Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

More No Man's Sky. I feel like it needs a semi-casual mode between the normal game and the actual casual mode, where everything costs less resources but not completely free like in the casual mode, so there's still an incentive to go exploring beyond just the sake of exploring but the resource-gathering doesn't get in the way. As a fan of exploration-themed games I'm liking a lot about this but it can't decide if it wants to be an exploration game or a survival/crafting game and trips itself up trying to do both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
still playingg garegga. premium mode with autobomb turned off and stage edit turned on is pretty much my ideal version of the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i appreciate CS but its not really my thing. i like way more arcadey stuff like tf2 pre-loot aids

a friend told me it was totally dead on PC? months ago too lol. gently caress CoD dies on PC after the first month
Tf2 is actually getting more popular with time which is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Probably gonna squeeze in a little P4G before bedtime

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

i appreciate CS but its not really my thing. i like way more arcadey stuff like tf2 pre-loot aids

a friend told me it was totally dead on PC? months ago too lol. gently caress CoD dies on PC after the first month

You can still find games all the time. People tend to exaggerate when they say a game is dead, unless your population is in the triple digits you can find games

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oh wow, this weekend I ended up playing Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm with some friends for the first time in like, five years (I also apparently own RS, although I don't recall ever getting it), and it was amazing! Not sure why I ever stopped playing. So tense, sprinting through the bush while getting shot at, and managing to get some hip-fire/Rambo kills, and capture a point as the last surviving member of your squad.

Wasn't a great start though, as we played on some foggy pacific map first round. I think I killed nearly the same amount of friendlies as I killed enemies, (they all look the same, dammit! Especially when they're looming out of the fog) but I still managed to be the most effective (and traitorous...) player on our team, after we held off wave after wave of Japanese soldiers. I think my recklessness managed to put me in a really good position, compared to all the conservative human and AI players. :D Since I just jumped over barricades, gunned down some enemies, then pushed forward to some new cover, then rinse and repeat. Somehow only died twice, (once from my friend mortaring me -which is fair enough, as I accidentally shot him earlier- and the second time I was shot in the head by a sniper, right at the end) although I ran out of ammo a fair bit, and needed to pick up fallen hostiles' guns.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 14, 2017

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

You can still find games all the time. People tend to exaggerate when they say a game is dead, unless your population is in the triple digits you can find games

on the other side of that debate are the insane people that still play natural selection 2 and try to get other people to pay $10 for it saying its actually not as dead and full of insane 3000 hours people as you think when i can go to their official website to see this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

on the other side of that debate are the insane people that still play natural selection 2 and try to get other people to pay $10 for it saying its actually not as dead and full of insane 3000 hours people as you think when i can go to their official website to see this

cool lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

big ups to the same 50 Brazilians always playing KOF'98 on fightcade

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Tf2 is actually getting more popular with time which is cool

interesting, maybe ill pick it up, especially since it goes on sale for like 20 a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive been burned by poo poo like this like 5 separate times and i just dont chance it when i hear a game is dead lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

an epic natural selection memory i have is back in 2010 the aus community ran a final tournament thinking ns2 will come out soon. i trolled one guy who took it way to seriously for about 6 months by putting out a top 10 team list once a month and consistently putting my team in the #1 slot and his as #2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

an epic natural selection memory i have is back in 2010 the aus community ran a final tournament thinking ns2 will come out soon. i trolled one guy who took it way to seriously for about 6 months by putting out a top 10 team list once a month and consistently putting my team in the #1 slot and his as #2

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i looked it up using archive.org and my memory was a little faulty. it was 2 years

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i wish i could look at the actual threads but that part wasnt saved :(

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Total War: Warhammer. Enjoying the Norsca faction so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm back from my 3 weeks of various traveling and bought Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]. Looking forward to playing it all week

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
played burnout paradise online with a friend and before we knew it there were 5 other people.

the insane people that still play burnout paradise online are my favourite and i love them

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I gotta get back into ST since it's god like.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Spent the weekend playing Path of Exile and an online version of Dominion

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Spent the weekend playing Path of Exile and an online version of Dominion

Oh nice, I really should play Dominion online. I've been really into it, the last few months - I've already got the base game (second edition) and four expansions, heh.
Does the online version have all the updated cards, etc. from the second edition?

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Major Isoor posted:

Oh nice, I really should play Dominion online. I've been really into it, the last few months - I've already got the base game (second edition) and four expansions, heh.
Does the online version have all the updated cards, etc. from the second edition?
Yeah, it's got everything to date and the implementation is pretty solid and good.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The monetization is AIDS and you need to subscribe for a year to set up games with expansions, and most people only have the base set allowed anyways, so I burned out really quick.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I'd be subscribed for anywhere between a month or two months and have access to all the expansions because that's what the gold membership gets you? You know you can adjust your subscription period, right, the year long membership is just the default. I didn't have any trouble getting into games with the expansions, you could also just set up a game with them enabled.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Oh I thought it was only giving me the option for a year

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fallout 4

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm playing fallout 4 hoping to get bored of it before my diseased brain tricks me into paying for the seasons pass. May God help me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm playing fallout 4 hoping to get bored of it before my diseased brain tricks me into paying for the seasons pass. May God help me.

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/898289101941727232

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

picked up PUBG, hope imps are on for some shenanigans tomorrow night

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

extremebuff posted:

lmao

picked up PUBG, hope imps are on for some shenanigans tomorrow night

Ahh. PM me your steam name and I'll add your late tomorrow night if you want. I've never played on a team before. im a noob

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

general anime posted:

Ahh. PM me your steam name and I'll add your late tomorrow night if you want. I've never played on a team before. im a noob

sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Knuc U Kinte posted: