Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic went on to win 2 trophies with Manchester United after developing his game at PSG. Learn your history, son.

:negative: I'll never recover from this, he would have never led MU to their historic treble otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Hegay posted:

Seri has a release clause of €40m according to Nice president

Maybe he should be a bit more ruthless, he would get more money that way

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jason Sextro posted:

:negative: I'll never recover from this, he would have never led MU to their historic treble otherwise.

Zlatan and DeGea were pretty much the only reason Utd were not floating mid table last season.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

vyelkin posted:

gently caress PSG and gently caress Qatar

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

vyelkin posted:

gently caress PSG and gently caress Qatar

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Zlatan and DeGea were pretty much the only reason Utd were not floating mid table last season.

loving lol at bringing up DDG as a reason, he had almost nothing to do all season.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/897053752821252097

it really happened.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke are bringing in Jese Rodriguez on a season long loan. I remember him being a big deal for like a day, is he still any good?

Joselu also looks like he's finally on his way to Newcastle for £5m. I don't know why we're selling him when he's easily better than loving Berahino, at least he's scored for the club.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Meat Wagon posted:

Stoke are bringing in Jese Rodriguez on a season long loan. I remember him being a big deal for like a day, is he still any good?

Joselu also looks like he's finally on his way to Newcastle for £5m. I don't know why we're selling him when he's easily better than loving Berahino, at least he's scored for the club.

He blew up his knee a few years ago and never regained the form he had.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

PirateBob posted:

loving lol at bringing up DDG as a reason, he had almost nothing to do all season.

Ok fine.

Zlatan was the only reason you guys were not floating mid table.

Happy now?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

I believe Barto is a secret agent sent from Madrid to sabotage them

That or the board really is this incompetent

Who knows

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

A close second in dodgy-ness to the Bebe transfer.

lmao

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Meat Wagon posted:

He's apparently in Newcastle now.

Lejeune has hosed his ankle ligaments according to twitter, out for a month or two

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Liverpool seem to be linked with Jean Seri now:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/14/liverpool-jean-seri-nice-midfielder

He has chilblains, though, which makes it sound like English weather might be really bad for him.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

He's apparently in Newcastle now.

Lejeune has hosed his ankle ligaments according to twitter, out for a month or two

at least Dummett is only supposed to be out for a couple weeks

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

CyberPingu posted:

Ok fine.

Happy now?
Team in not getting as many points without their top scorer shocker

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Ok fine.

Happy now?

:doh:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Brony Car posted:

Liverpool seem to be linked with Jean Seri now:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/14/liverpool-jean-seri-nice-midfielder

He has chilblains, though, which makes it sound like English weather might be really bad for him.
Sounds like he needs to grow a pair IMO!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is joselu any good? i mean stoke are selling him so that makes me think he's poo poo

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

kcer posted:

That was from Kane's scissor tackle yeah? Wonder if they'll take any retrospective action.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Jose posted:

is joselu any good? i mean stoke are selling him so that makes me think he's poo poo

Can't really give you much of an idea seeing as though he hasn't really been given the chance at Stoke. There were some stats when he signed here that he won the most aerial duels in the german league but he was a bit too lightweight to be the big bruiser targetman in england, at least from what I've seen. He does get in good positions though and he can score so I don't think it'll be a disastrous signing for newcastle, especially at £5m. I like his waving cat goal celebration.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
In other transfer news, a load of Chinese (possibly fictitious) money (if AC Milan is any example) is about to get transferred to Southampton.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/14/southampton-sell-80-stake-to-chinese-businessman-gao-jisheng

quote:

Southampton have confirmed that the Chinese businessman Gao Jisheng has completed a multimillion takeover of the club, acquiring a 80% stake for around £210m after successfully passing the relevant checks, including the Premier League’s Owners and Directors test.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Southampton seems to cost less than a Neymar. Amazing times.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Southampton seems to cost less than a Neymar. Amazing times.

Marseille cost less than Neymar, a team with an actual Champions League title, something PSG is burning mounds of Qatari dinars to get

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

Marseille cost less than Neymar, a team with an actual Champions League title, something PSG is burning mounds of Qatari dinars to get

I hope they never get one, OP.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Looks like Bacca is off to Villarreal, loan with obligation to buy for 20 million.

Bacca was frustrating at times but when he was on he was on. Good lad in a poo poo time for the team, hope he does well.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Lol the Premier league owners test, the Oh so stringent exam that declared Milan Mandaric totally not a big shady bastard and fit to own Portsmouth

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Raffles posted:

That was from Kane's scissor tackle yeah? Wonder if they'll take any retrospective action.

yeah, plenty of the old "if mitro/shelvey had done that.." stuff doing the rounds

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
but shelvey wouldn't have done that.

he'd have stamped on his ankle like a fucker.

mbappe sold yet?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
e nm

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I hope they never get one, OP.

:same:

luckily they seem to be following the trajectory of Galactico-era Real Madrid, and not present-day Real Madrid

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jason Sextro posted:

:same:

luckily they seem to be following the trajectory of Galactico-era Real Madrid, and not present-day Real Madrid

Eh, the galacticos were stacked at pretty much every position and i think that they will have to spend this kind of money every transfer window to get to that stage

letting Barca put 6 past you in the space of 30 mins is not going to be helped by buying Neymar

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
PSG will dominate championship-level competition every week in L1, then deploy 8 attacking players and a couple of mediocre center backs in a CL match and lose to shakhtar or something

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jason Sextro posted:

Aston Villa also has an actual Champions League title and was sold last year for barely more than a Kyle Walker.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

bewbies posted:

PSG will dominate championship-level competition every week in L1, then deploy 8 attacking players and a couple of mediocre center backs in a CL match and lose to shakhtar or something

This is exactly what will happen tbh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I hope PSG barely scrape out of their CL group and then Barcelona hammer them in the Round of 16 and Suarez and Messi do a brohug and Neymar pouts and in the background Qatar slowly sinks into the ocean but all the slaves escape in lifeboats

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I hope PSG absolutely batter Barcelona, and Real Madrid, and United/City/Chelsea, to show them the horrors of what they more than anyone have created.

Like the monster murdering Dr. Frankenstein

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

This is exactly what will happen tbh

I can't wait, OP

PSG's frenzied desperation to buy a CL title is getting funnier and funnier to watch

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I hope next Qatar try just buying every other football club in the world and forcing them to play bad players so PSG can win a Champions League

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I hope another Bush becomes President in 2020, America invades Qatar with help from Saudi Arabia and Qatar's financial clout collapses. PSG get relegated from every league forever and the best offer Neymar gets when hes released (he'll be fat, trust me) is for Stoke and he scores exactly three Premier League goals in the two years he spends there before going back home to Brazil to star in a "Man VS Food" style reality TV show with the One True Ronaldo and Ronaldinho. They'll still clown the poo poo out of England at Soccer Aid though.

• Locked thread