Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kinda worried about what today will bring from the trump admin.

https://twitter.com/umbyrella/status/896890639383744518

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

LOL so what?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Radish posted:

Yup. Idiots think that they can use the "HE WAS COMIN' AT ME!!" stand your ground as This One Weird Trick to Get Away With Premeditated Murder. It's really cops that get off on that for a bunch of different reasons. Regular idiot racists that see cops get away with murder and think the rules apply to them as well are often severely disappointed when the law comes down on them. I HIGHLY doubt a prosecutor is going to go to bat for this guy in such a nationally high profile case.

The whole thing is that he drove 500 feet, accelerating. If anyone was throwing anything at him it was probably to keep him from stopping.

Edit: haha I looked at the video, it was someone throwing something at him moments before he impacted the crowd. He was well on his way to commit vehicular manslaughter at that point. Figures it would be Russia Today that would highlight that.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

Like I said, his rear end is grass when it comes to jail time.

It's more about public opinion and how this moment will be remembered. I'm just saying, I'm convinced that in a year or two the standard line will be "the mean antifa protestors attacked him (in a vehicle, natch) and so he was justified, also they were blocking the road and thus forfeited all human rights. :smug:"

I think your average conservative voter is going to just pretend that guy never existed or "was a crazy lone nut that doesn't represent anyone in the GOP [don't look at the pictures where he's with the rest of the protesters]" especially if he goes to jail for a long time. There's not a lot to be gained by tying yourself to a guy that couldn't hack it in bootcamp and got his rear end arrested so it will just be the same guys that post macros about running people down with cars or tried to dox that kid in Michigan that will hold him up as some sort of victim.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 14, 2017

az
Dec 2, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I believe there should have been nothing even resembling a preliminary investigation because that ancient law against lèse-majesté should never have existed in the first place.

That problem lies with $104a which allows foreign nations to formally request a legal inquiry into things if the German state is not seeking charges itself, but is usually not used for petty bullshit such as in this case. They had to honor it, which meant wasting everyone's time with a fruitless legal challenge for a few weeks before it was inevitable squashed.

edit: To clarify, no German DA was even trying to go after him for insulting a foreign leader, which is why Turkey had to try and backdoor it.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Chilichimp posted:

LOL so what?

Indeed. One of my fellow countrymen received 7 and a half for accidentally running over some woman's toe after being punched in the face.
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/sqogh/norwegian_student_sentenced_to_75_years_in_prison/

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Kinda worried about what today will bring from the trump admin.

https://twitter.com/umbyrella/status/896890639383744518

Yeah this is such a joke.

All the uparmored militia or whatever were running as fast as they could from unarmed crowds just chanting and hold iphones.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I sincerely thank you for the information, and I will rephrase my position accordingly:

I believe there should have been nothing even resembling a preliminary investigation because that ancient law against lèse-majesté should never have existed in the first place.

Regicide is a moral good.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I get the feeling centrists and liberals think 'The cops and right wingers are scary with all their guns, but at least they'll protect us from the Bad Guys' but no, they'll take the first drat opportunity to join the Bad Guys who offer them more power.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

thats debatable.

No actually it's not. Speech directly inciting of violence is not protected.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

mcmagic posted:

There are no more "centrists" outside of the Morning Joe green room. That doesn't describe any real voters.

mcmagic makes an excellent point here. i was centrist as all get out last year but now given the poo poo that happened, gently caress that, i'm in the united front now, my own policy preferences take a backseat to preserving the Republic.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Did Daily Stormer actually get hacked or was that some fake poo poo?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Guys, I just want to say:

See a Nazi?
Punch a Nazi.

Every single time. Don't forget!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

E2M2 posted:

Did Daily Stormer actually get hacked or was that some fake poo poo?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Anonymous has taken control of Daily Storm

https://www.dailystormer.com

If they have control of the site, maybe they should take down some of the other loving articles, goddamn.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
The quip about Lagos and defender of Jewish people is making me feel like it is fake

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Ducked my head into the Genchat Trump thread. Where did all of these racists become goons?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

If they have control of the site, maybe they should take down some of the other loving articles, goddamn.

According to the comments on the article it might be a troll?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gohmak posted:

Ducked my head into the Genchat Trump thread. Where did all of these racists become goons?

GBS is where we silo off all the losers.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ratbert90 posted:

Guys, I just want to say:

See a Nazi?
Punch a Nazi.

