Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Of course it means something. This is a bizarre and pointless thing to argue dude. You can't just arbitrarily decide that poo poo she's seen doing doesn't mean anything because it doesn't fit your lame-rear end fanfic.

e] yea way to prove my point

:confused:

This thread (maybe it was the last one) is full of people bitching about how characters act a certain way to move the story even though it stands out from the rest of their actions. All I'm doing is pointing out the inconsistency in claiming this one's any different. And that assuming Off-Screen Never Discussed Action A is completely made up while Off-Screen Never Discussed Action B must be the case. They're equally speculative.

I thought it was an interesting conversation, not an argument. I already agreed that Syrio's dead. Calm your tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'm calm dude. I'm calmer'n you are :colbert:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

BULLSHIT

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Sorry man, let's get this back on track with some help from our friends in gbs -

COMRADES posted:

And if so can he warg into an earlier version of himself but after he already gained warg powers and just repeatedly warg like 1-2 seconds back right as he is cumming?

:stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I've been running the first season in the background while unpacking and defrosting the freezer yesterday, and it looks like they put a couple of call-backs into the last episode. When Robert and Ser Barristan talk about their first kills, it was a Tarly that tried to kill Robert, "running at me thinking he could end the rebellion with the thrust of a lance". Same as Jamie trying to kill Dany, but it was a Tarly (It was Dickon, wasn't it?) that saves him.

The same conversation also has the line where Robert says that they never tell you that men poo poo themselves with they die, pretty much the same as Bronn says.

Kinda nifty.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've been running the first season in the background while unpacking and defrosting the freezer yesterday, and it looks like they put a couple of call-backs into the last episode. When Robert and Ser Barristan talk about their first kills, it was a Tarly that tried to kill Robert, "running at me thinking he could end the rebellion with the thrust of a lance". Same as Jamie trying to kill Dany, but it was a Tarly (It was Dickon, wasn't it?) that saves him.

The same conversation also has the line where Robert says that they never tell you that men poo poo themselves with they die, pretty much the same as Bronn says.

Kinda nifty.

Yeah there were a few others-some click bait Facebook thing was talking about them.

I guess littlefinger told Varys that chaos is a ladder in season 3, when they were alone, and that's what bran said to Littlefinger in this episode.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRS8a8HjqFs

I had to go back and find it after that episode. It was clearly a meaningful statement, but I didn't remember the original speech. I was too distracted by Roz being crossbowed.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Was Roz the one who came down from winterfell that theon used to bone? I get the hookers mixed up. Why do the pretty ones have to get crossbow bolts into their nethers though

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

M_Gargantua posted:

Was Roz the one who came down from winterfell that theon used to bone? I get the hookers mixed up. Why do the pretty ones have to get crossbow bolts into their nethers though

Yes she was. I believe she was a show only character but could be wrong.

Godholio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRS8a8HjqFs

I had to go back and find it after that episode. It was clearly a meaningful statement, but I didn't remember the original speech. I was too distracted by Roz being crossbowed.

Everyone was wondering why I got all excited and I had to pause and remind them that baelish said it way back when. Bran's been dropping poo poo like that on people since he got back to winterfell.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea I just rewatched that episode and his whole speech to Varys is fuckin creepy even without the Ros pincushion reveal

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
It was loving excellent and one of the better moments in the series, IMO. Especially because Littlefinger appeared to have the upper hand for once. Most of the rest of the ensemble are in it for duty, or love, or revenge. Littlefinger is in the game because he wants power for its own sake, because he is dissatisfied with his place in the natural order of things. It's a drat shame his arc is likely to be tied off quickly to make time for more White Walkers, Dragons, and Jon/Dany shipping, because Randian Ubermensch Mayor Carcetti is one of the more interesting characters.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Littlefinger owns but yeah between the rush to get this over and his story devolving into 'i want to bang the daughter of the chick i loved' we're probably going to be grateful it ends with Sansa slitting his throat or whatevs

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddGed5e9OV4

For the lazy

And of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w21GFGCc-ts

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Littlefinger owns but yeah between the rush to get this over and his story devolving into 'i want to bang the daughter of the chick i loved' we're probably going to be grateful it ends with Sansa slitting his throat or whatevs

Here's the thing though, and Littlefinger might even be fooling himself on this point, I don't think he would give a poo poo about Catlyn or Sansa Stark if they were not noblewomen.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Littlefinger and the Arryn kid need a knife in them soonish

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man how did you guys not immediately recognize the chaos is a ladder line, it was such a great way to close out whatever season that was.

I also didn't watch the first episode until a couple weeks after, but had an 'oh drat' moment when I realized why the hound was acting so weird about some dead people in a house.

