Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

okada will defend against evil probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Taichi is everything I expected Japanese wrestling to be before I started watching it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How many times will Okada and Naito defend their poo poo before the Dome? Once at Destruction and once at KoPW?

MJeff fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 14, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I figure we'll get Okada/EVIL for sure, wouldn't surprise me if we also get Okada/SANADA with the idea that Naito is getting LIJ to soften up Okada, which he didn't have the last time they met at Wrassle Kingdome for the belt.

Naito lost to Ishii and Fale so you've got those two matches for the case.

Kenny lost to Juice/BIG MIKE so there's two natural defenses for the US title. He could also defend against Jay Lethal at ROH as well.

Tana needs to drop the IC belt to ZSJ and then get his arm repaired. He should have one more match in 2017.

MiSu lost to BIG MIKE/Kenny/EVIL/YTR and drew with Okada. Assuming Okada and Kenny are busy, you could have the other three challenge for the NEVER. Let YTR have the first crack at Misu ('s nuts) while EVIL and BIG MIKE get their respective shots potentially. A NEVER reign would be a good reward for EVIL's strong G1 showing imo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Tana dropping to ZSJ and then Zack defending against Ishii sounds good. Zack and Ishii are 1-1 this year, so a rubber match for a title seems like a solid bet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Tana dropping to ZSJ and then Zack defending against Ishii sounds good. Zack and Ishii are 1-1 this year, so a rubber match for a title seems like a solid bet.

Tanahashi didn't forego surgery to not go into the Dome as champion.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Tanahashi didn't forego surgery to not go into the Dome as champion.

he ain't dropping to zsj but i could see him dropping it to ibushi to lead to an ibushi/omega semi-main

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That tag match definitely gave me the feeling that Suzuki vs. Big Mike is happening.

Also they basically outright said Tanahashi's dropping to ZSJ on commentary which makes me think Tanahashi's probably not dropping to ZSJ.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Today was an important lesson. I'm still on vacation and after driving for a few hours and playing local tour guide I finally had time to myself so I jumped ahead to watch the finals. 45 minutes left on the video, that should work.

...I jumped right into the victory speech... :smith:

(yay :daryl:)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/896974114639851521

:stonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am really, really looking forward to Okada vs EVIL

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that tweet confirms everything is evil

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Welcome to Darkness World.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/strigga/status/896993012424867841

Yes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm in London for work all week, flying home on Friday and it turns out Naito and LIJ are working an ROH show on Friday night 😭😭😭

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

This is upsetting

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

they call him mr wonderfulllllllll

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Good thing Okada is the true ace now because this poo poo is unacceptable.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

All the positive feelings I got from NJPW this weekend, Shibata... Daryl... Iizuka... all erased by a snip of Tanahashi's barber's scissors.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
How could Tanahashi ruin the greatest G1 ever like this

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What's this!?

https://youtu.be/8dCNzgM8F3Q

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Probably Jay White

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Twitters sleuthers found that the text is from a book entitled American Star so it is clearly CM Punk.

For real though, even though the title wouldn't match, I hope it is Jay White. He's been on excursion for awhile and he's ready. He also looks like a serial killer right now.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I'm ill

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

triplexpac posted:

How could Tanahashi ruin the greatest G1 ever like this

they're filming a movie on the 45 years of NJPW and (based on that haircut and the casting of Okada, Makabe and Taguchi along with Tanahashi) that they might get some of the current wrestlers to play some of the older guys, and in the '70s they weren't exactly going with super long not-black hair like that. the Twitter link goes to details on signing up to be an extra for some shooting too.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

and even worse the world was deprived of Tana vs Naito cabellera contra cabellera.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Twitters sleuthers found that the text is from a book entitled American Star so it is clearly CM Punk.

For real though, even though the title wouldn't match, I hope it is Jay White. He's been on excursion for awhile and he's ready. He also looks like a serial killer right now.

WORLD FAMOUS AMERICAN STAR YOSHITATSU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

「生きています。

以上!」

loving CHILLS

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So this is how Tana's heel turn starts

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ishii is like a big angry Mr Potato Head that does clotheslines and brainbusters. He's the best.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tana just confirmed that it was for the movie shoot:

https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/897102096696131589

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

#movie

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it looks dumb now but I am willing to reserve judgement until we see how well it flows during a match. tahnks

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I've never watched a match and thought "man, this guy could work so much better if he had a different haircut" so I don't really give a poo poo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

I've never watched a match and thought "man, this guy could work so much better if he had a different haircut" so I don't really give a poo poo

some of us grew attached to the gay space pirate look.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I never watched a match and though "man, this guy could work so much better if had a stuffed cat" either and that didn't stop me from crying myself to sleep when Daryl was callously murdered and it won't stop me from crying myself to sleep now that Tanahashi's flowing locks have been murdered either.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Tanahashi's haircut could be worse...

https://twitter.com/Lord_Mo/status/896990787795390464

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Gotta watch some lucha kid.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i hope he is going undercover as, "man getting surgery to fix his arm"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i hope he is going undercover as, "man getting surgery to fix his arm"

I think he's the serial masturbator protagonist for some anime adaption. Cowboy Beatoff or something.

• Locked thread