Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Crown melting my drat skin off with a wall of sound

SCV

Blue Devils

and the view from my seat

Wait, trombones in drum corps????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

The Electronaut posted:

Wait, trombones in drum corps????

Started in 2014. Mostly used sparingly though this year some corps marched them full time (but still more baris/euphs).

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Crown melting my drat skin off with a wall of sound

SCV

Blue Devils

and the view from my seat

Those are uhh, quite the outfits they're wearing

Is it standard practice to make sure your dong is visible to everyone?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Sappo569 posted:

Is it standard practice to make sure your dong is visible to everyone?

Genital outlines: not just for guard anymore...

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Picked up a new bag for my laptop and notebooks

Yet another book to improve my cooking

Aaaaand a just for fun book

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

khysanth posted:

This is my kind of post.

Did you look at other water filtration systems? I'm trying to decide between the BeFree and the Sawyer Squeeze...

Check out the new MSR Trailshot! I've put a week or two on mine so far and am loving it. A lot less fiddly than the Squeeze, and not much more weight, and I really like not having to try to fill a bottle/bladder just to start filtering.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Picked up a new bag for my laptop and notebooks

Link please!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

null_pointer posted:

Link please!

https://www.amazon.com/Lifewit-Messenger-Vintage-Military-Shoulder/dp/B01N64WX9C

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

1. That's much cheaper than I expected

2. Having to use the buckles to close the bag seems like it'd get annoying really quick

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
. pfft.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Josh Lyman posted:

2. Having to use the buckles to close the bag seems like it'd get annoying really quick

It looks like they have snaps, with the buckles for extra security.

Nope, totally wrong. That does look like it would get annoying.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

Check out the new MSR Trailshot! I've put a week or two on mine so far and am loving it. A lot less fiddly than the Squeeze, and not much more weight, and I really like not having to try to fill a bottle/bladder just to start filtering.

The trailshot is great but you have to really keep the filter super clean to keep the flow rate decent.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

null_pointer posted:

It looks like they have snaps, with the buckles for extra security.

Nope, totally wrong. That does look like it would get annoying.

Luckily I don't open my bag too often, the laptop is either being transported for a long time, or I have it out for long periods. So I don't mind the buckles.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I bought a sofa for my apartment that I'm finally starting to furnish proper. Next up are some side tables and curtains.

Knoll Salsa Settee for those interested

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got a "Louis Vuitton" for $4 at a yard sale. Perfect size for my iPad, and I needed a good plane bag.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

I got a "Louis Vuitton" for $4 at a yard sale. Perfect size for my iPad, and I needed a good plane bag.

But then you're wasting your personal bag on something tiny.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

SpartanIV posted:

I bought a sofa for my apartment that I'm finally starting to furnish proper. Next up are some side tables and curtains.

I respect the 'expensive doctor's waiting room' aesthetic you've got going on but how can you chill out with a sofa like that? Sofa's should be big enough that you can lie down or slouch on them and get comfortable when you're deep into a Netflix binge. That thing looks like what you sit on when you're awkwardly waiting for your prom date to come downstairs while her parents make small talk with you.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

cyberia posted:

I respect the 'expensive doctor's waiting room' aesthetic you've got going on but how can you chill out with a sofa like that? Sofa's should be big enough that you can lie down or slouch on them and get comfortable when you're deep into a Netflix binge. That thing looks like what you sit on when you're awkwardly waiting for your prom date to come downstairs while her parents make small talk with you.

To his credit, it does look like a great place to read the march issue of time magazine.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Hangin' with my bros. Practicing ~CORRECT SITTING POSTURE~

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That sofa looks comfy.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

The Ferret King posted:

Hangin' with my bros. Practicing ~CORRECT SITTING POSTURE~

Please sign in, Dave will be with you shortly.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I'd invite you over to try it out but I don't accept Medicare.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Really though. I'm sure it's a lovely couch. I haven't been brave enough to buy furniture new since my first couch that I hated.

At least if my stained $100 Craigslist special sucks, I'm not out a bunch of money

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Mine is used too. That couch would be like $5500 new but this one needs a little upholstery tlc so I got a steal on it. Turns out doctors, lawyers, and other people who want a designer couch want something perfect :shrug:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Josh Lyman posted:

But then you're wasting your personal bag on something tiny.

Yeah but it's fuckin baller

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Dell U2717D

Kinesis Freestyle 2 20" https://www.kinesis-ergo.com/shop/freestyle2-for-pc-us/

(Well, I filled out a ticket and had work buy them for me.)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Exciting.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Space bucket setup?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Megabound posted:

Space bucket setup?

Had to look it up, no. Probably going to make an ebb and flow hydroponic setup with them, for mustard greens maybe a tomato plant.

quote:

What to do about smelly plants?[edit]
To control odors from your plants, you will need powerful ventilation and some type of carbon filter solution. If you want to get rid of mostly all the smell, you should look into inline fans and filters, which can be connected with ducting to one or more buckets. Another option is ONA gel, as SAG says: "ONA does wonders particularly during a harvest where a simple charcoal filter may not cut it". You have to put the gel outside of the bucket, near the exhaust fan.

Gee I wonder what smelly plant people would be growing.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 02:08 on Aug 17, 2017

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

SpartanIV posted:

Username/post combo

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

Gee I wonder what smelly plant people would be growing.

I thought the name Space Bucket would be a fairly immediate clue to its contents.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Megabound posted:

I thought the name Space Bucket would be a fairly immediate clue to its contents.

It's not like I was surprised.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I can't figure out a non poo poo way to post an image from my phone but I bought a Dyson DC61 to hopefully get some off the dog hair off my couch and out of our cars. I don't understand why our dog produces all this hair just to leave it lying around.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

evobatman posted:

My thrifting today netted me this lot for $10:

You didn't have these already? Man, you are LATE to the party!

I remember back in 1996, I was chatting with a dude on a BBS. He was listening to Nevermind. I told him there's a secret track after the last one. He was like, "Bullshit!". I said, "Just let it play after the song ends". 11 minutes later, "HOLY poo poo!!!"

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Pillbug
I don't really care about the music as much as I care about the equipment I go through, but it was a decent find at that price.

Picked this up today used for the equivalent of $100:

...so that I could play this, which I just bought this digitally, because physical copies are still expensive and hard to find:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Get Smash too, then you'll have some of the best 4 games in the past decade.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What does "the equivalent of $100" mean?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Two blowjobs.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Pillbug

RCarr posted:

What does "the equivalent of $100" mean?

1000 NOK

So really more like $125.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

Bottom Liner posted:

Two blowjobs.

Link?