Every single time. Don't forget!

"so you're saying it's okay to punch people with different opinions from yours?"

"NO I'M SAYING IT'S OKAY TO PUNCH NAZIS."

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Data Graham posted:

"so you're saying it's okay to punch people with different opinions from yours?"

"NO I'M SAYING IT'S OKAY TO PUNCH NAZIS."

Specifically Nazis.
There should be a new Amendment: NO NAZIS.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

gohmak posted:

Are you loving kidding me ahhhhbb

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fulchrum posted:

Even post-GoDaddy, gently caress if I'm going to follow that link.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Tarantula posted:

Last week tonight on charlottesville.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0036HGqGa0

drat, taken down. Was it longer than 5:00? That's the longest reupload I can find, but it seems to be cut off. There are others with random previous Trump segments pinned on the end, so I've stopped checking the 30 minute ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxQbhbJO9A

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lmao also which one of y'all just called into the breakfast club to condemn "cracker rear end crackers" on behalf of the white community

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

axeil posted:

mcmagic makes an excellent point here. i was centrist as all get out last year but now given the poo poo that happened, gently caress that, i'm in the united front now, my own policy preferences take a backseat to preserving the Republic.

Are you ready to start working together with the leftists, then, or are you expecting them to 'unite' behind your politician of choice?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Gamergate is going to be in history books as the first time the alt-right stepped into public view lol.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Deadulus posted:

Gamergate is going to be in history books as the first time the alt-right stepped into public view lol.

History is written by the winners.

There will be college courses in Ethics in Game Journalism when Trumpbros rule the land.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Krispy Kareem posted:

History is written by the winners.

There will be college courses in Ethics in Game Journalism when Trumpbros rule the land.

Lesson 1:
Don't give out good reviews unless payed off by the developer somehow.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Deadulus posted:

They keep talking about ethics in Naziism but they're professionalism and execution is quite poor. They don't wear any Hugo Boss. It's all t shirts and polos. Very poor adherence to the source material.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Radish posted:

Yup. Idiots think that they can use the "HE WAS COMIN' AT ME!!" stand your ground as This One Weird Trick to Get Away With Premeditated Murder.

There is one weird trick to it. It's just that it doesn't work when the victim is white. I dunno why they Don't get that.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

BrianBoitano posted:

drat, taken down. Was it longer than 5:00? That's the longest reupload I can find, but it seems to be cut off. There are others with random previous Trump segments pinned on the end, so I've stopped checking the 30 minute ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxQbhbJO9A

Yea that was about it, the rest was North Korea stuff.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

I would like to say that the first place I saw this video this morning, before here, was my dad's Facebook. He's always been an "independent" but has gone full "gently caress the GOP" since Trump got elected. I'm quite proud.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Lote posted:

They keep talking about ethics in Naziism but they're professionalism and execution is quite poor. They don't wear any Hugo Boss. It's all t shirts and polos. Very poor adherence to the source material.

I get it's a nascent movement and probably doesn't have much of a budget, but neither were the early Nazi's and I don't think they walked around with plywood shields and batter's helmets. You gotta look the part people! it's not just a hair cut and ill fitting polo shirt.

I'll admit some of Boil & Soil pictures looked pretty dramatic. Right up to the tiki torches.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

axeil posted:

I'm liberal-centrist as all hell, but I firmly believe that if you see someone chanting Nazi slogans, you need to chuck a rock at that guy's head

Admittedly, that made things awkward when I went to see The Producers

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/897079051277537280

Sometimes it's terrifying and sometimes it's lmao

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Add the Merck CEO to things Trump has condemned more harshly than nazis:

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/897079368115044353

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Mustached Demon posted:

Freedom of speech does not include incitement of violence.

The incitement must be imminent, effective, and intended (e: these words all have specific legal meanings that often differ from common usage). This is a difficult standard to reach, and is nearly impossible to be reached preemptively.

We can discuss whether or not heavily armed cosplayers advocating genocide should have their rights to speech and assembly protected, but ought to be cleae the courts have been very explicit that those rights are protected.

Inescapable Duck posted:

I get the feeling people I disagree with think the dumbest possible poo poo
Inescapable Duck, a broken record of fantastic insight!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

At least this will lead to a bunch of awkward conversations about George W Bush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Here's what made Trump so mad

https://twitter.com/merck/status/897065338566791169

• Locked thread