Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like the quest that's just straight-up called Story of Seasoning

Return to Zender is pretty good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The absolute best one is from CS2.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Some Numbers posted:

The absolute best one is from CS2.

Is a CS2 port for steam confirmed? I'm at the finale, and I'm not satisfied at all. Holy poo poo is this game good.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Eeepies posted:

Is a CS2 port for steam confirmed? I'm at the finale, and I'm not satisfied at all. Holy poo poo is this game good.

Yes.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eeepies posted:

They're focusing on making CS1 as clean as possible right now. Most of the work can then be ported over into CS2 without too much fuss.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I'm just gonna hope CS2 PC is out before the end of the year

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I mean I was expecting a gut-punch at the end, I totally called (end-game spoilers) Misty and Sharon being Ouroboros, but Crow completely blindsided me- I figured C stood for Clotilde, and Crow didn't use anything even resembling a twinblade.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
How important are buying items and equipment in this game? Do you usually find equipment in dungeons? Playing on hard btw.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You find quartz in dungeons but not equipment until Chapter 7.

Keep Rean up to date and a couple of others. You're supposed to be strapped for cash.

Or cook a ton of Egg Soups.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cryohazard posted:

I mean I was expecting a gut-punch at the end, I totally called (end-game spoilers) Misty and Sharon being Ouroboros, but Crow completely blindsided me- I figured C stood for Clotilde, and Crow didn't use anything even resembling a twinblade.

One of those is even better cause it's a double twist. Sharon is an enforcer but she's on leave right now, and chooses to help the good guys.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Oh my loving god what just happened, holy poo poo i pegged Sharon as an enforcer but definitely not Misty, and the Crow reveal caught me completely blindsided. I pegged Million as the bad guy the whole time. Urgh.

And the game is still not over yet!?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They already had an evil little girl with a robot buddy anyway.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eeepies posted:

I've reached Chapter 4, and this whole point I'm not feeling any fear from the antagonists

Eeepies posted:

Oh my loving god what just happened, holy poo poo

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I got my new laptop yesterday which is probably mid range in terms of general perfomance and Cold Steel runs like an absolute dream as advertized. I'm prob not gonna actually replay it for a good while but it's good to know I can comfortably run the best version of the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

poe meater posted:

How important are buying items and equipment in this game? Do you usually find equipment in dungeons? Playing on hard btw.

Buy weapons as priority for your physical attackers. This is where having magic casters is a good thing for budget concerns since they just need the quartz to function.

The game floods you with quartz gems and accessories and finding quartz is much stronger than crafting them yourself. I have like 4k in each quartz because I have nothing else to use them for after unlocking all the character slots.

I bought the Scepter master quartz early on and rolled in the money. You get a bunch of powerful Quarts+EP refill stuff later on.

edit: Seriously do the fishing sidequest. You get free sepith and fishing points to buy overpowered items very easily, and later on like Crystal Flood by chapter 2.

Tae fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 12, 2017

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Okay cool thanks for the tips. Im down to fish, just waiting for them to respawn I guess. Is there a point of winning blade? You still get the link exp.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

tremendous personal satisfaction

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Yes I'm eating my words about the antagonists, very well played. Just wow.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
One thing it takes a while to notice is that there are two variations of each 'spell' quartz- the basic one, which gives no stats, and the upgraded one, which gives stats. You can combine them at the pawn shop but it does take U-material to do so.

As a sidenote, (end-game spoilers) I'm pretty sure everyone had the same 'oh, that's where all the steel went' moment as soon as the Noble flagship arrived. That was a pretty fantastic reveal...

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Cryohazard posted:

As a sidenote, (end-game spoilers) I'm pretty sure everyone had the same 'oh, that's where all the steel went' moment as soon as the Noble flagship arrived. That was a pretty fantastic reveal...

I think it was less that and more the Soldats, or possibly both.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Eeepies posted:

I pegged Million as the bad guy the whole time.

I wish. I really, intensely dislike them.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ComposerGuy posted:

I wish. I really, intensely dislike them.

That person is pretty goddamn painful in the first game, but they're actually alright in the second. Mostly.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Actually that person is amazing and you guys are giant meanies.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Laura made fun of my small sword

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

poe meater posted:

Laura made fun of my small sword

I am not sure Laura is capable of making fun of things.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

How much is critical damage? Deciding between Pandora and Criminal for my Master Quartz.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

How much is critical damage? Deciding between Pandora and Criminal for my Master Quartz.
1.5X.

criminal + fire bell + fire bolt just lets you cast fire bolt over and over and over again for decent damage

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tae posted:

Criminal is busted. Use it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I stuck this file in my CS saves folder, but it's not showing up. Does anyone know what else I need to do?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Really Pants posted:

I stuck this file in my CS saves folder, but it's not showing up. Does anyone know what else I need to do?

If you followed the exact location he listed it, have you actually try using the save?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh goodness, it was hiding from me right under my nose. Thanks.

mutantmell
Oct 14, 2012
I renamed the file to save000.dat, which put it in the first save slot.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So for Chapter 4, how long can I expect 'Fie: *reference to being a Jaeger* Laura: "..." to last? It's getting a little old.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Justin_Brett posted:

So for Chapter 4, how long can I expect 'Fie: *reference to being a Jaeger* Laura: "..." to last? It's getting a little old.

It'll be over soon.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Some Numbers posted:

Actually that person is amazing and you guys are giant meanies.

She's awesome, which was why I was so afraid. To be fair, the entire of Class VII is awesome, except for Machias. I still dislike that guy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eeepies posted:

She's awesome, which was why I was so afraid. To be fair, the entire of Class VII is awesome, except for Machias. I still dislike that guy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Eeepies posted:

Sounds like noble sympathizer talk to me.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Tae posted:

I hope it's soon cause a lot of people will be pissed when they beat CS1

This is from the start of the thread, but I just beat the game and this is me now. I should have known though since I was also pissed when I beat Trails in the Sky 1 :v:

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
At least the wait will be a matter of months rather than years, like early Trails fans put up with for Second Chapter. And don't even think about googling stuff related to Cold Steel III, because holy poo poo is that spoiler city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
New to Cold Steel here, I just finished up my June field trip so I guess that's chapter 3. I have a few questions. One, how long is Emma gonna drag out this "not a witch" thing? Two, why were the goons called dropout Jeagers if they're still mercenaries and trying to start a new Jeager company? Three, are these flashbacks Rean keeps having suggesting he murdered a bear when he was like 5 years old?

• Locked thread