. I spent a ton of turns trying to pull esper orbs off his left arm but they never dropped for me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Does resist factor into it at all? Because if I chain my orlandeus off of Engels I can fill up half my summon bar on average. But if I try it off of the robot trial boss I never get anything.
EDIT: I am hitting his body.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dragonturtle posted:

The arms can't give LB crystals or esper orbs I think and if you destroy the body off the bat I think that'll basically remove any way for you to build your esper gauge naturally. I spent a ton of turns trying to pull esper orbs off his left arm but they never dropped for me.

Right. If you're gonna summon Ramuh, leave all three parts alive and build your Esper gauge up so you can summon him AND use 2B's charged Spear attack, which kills all three parts and avoids any retaliation from a part dying or taking lightning damage.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

I ultimately just ended up cheesing the Ramuh achievement using a Bartz with a moogle spear which automatically grants LB crystals over time. I just had a high Atk sacrifice soak the high damage attack and raised them every turn while I waited for Bartz to fill up so I could entrust his LB bar to Garnet to use her own LB to build the esper gauge for Ramuh.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Dragonturtle posted:

I ultimately just ended up cheesing the Ramuh achievement using a Bartz with a moogle spear which automatically grants LB crystals over time. I just had a high Atk sacrifice soak the high damage attack and raised them every turn while I waited for Bartz to fill up so I could entrust his LB bar to Garnet to use her own LB to build the esper gauge for Ramuh.

Same here, eventually.

First turn I had Rydia use Eccentrick, then I had Bartz regular attack the body with dual-wielding Twin Lance and Moogle Spear, getting each of their gauges more than half filled. 2B drops body, Maxwell Sacred Song, WoL uses Light is with Us. Tilith defends. WoL dies to Right Arm barrage but everyone else lives.

Second turn Bartz Entrusts to Rydia, Rydia uses Leviathan Guard and ... not enough to fill the esper gauge. Boo. 2B kills Right Arm.

So I just had Tilith alternate Prism Heals while Maxwell kept up Sacred Song, and Bartz had his LB gauge slowly fill. Eventually he Entrusts Rydia again, she Leviathan Guards, and Tilith summons Ramuh. Then 2B bugs out the Left Arm.

Hooray for old devices and poor developer coding!

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dragonturtle posted:

I've set up my 702 ATK 2B for 100% evasion and paralysis resist for anyone that needs easy clears for the ELT trial.

This owns thanks. Any other goons got carry slots open?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in other situations having a dual wield draw attacks tank that can counter is probably the easiest way to generate orbs

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Too bad I need to swap a belt for a ribbon for the machine lifeform.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So I didn't get 2b or A2, but I did get Fryevia first day. Should I start hunting down gear and team-mates now, or am I good for a little while before the game starts hitting me in the face?

Probably still going to throw all my resources at the Nier banner because I am an idiot (but an f2p idiot, so yay!)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

am i getting absurdly unlucky rng or is anyone else noticing a huge amount of A and S ranked missions that are 1 day long in their expeditions? i dont mind getting them some times but like, i cant do these expeditions when i literally have two 1 day S missions and a 12 hour A mission out already

edit: also my success rate on 70-75% S rank missions lately has been about 33%, which is totally dope

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Freyvia is really good and you won't find a shortage of people with her as their friend unit. She can carry you hard through a lot of early content with no problem.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

am i getting absurdly unlucky rng or is anyone else noticing a huge amount of A and S ranked missions that are 1 day long in their expeditions? i dont mind getting them some times but like, i cant do these expeditions when i literally have two 1 day S missions and a 12 hour A mission out already

edit: also my success rate on 70-75% S rank missions lately has been about 33%, which is totally dope

I don't know if it's my bad RNG but I can't get anything beyond a B rank mission since the update and still fail at least once a day on 90% missions. Prior to the update, I would constantly get A and S 12h / 1d missions.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Hey so I've been away from this game for a good 4 or 5 months and just started getting back into it. Last decent unit I pulled was noctis and I have a small idea based off the wiki who's somewhat decent but I' figured I'd might be able to ask here.

