Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ineffiable posted:

Rip your next 100+ hours of free time.

I still have to finish

- Horizon
- Witness
- FFXV

and make various runs in bloodsouls games. Also sonic mania. god drat, when did vidja become a loving career?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I still have to finish

- Horizon
- Witness
- FFXV

and make various runs in bloodsouls games. Also sonic mania. god drat, when did vidja become a loving career?

FFXV is still in early access so you can leave it for later

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Andrast posted:

FFXV is still in early access so you can leave it for later

Dude I've already DLed like 40 gigs of extra poo poo I NEED TO FINISH AND CLEAN THE SLATE

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

The performance ranges from okay to lol so so the only advantage it might have over the PC version you already have is that it includes the DLC.

The performance is fine except when you go fast through a loading map transition but whatever. Its a good port imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Best friend got me a copy of Persona 5 for b-day. Motherfuckin champ right there.

:hfive: when you gonna start it? I've also gotten it recently for a friend but I wanna finish Horizon first.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:hfive: when you gonna start it? I've also gotten it recently for a friend but I wanna finish Horizon first.

Honestly? Probably next month. Social life is a bit busy at the moment and I don't want to start it and lose my way if I have to put it down.

Waifus gotta wait. But I am genuinely excited.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I finished P5 in 5 days after 90 hours of play. I started NG+ right after and am slowly chipping away at that.

It's a good game and you have a good friend.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
started playing farcry 4. its okay..??.? i can see why ppl were comparing hzd to it before that came out

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

fridge corn posted:

started playing farcry 4. its okay..??.? i can see why ppl were comparing hzd to it before that came out

Ubisoft collectathons quality is proportional to ones you've played -1 for each subsequent one. This is how either AC or FC could be a really good game - trash. Except Unity, that stayed trash.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Just Cause 3 is seriously everything I wanted from this series, even if I have to keep my PS4's online turned off to keep it running tolerably.

Excellent explosions, better music, satisfying gun feedback, threatening-but-tolerable enemy presence, and a plot that's often unironically fun and finally treats Sheldon like the insufferable prick he is.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

OxMan posted:

Ubisoft collectathons quality is proportional to ones you've played -1 for each subsequent one. This is how either AC or FC could be a really good game - trash. Except Unity, that stayed trash.

Ive played nearly all the ac games but this is my first farcry game. idk the enemies seem a bit bullet spongy. i threw a grenade into a bunch of dudes and they all got blown back but nobody died???

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the only part of far cry 4 i really remember is stealthily unlocking caged lions and letting them clear out camps for me. also the whirly copter that you can fire grenades from. of course i got far cry 4 the day before i got a pneumonia, so.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've been playing Ghost Recon Wildlands and I think if that game had freeing caged animals to murder my enemies and some kind of loot-y animal skinning way of upgrading something I'd never need to play a Far Cry again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just cause is pretty fun but I hate that there is no ADS.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

I was interested in Tokyo42 but Steam reviews don't sound that great. Hopefully we get some proper reviews soon to outline common issues...

Niddhogg2 is a definite for me, unless I hear some disastrous poo poo about it.

Agents of Mayhem. (Gamefly. woot.)

Matterfall: I am normally a huge Housemarque... uhhh mark. But this one feels a little unexciting to me. Not sure why. I felt like their games were getting more and more interesting. Resogun, Alienation... depth added to a simple formula. Then their last one (I can't even remember the name at the moment) was kind of... cool but "small and generic" and this one just looks like some sidescroller housemarque retelling of that one orange and blue bullet hell sidescroller game... Outlands, maybe? IDK.

I could be (hopefully be) wrong about that one...

I actually don't know what Undertale is.

I have modest expectations but still looking forward to Tokyo 42 especially multiplayer. Pre ordered Nidnogg 2 even though they changed the characters to appease whiners and it isn't as funny now. I have never tried a Housemarque game yet because I keep forgetting they exist due to their lack of personality but I hear good things.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is anyone having an issue with Sundered crashing every 4-5 deaths or so? It's literally the first game I've had crash on me on the PS4.

It's been doing that since launch and still does after 2 patches, I haven't lost any progress because of it though

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there some way to mark goals for clearing an outpost in Just Cause? I'm doing that first one and I can't find the generator or flag pole anywhere.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

veni veni veni posted:

Just cause is pretty fun but I hate that there is no ADS.

R3

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Buccaneer posted:

Pre ordered Nidnogg 2 even though they changed the characters to appease whiners and it isn't as funny now.

Wait, they did what?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I just got an e-mail telling me that included with my pre-order of Uncharted: Lost Legacy for August 22nd is a PS4 digital download of Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

I knew that the Jak & Daxter trilogy was coming to PS4, they announced that a few months ago, but I didn't know they confirmed a release date for those.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I would play through Jak and Daxter 1 again in HD, gem of a game.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Those are PS2 Classic versions, right?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
If the PS3 and Vita get HD Remasters and the PS4 just gets PS2 Classics for Jak & Daxter then fuckin' lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Instant Grat posted:

If the PS3 and Vita get HD Remasters and the PS4 just gets PS2 Classics for Jak & Daxter then fuckin' lol

Happened with RE: Code Veronica, turns out Sony is as lazy as Capcom

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How good/bad is RE: Revelations 1 and 2 on PS4? I played RE 4, 5 and 6 on PC and was wondering if I should wait for a big sale on Rev series on PS4 or just stick to Steam where they get heavily discounted often.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont think revelations 1 is out on ps4 yet but i very much so enjoy revelations 2. unfortunately it doesnt have online co-op on either platform, but its a pretty good split screen co-op game on ps4 at least. if you aren't going to play co-op i don't see any reason to specifically get it on one platform or the other. i got the deluxe edition on sale on psn awhile back for fifteen bucks, i think the only difference is some extra raid mode maps and hunk and wesker. but raid mode fuckin rules so if it goes on sale i'd recommend it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I sure liked 1, I started playing 2 and got bored though. I dunno what was different about it exactly,

