Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah also unlike fe heroes you can actually do poo poo with 1-3*s

and unlike fe heroes you don't need seventeen different units and a partridge in a pear tree and years of grinding to make the most opitmal unit

you roll saber, you have saber

you roll ike, you need to get these five other skills and hope he has a good IV and feed him all those people with skills and then and then and tehn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i definitely don't much care for the gacha in this game, but a comparison to the FEH one isn't really 1:1 since you can pull base 3* as a 5* unit in FEH. not to mention you can pull the on banner 5* you were hoping for in FEH and find out it rolled an IV that makes the unit way less viable. and no, i don't mean ~non optimal~ but the game has stat breakpoints and rolling a -spd can make a unit trash compared to what it should be.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I'm actually surprised FEH hasn't yet gone full Pokemon and made gatcha units have a 1/10,000 chance of being shiny.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

give it time and there will be bonus maps you can unlock with amiibos

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Meanwhile, I'm crushing the game with my 1-Star Asterios, while others do so with Leonidas or Saint-George.

And then there Hans Christian Andersen, the 5-Star disguised as a 2-Star.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm actually surprised FEH hasn't yet gone full Pokemon and made gatcha units have a 1/10,000 chance of being shiny.

They seem to basically do the opposite of Go, they actually increased the daily orb income and made an event (solely to give free stuff) even easier to do than last time. They seem to mainly just use it as a vehicle for whatever mainline game first, cause it's not that much of a money maker in comparison to FGO.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Meanwhile, I'm crushing the game with my 1-Star Asterios, while others do so with Leonidas or Saint-George.

Saint George is so dang good. I grailed mine to level 90, and my Berserkers will never die now

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I didn't play that much FEH before losing momentum, but that does seem to be something it does decently as well? It has 1* welfare units like Hana and Olivia that can be levelled up to be among the strongest units in the game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

Saint George is so dang good. I grailed mine to level 90, and my Berserkers will never die now

Fitting, considering how well-known his legend is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

NRVNQSR posted:

I didn't play that much FEH before losing momentum, but that does seem to be something it does decently as well? It has 1* welfare units like Hana and Olivia that can be levelled up to be among the strongest units in the game.

The major good and bad thing is that a lot of the best units in the game are from special events that are given free if you beat them, but it takes a couple months for them to repeat for anyone that missed them. Specially three of them are horses, and only one of them has repeated since.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NRVNQSR posted:

not really, with skill inheritance in the game a lot has changed. if you spent a bunch of feathers to build up a 1* hana you would still need to spend a bunch of feathers to level up other characters to inherit skills into her. and that's just for one unit on a team of four. and that's assuming you don't want to clear all of the pve content, some of which is designed to challenge whales. and a lot of which now is gonna require multiple teams.

edit: as an admittedly super casual player i have i think 24k feathers. that's not playing full time every day and not doing all content, but that's also enough to raise one character from 4* to 5*, and two characters from 3* to 4*.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
fire emblem heroes treat your characters as skills and you're basically mashing your heroes together to make one of them good

I guess the best way to compare it is if CEs are characters and you're trying to make your Herc good by mashing EMIYAs and Alteras into his face. Super unit simulator.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

The major good and bad thing is that a lot of the best units in the game are from special events that are given free if you beat them, but it takes a couple months for them to repeat for anyone that missed them. Specially three of them are horses, and only one of them has repeated since.

good news, between rider kintoki and kuro, some of the best units in fgo are given away for free too

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So what's the best place to grind bond points? I've got some 1*s that were easy ascends and I want to start knocking out interludes for quartz while I wait for Moonfest.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Don't grind to bond, bond while you grind.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Another Master Mission that demands we farm Friday dailies for stupidly rare Caster gem drops while there's an event going on. They must be doing it deliberately at this point, right?

