Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thanks for drafting him onto that team I took over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
One thing I think should be mentioned about Jacksonville is that people should not go into this season thinking their defense is one to exploit in match-ups. Their biggest impact could be limiting WR numbers. They've got Jalen Ramsey looking like a young shutdown corner and they brought in AJ Bouye, who played at a very high level last year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MacheteZombie posted:

Thanks for drafting him onto that team I took over.

You're welcome! He was Mr. Irrelevant and I still think it's funny.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

One thing I think should be mentioned about Jacksonville is that people should not go into this season thinking their defense is one to exploit in match-ups. Their biggest impact could be limiting WR numbers. They've got Jalen Ramsey looking like a young shutdown corner and they brought in AJ Bouye, who played at a very high level last year.

Honestly their opening schedule looks incredibly appealing.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Good article. Smart guy.

Out of date information re: Branden Albert but what are ya gonna do

http://scout.com/nfl/jaguars/Article/Which-Jacksonville-Jaguars-will-make-an-impact-on-your-fantasy-f-106058050

You forgot handsome and modest

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So, trade advice. I'm assuming this is an auto-accept, but as I haven't been paying attention to football much for the past six months I wanted to be sure something hadn't changed. 16 team, 1ppr, 1qb:

My:
Brady
Jeremy Hill
Olivier Vernon
4th round rookie pick

His:
Andrew Luck
Linval Joseph
Frank Gore

I'm basically looking at this more like Brady and Hill and a 4th for Luck. Our scoring doesn't do DL many favors so even if Vernon is my best DE the difference isn't amazing. My other QBs are Taylor and Bridgewater. Not entirely convinced Bridgewater plays much again, and I see his upside as "Alex Smith" anyway, and who knows with Taylor. Hill is possibly being replaced with Mixon anyway so that's not massive hit.

Really this amounts to has something happened with Luck to make him a non-top tier dynasty asset?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Don't get rid of Tom Brady is my advice

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

nerve posted:

Agreed. Why would you want to downgrade to Luck for Frank Gore?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

nerve posted:

This is a dynasty league...

Azhais posted:

So, trade advice. I'm assuming this is an auto-accept, but as I haven't been paying attention to football much for the past six months I wanted to be sure something hadn't changed. 16 team, 1ppr, 1qb:

My:
Brady
Jeremy Hill
Olivier Vernon
4th round rookie pick

His:
Andrew Luck
Linval Joseph
Frank Gore

I'm basically looking at this more like Brady and Hill and a 4th for Luck. Our scoring doesn't do DL many favors so even if Vernon is my best DE the difference isn't amazing. My other QBs are Taylor and Bridgewater. Not entirely convinced Bridgewater plays much again, and I see his upside as "Alex Smith" anyway, and who knows with Taylor. Hill is possibly being replaced with Mixon anyway so that's not massive hit.

Really this amounts to has something happened with Luck to make him a non-top tier dynasty asset?

Yeah, easy accept. Short term there's worry about Luck missing time to start the season, so you'll take a hit this year (very likely, anyway), but it's a stupidly lopsided deal going into the future.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Are there Beersheets yet? I have a draft today. There's no link in the OP.

edit: found em

coronaball fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 13, 2017

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Click Their Posts for Beer. He's posted them.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

coronaball posted:

Are there Beersheets yet? I have a draft today. There's no link in the OP.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You're welcome! He was Mr. Irrelevant and I still think it's funny.

Oh it definitely is.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Zypher posted:

Click Their Posts for Beer. He's posted them.

Googling "reddit beersheets 2017" worked too. :rolleye:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's check in with Washington's answer to Kevin White Josh Doctson

quote:

Josh Doctson (hamstring) is expected to miss another 4-5 days of camp.

He's been out since August 6. Doctson will likely miss the Redskins' next preseason game. The missed time won't help him form chemistry with Kirk Cousins.