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Instant Grat posted:

The PS2 on PS4 initiative is mishandled on so many levels.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well eventually in revelations 2 you end up spending an entire chapter in a sewer level and the rest of the game kind of drags, but i really enjoy the first 65% of it. and like i said, raid mode is super fun

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
How essential are the side-quests in Nier: Automata? I barely did any in route A and just started on route B.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MZ posted:

How essential are the side-quests in Nier: Automata? I barely did any in route A and just started on route B.

Not at all, aside from providing side-story content. There are no gameplay prerequisites for endings like previous Drakengard and Nier games.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

MZ posted:

Side quests can be interesting but many of the good ones are there to hammer home the themes of the game in different ways. You don't even need to do them for a platinum.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

veni veni veni posted:

Is there some way to mark goals for clearing an outpost in Just Cause? I'm doing that first one and I can't find the generator or flag pole anywhere.

Not that I've seen, but they DO show up on the map in the menu, so you can look at that to at least see which part of the base they are on. The Flag Pole is usually towns rather than outposts, and it only becomes available after you have cleared everything else.

Not having a minimap on screen (or so much as a compass) is really starting to irritate me in JC3. Its got a lot of good points too, but man, its got more than its fair share of rough edges.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Fix posted:

Wait, they did what?

A bunch of people online complained that the characters looked like Homer Simpson and the developer changed them to look more generic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Buccaneer posted:

A bunch of people online complained that the characters looked like Homer Simpson and the developer changed them to look more generic

What the gently caress, that was the best part about the art

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I liked The Surge's demo but man it feels exactly as janky as Lords of the Fallen did.

quote:

Just Cause 3 is seriously everything I wanted from this series, even if I have to keep my PS4's online turned off to keep it running tolerably.

Excellent explosions, better music, satisfying gun feedback, threatening-but-tolerable enemy presence, and a plot that's often unironically fun and finally treats Sheldon like the insufferable prick he is.

It's good but I wish Rico had more health (though the constant regeneration making you invulnerable if less than three people are alive is nice) and that I didn't have to continue plot missions to stop getting airstriked. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone want to buy Okami again?

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/rumor-okami-hd-coming-ps4-xbox-one-december

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I bought it once but ruined the disc when i soft-modded my PS2. Then I bought it again for PS3 but I don't think I invested much time into it. It's cool that they're releasing it again for people who missed it, but I can't see paying more than a few bucks for it to sit in my library.

Maybe if they made the PS4 touchpad control the brush, that'd be a cool addition.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

RBA Starblade posted:

I liked The Surge's demo but man it feels exactly as janky as Lords of the Fallen did.

Came here to post exactly this. I actually went into the demo totally blind beyond "it's a sci-fi game" so I was thrilled that it was a more adventurey kind of thing, but the jankiness made me definitely not want to drop $59.99 on it.

Also is the demo missing something plot-wise or is there some thematic context thing I missed? It felt like you go voluntarily to have all this stuff implanted into you, and you get these presentations on what that means and does, and this is a huge company that does this stuff routinely that folks love because they got the super shiny Apple kind of aesthetic about them, but then when it's happening it's played out like the guy was kidnapped and has no idea where he is and stuff and doesn't want the operation done. Then he wakes up and is like "THIS IS GREAT I CAN WALK AGAIN THANKS" as soon as he can talk to someone.

Sparse stories are cool but if it's really disjointed like that uuuhhhh

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Neo Rasa posted:

Came here to post exactly this. I actually went into the demo totally blind beyond "it's a sci-fi game" so I was thrilled that it was a more adventurey kind of thing, but the jankiness made me definitely not want to drop $59.99 on it.

Also is the demo missing something plot-wise or is there some thematic context thing I missed? It felt like you go voluntarily to have all this stuff implanted into you, and you get these presentations on what that means and does, and this is a huge company that does this stuff routinely that folks love because they got the super shiny Apple kind of aesthetic about them, but then when it's happening it's played out like the guy was kidnapped and has no idea where he is and stuff and doesn't want the operation done. Then he wakes up and is like "THIS IS GREAT I CAN WALK AGAIN THANKS" as soon as he can talk to someone.

Sparse stories are cool but if it's really disjointed like that uuuhhhh

He joins the workforce to get this exosuit that'll help him walk. Unfortunately most of the poo poo is automated, and things gently caress up somehow (probably related to the crazy robot poo poo) and the anesthetic isn't applied, nor are his clothes removed or something. He is discarded as a failure, but isn't actually a failure, just a machinery fuckup. I thiiink he is discarded far from the actual operations center? That's how I read into it, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Morpheus posted:

He joins the workforce to get this exosuit that'll help him walk. Unfortunately most of the poo poo is automated, and things gently caress up somehow (probably related to the crazy robot poo poo) and the anesthetic isn't applied, nor are his clothes removed or something. He is discarded as a failure, but isn't actually a failure, just a machinery fuckup. I thiiink he is discarded far from the actual operations center? That's how I read into it, anyway.

I've seen the opening too, and it's pretty drat obvious that the point is how great everything is for the guy finally getting an opportunity to walk again... right up until the penny drops when the anesthetic isn't applied once he's restrained and things very obviously Go Wrong.