Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Is he standing in the center of the most subtle swastika or am I going mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

that red herring slinging bougie fucker

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent
Yeah I don't think you get to play that card if your parents bought you a lovingwhy am I getting so wrapped up in this loving webcomic?!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

frankenfreak posted:

Anyone up for a "Fire and Furious" joke? Or is it "too soon" still?

i'd prefer a 'fired and furious' joke that addressed all of the identified nazis who have lost their jobs over the last day or two

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Let's appreciate Molly now, because it's only a matter of time before Tinsley has her pwning liberals.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Um. What?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Non-lovely Tinsley AND Prickly City on the same day? Truly the stars have aligned.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I only know about Dr Who through friends but from what I have heard it sounds like he could definitely be reborn as a banana if he wanted to.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

tyblazitar posted:

Non-lovely Tinsley AND Prickly City on the same day? Truly the stars have aligned.

One more not-terrible-take from the usual constellation of bad-take-havers and Cthulhu awakes.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pembroke Fuse posted:

One more not-terrible-take from the usual constellation of bad-take-havers and Cthulhu awakes.

I'm trying to imagine Branco having a take that's anything but horrible and I can't do it. Dude can't even do platitudes without being repugnant.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Pope on :australia::

Dual citizenship chaos continues: National leader and Deputy Prime Minster Barnaby Joyce made international headlines with respect to Johnny Depp's dogs. Today Joyce was just revealed to have New Zealand citizenship through his father and will be heading to the court to see if according to the constitution he was ineligible to be elected, which could put the government's one seat majority at risk.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Trapezium Dave posted:

David Pope on :australia::

Dual citizenship chaos continues: National leader and Deputy Prime Minster Barnaby Joyce made international headlines with respect to Johnny Depp's dogs. Today Joyce was just revealed to have New Zealand citizenship through his father and will be heading to the court to see if according to the constitution he was ineligible to be elected, which could put the government's one seat majority at risk.
It's weird; something just happened with a Taiwanese born Japanese politician a few weeks ago. Is that way of attacking political rivals in style right now?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jay Rust posted:

Um. What?

I think he thinks he's as popular as Doctor Who.

Also, I still don't know why the 13th doctor being a woman is still an issue. You've had 20 years, how are you still not over it?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 14, 2017

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's weird; something just happened with a Taiwanese born Japanese politician a few weeks ago. Is that way of attacking political rivals in style right now?
In Australia it started with the Greens while they were in the middle of an internal party factional fight, however that involved senators who due to how they are elected will be replaced by other Greens. After they resigned and everyone had said their piece on how careless they were, the digging into everyone else quickly commenced as the rule is really easy to trip up on in a country where half of us have at least one parent born overseas.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

There is an actual new strip today, with a more political (if pretty banal) slant:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Kopijeger posted:

There is an actual new strip today, with a more political (if pretty banal) slant:

Oh, Alhazred is posting the back catalogue of Zelda?

Also, where is Zelda in the new strip?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

toanoradian posted:

Oh, Alhazred is posting the back catalogue of Zelda?

Also, where is Zelda in the new strip?

It's been on hiatus for a few weeks due to the artist being on holiday. Zelda is presumably still in New York with Nova, this strip features Tove (Zelda's friend, the redhead on the right in the second panel) and her lover Kim (the one who speaks up) at a dinner party in their hometown.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Trapezium Dave posted:

In Australia it started with the Greens while they were in the middle of an internal party factional fight, however that involved senators who due to how they are elected will be replaced by other Greens. After they resigned and everyone had said their piece on how careless they were, the digging into everyone else quickly commenced as the rule is really easy to trip up on in a country where half of us have at least one parent born overseas.

Cue 'but our circumstances are very different!' from the people who were originally tut-tutting the Greens (hint: they aren't any different). The only party that hasn't had any issues so far is the largest opposition party, who include an exhaustive citizenship investigation (up to grandparents) as part of their nomination process.

Ironically, most of the public probably doesn't care that much if you're a dual citizen anyway. It's all legal holdovers from the British Empire and 'being beholden to a foreign sovereign' and all that.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Trapezium Dave posted:

Barnaby Joyce made international headlines with respect to Johnny Depp's dogs

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Kopijeger posted:

Why's she eating the speech bubble?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think she only said the second thing.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love Zelda so much, wanna pinch her cheeeks.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Close-ish to a cartoon. At least as close as that sideways confederate thing.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cpt.Americant posted:

Took me a second to get this.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Cpt.Americant posted:

fucker

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Cpt.Americant posted:

I wonder if the next US president, Mike Pence, will use stricter and harsher language towards the white supremacists.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Kopijeger posted:

One of the best Zeldas so far.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ziv Zulander posted:

Why's she eating the speech bubble?

More like regurgitating I guess. I guess the author tried an effect to show that this statement was totally insincere.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

one guy at the dinner is wearing a hair shirt and the other is dressed like he is going to sell me one weird trick to lower my electricity bill

think there's more wrong than the conversation

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Cpt.Americant posted:

I spent enough time on early minecraft servers back when there was a public list that it took me a long time to see that as anything but yet another messed-up swastika. Used to make fun of how bad they were before taking 'em down.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Cpt.Americant posted:

I dig it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Cpt.Americant posted:

I don't get it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cpt.Americant posted:

I just realized this was not a Sammy Hagar cartoon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Prism posted:

I don't get it.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Cpt.Americant posted:

Loss edits are getting abstract.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Coucho Marx posted:

Cue 'but our circumstances are very different!' from the people who were originally tut-tutting the Greens (hint: they aren't any different). The only party that hasn't had any issues so far is the largest opposition party, who include an exhaustive citizenship investigation (up to grandparents) as part of their nomination process.

Ironically, most of the public probably doesn't care that much if you're a dual citizen anyway. It's all legal holdovers from the British Empire and 'being beholden to a foreign sovereign' and all that.

Also pretty funny because most of the dual citizenships seem to come from other Commonwealth countries and there's a long history of ignoring Anglo immigration while freaking out about brown people.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Um. What?

Characters in a fictional story can be anything and it doesn't matter! Of course they have pretty much always been men, so y'know maybe it's not exactly that but whatever.

On first blush it looks like it's maybe a good cartoon but "dementedly instantly offended" doesn't sound like Stantis's description of anyone on the right. Maybe he's come around a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Oh that makes more sense, lol. I was overanalyzing it and was like 'is that a weird fish thing made out of a swastika?'

• Locked thread