Welp there's your Josh Doctson update

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Anyone else familiar with Matt Harmon's Reception Perception work? John Paulsen has a way of merging the data to get a combined ranking but he won't share his method, and I want to figure out how to best use the data as a reference.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Keep an eye on the Seattle backfield if you haven't been already. Eddie Lacy is going several rounds ahead of Thomas Rawls but Rawls is getting all the first team reps and started the preseason game tonight. Might mean something and might not.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ty1990 posted:

Keep an eye on the Seattle backfield if you haven't been already. Eddie Lacy is going several rounds ahead of Thomas Rawls but Rawls is getting all the first team reps and started the preseason game tonight. Might mean something and might not.

How did he do?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Azhais posted:

My:
Brady
Jeremy Hill
Olivier Vernon
4th round rookie pick

His:
Andrew Luck
Linval Joseph
Frank Gore

In dynasty, this is a mash accept. Supposedly, Luck might not be ready to start the season, but unless Brady actually plays until he's 45, long term it's a huge get. And honestly, I'm not sure Hill is worth much anymore. Mixon looks good.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How did he do?

Neither did anything of note. Eddie mishandled a handoff and went 4/10 and Rawls went 2/5.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

My entire league flew into New Orleans this weekend and drafted in person yesterday. If anyone wants to take a look at a really early 12 man .5ppr auction draft in a fairly competitive league, take a look at our draft board below. Some teams definitely fell apart near the end of the draft after drinking too much, but there were some really interesting drafts.

Frustrated fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 14, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Holy poo poo that draft is a disaster for everyone involved.

So many players went so late because so much insane nonsense happened it's hard to figure out if anyone did well

Edit: hahahahahaha I missed that it was an auction

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 14, 2017

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Holy poo poo that draft is a disaster for everyone involved.

So many players went so late because so much insane nonsense happened it's hard to figure out if anyone did well

I guess I should have bolded that it's auction.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So Brad doesn't have a defense... not required?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

So Brad doesn't have a defense... not required?

We have a 15 man roster with no max or min positional roster limits, but start a regular QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flx/K/DST roster. This early it's not a terrible idea to just draft upside and drop someone for a defense in 3 weeks if the top defenses were gone. However, he got real drunk and decided to draft every RB he could on the Carolina roster, so kind of a wash at that point.

Edit: I think the one consistent trend throughout the draft was RB's all went high (David Johnson at 78 might be a steal) while TE's were all under priced (Gronk was $34, Kelce was $21, almost everyone else was dirt cheap) and a ton of the mid to late tier wide receivers went for next to nothing as everyone ran out of money.

Frustrated fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 14, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Signing up for some fantasy info websites gave me access to the Draft Analyzer.

Never used it (or something like it) before.

Is it worth utilizing?

Pros?

Cons?

I've run a few mock drafts on it with my current league settings, but can't really notice much during a mock.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'd stick with beer sheets. They have been pretty accurate and have found some nice value picks later in drafts.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I've got a draft tonight for a 12 man standard league and I'm planning my strategy. I'm pick #2.

So obviously I go Bell/DJ with the first pick. It gets a little tricky at the 2/3 turn. Almost all the receivers I want there have usually been taken already in mocks. If TY Hilton falls, I think I take him, but if not, I've been waiting on WR (since it's standard). I'm picking Lamar Miller/Gronk/Rodgers/Carlos Hyde here in some mocks. What are other people thinking in this position?

Waiting on WR can be rough, but I've still been able to get guys like Benjamin/Diggs/Fitzgerald/Edelman later, and having a strong core of Gronk, Bell, and Miller seems like a good strategy. Otherwise, if Hilton doesn't fall, I wind up taking Doug Baldwin or Amari Cooper at the 2/3 turn, which just feels bad to me.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
There is only one spot Available for year 4 of our FREE Dynasty league. We've got an awesome group of players who have lots of fun through the season. 11 of 12 players returned from last year.

Key Benefits
1. It's free
2. It's fun! 22 roster spots 15 keepers, no keeper penalties, and a 7 round draft every year.
3. Lots of folks have been in it for all 3 years despite,

Right now there is one open spot. If you are interested in joining, post in our thread and you'll get the only remaining team. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827489

Draft is a 7 round, non snaking (worst team gets 1st pick of each round, best team gets last pick of each round).

KICKER 1.01 (1st Draft Pick of each round!)

