Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Foxhound posted:

I'll never understand people who think "free speech" will somehow stop companies from shutting down their hate platforms. Do they think they can just yell "free speech!" and nobody can tell them to shut the gently caress up?

As others have said: yes. There's a whole lot of stupid, stupid people who don't realize that freedom of speech is not freedom from the consequences of what you say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wendell posted:

Clicking around Amy Siskind's tweets shows Anonymous saying it wasn't them, but the actual owners faking it for attention. They say they wouldn't have left the donation page up, as it apparently still is.

I mean, "Anonymous" isn't exactly an organized force. It's mostly a lot of people independently saying they're representing Anonymous and working together sometimes. It could be the Daily Stormer faking it, or it could be some rando getting access and putting up a bunch of bullshit about how they're part of an elite Anonymous hacking force.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The post says they will leave the site up for 24 hours before destroying it. The exact amount of time GoDaddy gave! Also, again, they left the prominent call for donations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Uhhh, this is anonymus

Looks like we "pwned" y00 dudez lmao

Click the like button and join our hatreon

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean, "Anonymous" isn't exactly an organized force. It's mostly a lot of people independently saying they're representing Anonymous and working together sometimes. It could be the Daily Stormer faking it, or it could be some rando getting access and putting up a bunch of bullshit about how they're part of an elite Anonymous hacking force.

Apparently the site owner has faked poo poo like this before so it's far more likely he's doing this. Anonymous would be much more obvious about the take down if it was them.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

poo poo. I was a part of a couple of Anon things and I don't own a mask, a fedora OR a hoodie!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I own a hoodie, but it's usually not cold enough for a regular coat here in winter. :saddowns:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I have a fake leather jacket that's also a hoodie. I can be tough and mysterious at the same time!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Zaphod42 posted:

What I love is that they call this the "right to work" law.

That's some amazing spin. As in, you don't have the right to work!

No, they don't. Right-to-work laws are laws that say you can't be forced to join a union. At-will employment and right-to-work are two entirely different things and the former is not called the latter.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Phanatic posted:

No, they don't. Right-to-work laws are laws that say you can't be forced to join a union. At-will employment and right-to-work are two entirely different things and the former is not called the latter.

They are different things sure, but I live in Texas and the terms are used interchangeably. The former is constantly called the latter.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Wendell posted:

The post says they will leave the site up for 24 hours before destroying it. The exact amount of time GoDaddy gave! Also, again, they left the prominent call for donations.

Pretty much this, if you look at literally any other page, you can see they left the kind of poo poo up that Anon would scrub.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

"victim"

https://twitter.com/cvillenews_desk/status/896392318126886912

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Stolen from the gif thread: A guy shreds a Stretch Armstrong toy in an industrial shredder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2t6sJNjIu4
The schadenfreude comes when he tries to clean it up afterwards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t4Xykjw2F0

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I don't know why those SJW cucks insist on calling these people "Nazis."

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It shoves its face into the bag as it starts running away :allears:

it's grabbing the bag with it's mouth so it can run on all 4, i.e. twice as fast

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yes, yes he can and that's a good thing

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As pissed as I am about what happened in my college town, I can't stop laughing at this inbred looking motherfucker

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

As pissed as I am about what happened in my college town, I can't stop laughing at this inbred looking motherfucker

I like how he decided space armor was the best armor

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Is that a loving go pro?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hm, a critical flaw in the chin strap design is that you need to actually have a chin for them to work apparently.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Is that a loving go pro?

Maybe he was going to film his sick new BMX stunt youtube video in the college square and he's just standing there waiting for all this protest malarkey to blow over

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

I'm impressed the helmet is staying on that thumb on the left.

I think his patch says, "I come, I gently caress poo poo up, I leave". Accurate summary of his life, I have to assume.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Alternate timeline John Waters is both hilarious and terrifying.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Saint Freak posted:

Hm, a critical flaw in the chin strap design is that you need to actually have a chin for them to work apparently.

I got that reference!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/heytk_/status/897132642591805440

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Crossposting from the SAS thread.

Mainline some sports freude straight into your veins.
https://twitter.com/Section10Pod/status/896957721626501120

Shades of sad Browns fan from two years ago.
https://twitter.com/malberson6/status/671552028020084736

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ4SxlDdUVw

Another canopener at the best bridge.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh 11' 8". Gives AI much joy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Last time I was at a Browns game the crowd booed the opposing team, booed their own team, and then a high school came out to play on the field during half-time and they booed the actual literal children.

So basically what I'm saying is it's the team they deserve.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/897093123465072641

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd boo everything and anything if I lived in Cleveland too.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd boo everything and anything if I lived in Cleveland too.

Hey they do have two real sports teams, and also where else can you buy a house for the price of a VCR?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Came to post this. This quote from the letter bothers me, though:

dad posted:

He once joked, “The thing about us fascists is, it’s not that we don’t believe in freedom of speech. You can say whatever you want. We’ll just throw you in an oven.”

1. "Joked"?

2. If you knew before that your son was exhibiting these views, why didn't you try to do something about it before it came to this?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Hey they do have two real sports teams, and also where else can you buy a house for the price of a VCR?

The same place you can still buy a VCR, oddly enough:

http://businessfinder.cleveland.com/franklin-radio-television-vcr-sales-service-cleveland-oh.html

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Saint Freak posted:

Do you really want a house that cheap, though? No.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Aerdan posted:

Do you really want a house that cheap, though? No.

Always buy Baltic and Mediterranean

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

2. If you knew before that your son was exhibiting these views, why didn't you try to do something about it before it came to this?

What do you have in mind in terms of intervention, that they didn't do?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

What do you have in mind in terms of intervention, that they didn't do?

7.62 or 5.56

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Came to post this. This quote from the letter bothers me, though:

1. "Joked"?

no-one is responsible for anyone else action, you're victim blaming