I'm sitting on a dk Cecil, and Veritas of the earth, and an ace who seem to rate alright on the wiki. Is dk Cecil worth trying to awaken his abilities? I don't do a whole lot of tm grinding also.

And finally I've got 10 summon and one 4 star tickets. Would I be better off pulling on the Veritas banner or the machine people banner or just waiting for a while? Veritas of the dark looks pretty rad, not that I would actually pull him but I wasn't sure if some of the machine dudes are better. Thanks for any advice!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
When the gently caress are we getting dunes again?

I need exp for MONTHS

My "get up to speed" list keeps growing
VE
9S
Agrias #2
Bran
Rasler
Ashe #2

hagie fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 14, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you're bored you can just run a unit through the timber tracks with the anniversary ring attached and get pretty all right experience, it also takes so long its practically energy neutral. i sometimes do this while watching a movie or while stuck on the train or whatever

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I'm DYING to test drive my new Orlandeau + DV + Luneth combo but have so many levels to gain... been weeks, really.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh I figured out my problem. It's turn four, the thing the right arm does to wipe your party. Is there any way to avoid or stop it?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I use an attack break, or it's pretty devastating.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

I remember the days before I pulled Orlandu (and the Olive a few pulls before him :v:). Those were dark, dark days.

Yeah, about that...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My body is ready for my 10 Bediles + Rosa pull from the ticket...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

My body is ready for my 10 Bediles + Rosa pull from the ticket...

Has that ever happened? I got like four 21O's in one pull. So you deffo can get a ton of one unit, but is it actually possible even if not probable to get 10 bediles?

EDIT: I'm so close to getting this stupid robot summon thing done. I would have had it last time but he decided to single out Tilith and just kill her and no one else after nuking WoL who took the DPS hit for Orlandeu. I've done this exact pattern a dozen times now and this had never happened before.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 14, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Nuebot posted:

Has that ever happened? I got like four 21O's in one pull. So you deffo can get a ton of one unit, but is it actually possible even if not probable to get 10 bediles?

No reason you can't. It is extremely unlikely, but possible!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Welp, I managed to roll the 2B with 100% Dodge and uh... wow. :stare:

Solo'd ELT. I want that 100% dodge. How do I get dodge.

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I'm sitting on a dk Cecil, and Veritas of the earth, and an Ace who seem to rate alright on the wiki. Is dk Cecil worth trying to awaken his abilities? I don't do a whole lot of tm grinding also.

DK Cecil is very near the top but it will be very expensive (Due to Gil requirements for enhancements). It's made worse by expeditions. But if you do have the time and Gil to do it, then yes, he is very much worth it. You need to have a good healer for him though. Ace is also really good, when his tri beam is fully enhanced. Also in FFBE, as long as you are actively playing, you can get TMR's by just using the TM mogs on events as fast as six months, perhaps even shorter.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

And finally I've got 10 summon and one 4 star tickets. Would I be better off pulling on the Veritas banner or the machine people banner or just waiting for a while? Veritas of the dark looks pretty rad, not that I would actually pull him but I wasn't sure if some of the machine dudes are better. Thanks for any advice!

I suggest the Nier banner. I am not sure of the summon pool but at least you can get Dark Veritas units on the Nier banner but I am not sure if you can pull Nier units on the Dark Veritas banner. (Probably not as they're limited time units.) even the consolation prices would have some purposes if you are lacking in certain roles like breaker or support.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

widespread posted:

Welp, I managed to roll the 2B with 100% Dodge and uh... wow. :stare:

Solo'd ELT. I want that 100% dodge. How do I get dodge.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Dodge

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
Thanks for all of your suggestions, the glitch didn't work 100% on my old iPad, so I suppose it takes both things into account. I finally managed to beat Robodude and get all of his achievements though!

If anyone wants an 803 atk Aileen, I've got about some space! 576,935,249

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Luka, Leon, Vanille, and 8 trash blues rip. And Cyan as daily to rub salt in the wound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
10+1 ticket got me a second Rasler so that's pretty cool. Can't complain about that.

I also got a 4th Sozhe. I'm kind of tempted to grind them all and stack all 4 onto Wilhelm for a fun Attack build.

• Locked thread