QB
Andrew Luck
Andy Dalton

RB
Jonathan Stewart
Javorius Allen
Giovani Bernard
Jordan Howard
Tre Mason
Branden Oliver

WR
Vincent Jackson
Mike Wallace
Mohamed Sanu
Dez Bryant
Chris Hogan
Brandon LaFell
Torrey Smith

TE
Charles Clay
Jared Cook
Austin Hooper

K
Chris Boswell
Chandler Catanzaro

D
Buffalo Bills
Green Bay Packers

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Butter Hole posted:

I've got a draft tonight for a 12 man standard league and I'm planning my strategy. I'm pick #2.

So obviously I go Bell/DJ with the first pick. It gets a little tricky at the 2/3 turn. Almost all the receivers I want there have usually been taken already in mocks. If TY Hilton falls, I think I take him, but if not, I've been waiting on WR (since it's standard). I'm picking Lamar Miller/Gronk/Rodgers/Carlos Hyde here in some mocks. What are other people thinking in this position?

Waiting on WR can be rough, but I've still been able to get guys like Benjamin/Diggs/Fitzgerald/Edelman later, and having a strong core of Gronk, Bell, and Miller seems like a good strategy. Otherwise, if Hilton doesn't fall, I wind up taking Doug Baldwin or Amari Cooper at the 2/3 turn, which just feels bad to me.

Yeah, I'd stack up on awesome RBs if that's the case. Then get a couple WR2s at the 4 5 turn. You won't get studs, but there's always a ton of middle of the road WRs who blow up each year.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Any else a bit leery of Hilton given Luck's bum shoulder?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

I traded my Mixon rookie pick for Hilton so he better work out dammit.

Yes I'm nervous.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Ben Nevis posted:

The reports I'm seeing today says Luck should be ready week 1, and if not it should only be 1-2 weeks where he's out. Hilton still pulled over 1200 yards and a handful of TDs in 2015 when Luck only played 7 games (granted I think that was with Hasselbeck). I'm a bit worried about him but I think he's good value for where he's being drafted.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Butter Hole posted:

The reports I'm seeing today says Luck should be ready week 1, and if not it should only be 1-2 weeks where he's out. Hilton still pulled over 1200 yards and a handful of TDs in 2015 when Luck only played 7 games (granted I think that was with Hasselbeck). I'm a bit worried about him but I think he's good value for where he's being drafted.

That's a good point. I'm staring down the possibility of Hilton at 1.4 in a weird keeper league and that's a decent stat to keep in mind.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I kinda feel like it's a waste of a pick to grab Gronk. With Olsen, Graham, and maybe even Kelce a little later, he's just too expensive.

And you know he'll miss games

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I'd stick with beer sheets. They have been pretty accurate and have found some nice value picks later in drafts.

I've stared at these sheets and think I understand most of it, except for why certain players are shaded. I originally thought it was showing tiers, but that doesn't make sense to me since for example DJ & EE are shaded but Bell isn't.

So if someone could explain what the shading of players means and where I can find tier rankings on beersheets that would be a huge help.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

I kinda feel like it's a waste of a pick to grab Gronk. With Olsen, Graham, and maybe even Kelce a little later, he's just too expensive.

Yeah I'll be letting folks overbid and jump on the Gronk grenade in both of my auction leagues. I'll gladly spend ~$10 less and get Kelce/Olsen/Graham

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yeah but they're free so they must be crap.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

89 posted:

Could you please provide a spreadsheet of every player who will miss games this year and what weeks they'll be out?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

I've stared at these sheets and think I understand most of it, except for why certain players are shaded. I originally thought it was showing tiers, but that doesn't make sense to me since for example DJ & EE are shaded but Bell isn't.

So if someone could explain what the shading of players means and where I can find tier rankings on beersheets that would be a huge help.

The shading is indeed tiers. The disparity in shading is to indicate where each tier is. So every time it goes from gray to white (or white to gray) that means a new tier has started. Sometimes a player is a tier of their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah but they're free so they must be crap.

I here that the guy who puts hours and hours into them is big into charity. Maybe like if you hit cash in your league you could like, donate a portion of those winnings to that guy's charity fund...

Seems like a a cool way to pay back the philanthropy. Not sure what other's thoughts are.

• Locked thread