Edit: Though looking again if the demon in the event's 40AP mission can drop them that won't be too bad.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 14, 2017

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

good news, between rider kintoki and kuro, some of the best units in fgo are given away for free too

Excuse me you're forgetting the Real Best Servant, which is given away for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGjnlpaSOTw&t=33s

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

NRVNQSR posted:

Another Master Mission that demands we farm Friday dailies for stupidly rare Caster gem drops while there's an event going on. They must be doing it deliberately at this point, right?

Rejoice, the 30 AP free mission during Dangofest drops Caster gems as well as Hearts.

I'm going to be living that mission for a while since I need roughly 1,000,000 hearts.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Yeah, the only thing I was comparing FEH and FGO to each other for was the gacha. Game mechanics are wildly different. But I see your point about the worth of the stuff in the gatcha. Other gatcha games have made me warey of doing single rolls but maybe I'll give it a shot at the next event.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
why did they say they want to recreate the JPN experience for NA when the JPN experience involved the game being lame for like half a year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

why did they say they want to recreate the JPN experience for NA when the JPN experience involved the game being lame for like half a year.

tbf going too fast would make some events impossible to farm or make things way too hard at certain points

like imagine if we rammed into camelot lol

theres a middle grund tho

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pureauthor posted:

JP version didn't start with half the quality of life improvements that NA started with, so uh.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

tbh I'd be fine with them giving us the updated Dailies already

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
gently caress you gem master missions. Stop happening during event weeks. Stop it.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Soylentbits posted:

gently caress you gem master missions. Stop happening during event weeks. Stop it.

Agreed.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat, Raikou didn't make the top 3 on round 4 of the summer event. I needed those hearts to ascend Carmilla. :(

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Can't decide if I want to use my mats that I have available to ascend Sasaki Kojirou up to 60, or to save them up for Jing Ke. Jing Ke has better stats, but Sasaki feels like he has much better skills as well as not hurting himself with his NP.

also tempted to grail him up for giggles.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Freak Futanari posted:

George has probably become my favorite so far into this stupid game. His use is simple but it's such an obvious help to any given team that he is super easy to build around. I'll max him out fairly easily during Moon Goddess, if all goes well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Stupid Assassin gems.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Looks like we have Summer Medb incoming in part 2.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Kumog posted:

Can't decide if I want to use my mats that I have available to ascend Sasaki Kojirou up to 60, or to save them up for Jing Ke. Jing Ke has better stats, but Sasaki feels like he has much better skills as well as not hurting himself with his NP.

Are you willing to let down the Savior of France?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I've got a friend with a lvl 80 Kojiro.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Did Kojiro get an animation update in JP?

His animations doesn't match his Meme Regend that encompasses all of FGO.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no he didnt get an animation update, he's the only one of the original seven f/sn servants to not have one yet

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Might I point out that the reason Kojiro is so useful in France is because he (a) has a Reverse-S growth curve which means he hits a power spike early and (b) gets his evade skill as his first skill which is incredibly useful early on.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Might I point out that the reason Kojiro is so useful in France is because he (a) has a Reverse-S growth curve which means he hits a power spike early and (b) gets his evade skill as his first skill which is incredibly useful early on.

Also that France is teeming with dragons, and samurai are the natural enemy of dragons.

Meanwhile dumb Siegfried is off in the saber class when there are hardly any lancer dragons.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.

Bakanogami posted:

Also that France is teeming with dragons, and samurai are the natural enemy of dragons.

Meanwhile dumb Siegfried is off in the saber class when there are hardly any lancer dragons.

As far as I recall, his literally-only lancer dragon was the one we had in the finals 30 AP for nerofest.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Bakanogami posted:

You may be joking, but

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Bakanogami posted:

Yes well, dragons are simply bigger swallows and all that.

Velyoukai posted:

As far as I recall, his literally-only lancer dragon was the one we had in the finals 30 AP for nerofest.

Hey, he's useful for fighting Liz in the AP Dailies!

... Hahahahaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

Yes well, dragons are simply bigger swallows and all that.

That reminds me