Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I feel disgusting for once insinuating that Nick and Simone would be a cute couple because

1) Nick is a dirty gross boy
2) I've come to learn that Simone is gay (I think?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I think Simone mentioned on a recent Polygon show that she is LGBTQ so...probably L or B.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Propaganda Hour posted:

I think Simone mentioned on a recent Polygon show that she is LGBTQ so...probably L or B.

Oh, wait. She said she was queer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Friendship Ended With Nick, Now Simone Is My Favorite LGBTQ Polygon

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I'm all for Simone being Griffin's new comedy partner. She's easily the funniest person at Polygon after Justin and Griffin. She seems genuinely cool and sweet and would fit right in with that McElroy Brand (until we find out she's been sliding into DMs)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Simone makes me laugh, and the Awful Squads where she's in charge are wonderful.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

She's also really good at running the Polygon Show podcast, keeping them on track and transitioning to new topics. I really love that crew on the show, I love all their gaming stories, especially Ashley's this week.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Simone makes me laugh, and the Awful Squads where she's in charge are wonderful.

Familial ties ended with Nick
Now Simone is my new mom

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Wait, was Nick the only video producer at Polygon?
They haven't uploaded any videos since the 3rd of August.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Polygon has been on a corporate retreat and then the Nick stuff blew up so those are the main reasons. Pat tweeted that they're getting ready to get some new stuff going so they'll be back at it this week.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Yeah I think it's more that morale may be suffering a bit in the office, since I'm assuming Nick was a friend of just about everybody (at least the guys?) before poo poo blew up.

They'll bounce back soon enough.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Colonel Whitey posted:

Polygon has been on a corporate retreat and then the Nick stuff blew up so those are the main reasons. Pat tweeted that they're getting ready to get some new stuff going so they'll be back at it this week.

Well I hope they all survive Camp Crystal Lake.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

Well I hope they all survive Camp Crystal Lake.

By the way, why the gently caress didn't the Awful Squad cast of characters ever stream playthroughs of the 2017 Friday the 13th game when it came out? Total missed opportunity imo, would have made for some incredible videos.

Imagine Griffin trying to get Russ and Simone corralled in enough to avoid getting murdered by Justin's Jason.

Actually, now that I think about it, and judging from existing Awful Squad footage, I'm not sure Griffin could handle the mental anguish that would bring him.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Well for one thing because I don't think they were streaming at all at that time.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

timp posted:

By the way, why the gently caress didn't the Awful Squad cast of characters ever stream playthroughs of the 2017 Friday the 13th game when it came out? Total missed opportunity imo, would have made for some incredible videos.

Imagine Griffin trying to get Russ and Simone corralled in enough to avoid getting murdered by Justin's Jason.

Actually, now that I think about it, and judging from existing Awful Squad footage, I'm not sure Griffin could handle the mental anguish that would bring him.

"Please, please you guys, uh, we should mov- YO I JUST SAW JASON CAN WE PLE~E~E~EASE MOVE NOW."

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Russ' inventory management shenanigans could probably be pretty entertaining in F13. That game scratches a real good looting itch.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

she also writes romantic adult fantasy novels under a pseudonym

well why not fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 14, 2017

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there a MBMBAM episode that is a good starting place for people who don't know of the McElroys? I'm driving to GenCon and wouldn't mind a listen or two but I don't want to annoy the passengers.

If my personal experience is anything to go by, then just start up with whatever episode you want and the drive will be long enough to Stockholm Syndrome your passengers into being fans.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

New Butt Order posted:

If my personal experience is anything to go by, then just start up with whatever episode you want and the drive will be long enough to Stockholm Syndrome your passengers into being fans.

I had a three day road trip with my parents and by the end of it they were on board with TAZ

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there a MBMBAM episode that is a good starting place for people who don't know of the McElroys? I'm driving to GenCon and wouldn't mind a listen or two but I don't want to annoy the passengers.

Just look up the Bro's Better, Bro's Best ones they post when one of them is out of town. Each one has a listing of the old bits used in the episode, so if you like particular bits from those, you can always just find the episodes they came from and grab a few full ones.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Ep. 55 is always a solid choice.
Noodle up, you unfunny fucks!

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

As mentioned, Ep 55 is solid.

Stay away from live shows maybe, otherwise the latest ones are good too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

well why not posted:

Doesn't everyone?

Anyway I have a request if any of you know it, because I can't find it. Anyone have a clip, or an animation thing of the brothers losing their poo poo over the memory of that one time their dad won clue in a single round? I think it was in the first The The Adventure Zone Zone. It cracks me up every time and I just wanted to share it with a friend who loves the MBMBAM but hasn't gotten around to watching TAZ yet.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

How's the Polygon Show to listen to if you are not really a current video game person? I don't play Overwatch or have a switch or any console newer than the original Wii, but I like all the people involved. Am I gonna be super lost?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

I only have a 3ds and I enjoy the show fine.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Not really, you should be fine for the most part. A lot of the episodes are user emails.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

purple death ray posted:

How's the Polygon Show to listen to if you are not really a current video game person? I don't play Overwatch or have a switch or any console newer than the original Wii, but I like all the people involved. Am I gonna be super lost?

The polygon show is my favorite podcast, surpassing mbmbam and taz. And video games are just a way for them to go off on random rear end tangents on like what parts of a centaur are ok to eat or how sweaty can you get? Like they start off with what are you playing where they discuss the games they are currently playing/reviewing and it just spirals out of control and it's great. They're all super comfortable with each other so they don't mind getting weird.

That said it's only ten episodes in and they flow really quickly so giving one or two episodes a try won't be horrible.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Don't think you have to be deep into games to enjoy gems like
"And his rifle says 'a salt rifle'!"
- "Talk about a seasoned veteran"

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
also simones laugh goes form 'this is the worse thing to be put to audio' to 'simone has the most endearing laugh :)'

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Leper Residue posted:

also simones laugh goes form 'this is the worse thing to be put to audio' to 'simone has the most endearing laugh :)'

Lol if you needed a whole separate podcast to learn to appreciate Simone's laugh

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the polygon podcast is a lot like Giant Bomb, it's about video games but really video games are a jumping off point for goofs

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I have a crush on Simone's laugh.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Please do not DM Simone's Laugh

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I went in for more Simone, I've come out craving more Ashley

or something less gross-sounding, but you get my meaning

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Doesn't everyone?

I'm really not nearly cool enough to do so.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Poque posted:

I went in for more Simone, I've come out craving more Ashley

or something less gross-sounding, but you get my meaning

this changes everything, Poque

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

well why not posted:

I would buy those in a heartbeat. Is her pseudonym known? (DM me if necessary.)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Search for "Overwatch" in the Kindle singles store, I'm guessing

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Arsenic Lupin posted:

She's not shy about it, scope her Twitter for a bit and you'll probably find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I've got your boner in my sights by Sombra McCree