The story is well out of grrm's hands at this point

Edit: but yeah, kill littlefinger and that little titty-sucking kid so the fat dude that wears a chest piece that covers his beer gut can take over or whatever

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 12, 2017

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Slim Pickens posted:

Man how did you guys not immediately recognize the chaos is a ladder line, it was such a great way to close out whatever season that was.

I also didn't watch the first episode until a couple weeks after, but had an 'oh drat' moment when I realized why the hound was acting so weird about some dead people in a house.

The story is well out of grrm's hands at this point

I remember them going into the house with the dead father and daughter, but remind me on the why he was acting so weird part of it?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When he and Arya were on their road trip, the hound stole their silver and said 'they'll be dead by winter'

Full scene if you don't remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKPEEIuU0to

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

M_Gargantua posted:

Pretty much everyone used to bone her, I assume. Tyrion as well, at the very least. I recall Theon telling Tyrion to 'ask for Ros, if you like redheads', but I'm almost certain Ros was giving Tyrion some serious head in the scene where we see him the very first time.

Also, I remember TVIV CONSTANTLY bitching about Littlefinger's actor switching accents repeatedly, but I've honestly never noticed. If anything at all, I'd notice that he's emphasizing whatever accent he has in some episode, or when he goes heavy on the gravitas, like in that 'Chaos is a ladder' speech.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I decided to rewatch all the Tywin & Arya scenes from season 2. It was great seeing Littlefinger start his "Chaos is a ladder" thing and have Tywin just shut him down by asking "do you really think you're the first person to think of that?" I miss Tywin.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Duzzy Funlop posted:

When Robert and Ser Barristan talk about their first kills, it was a Tarly that tried to kill Robert, "running at me thinking he could end the rebellion with the thrust of a lance". Same as Jamie trying to kill Dany

That's probably my favorite scene in the whole show; I think I've even watched it since last episode, and I didn't catch that. Awesome.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Slim Pickens posted:

Man how did you guys not immediately recognize the chaos is a ladder line,

had an 'oh drat' moment when I realized why the hound was acting so weird about some dead people in a house.

How did you not immediately recognize the spot, or correlate father/daughter corpse

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
And in 30 Seconds of teleportation Gendry is north of the wall.

Can't wait till he meets Arya.

thought you were still rowing

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Oh look, Jon Snow is the rightful ruler of Westeros.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo was good. Loved Dannys theme playing as she landed.

I also love the costume work in putting together her royal "uniform" for this season. It's such a drastic difference from her original outfits.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I like Gilly.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Jon and the Arctic A-Team rule.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Littlefinger put xp in Perception between seasons 6 and 7.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I hope before the show is over we get a meeting between Ser Davos and Ser Bronn.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Flikken posted:

Yeah.

Luckily Sam dueced out before actual facts got uncovered that would mess up plotlines.

Also Sophie Turner looks great but god drat Sansa needs to stay on the 'getting it together' wagon of the rest of the starks.

Hopefully Arya is going to come to her with little fingers games and she's going to have him beheaded for being a snake

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah.

Luckily Sam dueced out before actual facts got uncovered that would mess up plotlines.

Also Sophie Turner looks great but god drat Sansa needs to stay on the 'getting it together' wagon of the rest of the starks.

Hopefully Arya is going to come to her with little fingers games and she's going to have him beheaded for being a snake

Yeah but Sam doesn't know that Jon is the son of Leanna.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Flikken posted:

If he's Rheagars son then Daenerys is still his aunt and depending on how succession is determined able to lay a claim?

Doh this show made me forget that Queens are a brand new thing

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Jon and Daenerys will hook up the unify the throne

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm not sure how but I'm actually rooting for Cersei and Jaime to survive all of this. And they were cute together when Cersei said she was pregnant.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

If he's Rheagars son then Daenerys is still his aunt and depending on how succession is determined able to lay a claim?

Doh this show made me forget that Queens are a brand new thing

Well it usually goes to the first born.

Jon is the first born of Rhaegar from a legitimate marriage with a noble house which certainly makes his claim more than Daenerys.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

TCD posted:

Well it usually goes to the first born.

Jon is the first born of Rhaegar from a legitimate marriage with a noble house which certainly makes his claim more than Daenerys.

Rheagar and Lyanna weren't married though. He is a bastard through and through, just a royal one

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Rheagar and Lyanna weren't married though. He is a bastard through and through, just a royal one

You should rewatch tonight's episode

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The notes Gilly found state that Rhaegar's previous marriage was annulled and a secret wedding ceremony was carried out. So he's legitimately a Targ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
oh well gently caress i havent watched tonights so lol

• Locked thread