Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nessus posted:

Then where does Superman get his power from, smartass?

Well, this is going to ruin the big surprise in issue 5, but: The Signal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Teenage Fansub posted:

In other news:
https://twitter.com/jesswchen/status/895395511657668609
She's apparently the first female Superman editor in the years since Eddie Berganza's sexual harassment accusations.

Didn't they get the memo that young, female editors are ruining Marvel? Comics were so much better before life beat me down and made me bitter. Not that there's any connection between the two.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Open Marriage Night posted:

Didn't they get the memo that young, female editors are ruining Marvel? Comics were so much better before life beat me down and made me bitter. Not that there's any connection between the two.
I mean pretty much every comment I have seen literally anywhere outside of "yay! congrats!" is "wow I thought the Superman office didn't hire female editors because of serial sexual harrasser Eddie Berganza running it, I wonder what has led to this change in policy?" but i hope that strawman straight up eats poo poo, yeah.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I must be in OZ because I yelled at a living, breathing person last week about the #makeminemilkshake ordeal. Glad to hear people aren't being lovely this time though. Not going to go looking for something to prove you wrong.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Edge & Christian posted:

I mean pretty much every comment I have seen literally anywhere outside of "yay! congrats!" is "wow I thought the Superman office didn't hire female editors because of serial sexual harrasser Eddie Berganza running it, I wonder what has led to this change in policy?" but i hope that strawman straight up eats poo poo, yeah.

I didn't know you were omniscient.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

E&C is.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

I didn't know we went after arguments that didn't appear on these message boards or things that were linked to on these message boards.

Guys I imagine that some people think Superman is a Marvel character, somewhere, probably. What a bunch of loving morons!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Guys I didn't see a thing so it doesn't exist! Said a rational smart man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Guys I didn't see a thing so it doesn't exist! Said a rational smart man.

I can't see God thus he doesn't exist.

Check and mate.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I don't see you guys typing out replies on this message board epso facto I am talking to myself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

I don't see you guys typing out replies on this message board epso facto I am talking to myself.

Sidebar but one time this girl in one of my classes said something like that but she said "pepto bismol" instead and I laughed very hard.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Frankly I'm ashamed that all of you have never read a comic book and are actually just killing stray cats CONSTANTLY, that's really hosed up.

You shouldn't torture animals.

"I love to torture animals, it gets me hard." - Comics fans, probably

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'll have you know I just finished a comic book right now.

Also what the gently caress!?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah it doesn't get me hard it gets my adrenaline pumping.

Don't strawman me

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah it doesn't get me hard it gets my adrenaline pumping.

Don't strawman me
The only thing that excites me is a combination of critical theory and cruel laughter at my political enemies

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Edge & Christian posted:

I didn't know we went after arguments that didn't appear on these message boards or things that were linked to on these message boards.

Guys I imagine that some people think Superman is a Marvel character, somewhere, probably. What a bunch of loving morons!

I didn't bring up the whole thing until I had to deal with it at my local shop. I get your point though.

Let's talk about Mister Miracle. I'm very happy that Mister Miracle and Black Bolt both have good books. Probably my two favorite Kirby characters. Two of my favorite costumes as well.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
My comic shop has had two weeks of order gently caress ups so no Mr Miracle for me, and that was the only book I was looking forward to this week. Guess another reason to go digital

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I didn't bring up the whole thing until I had to deal with it at my local shop. I get your point though.

Let's talk about Mister Miracle. I'm very happy that Mister Miracle and Black Bolt both have good books. Probably my two favorite Kirby characters. Two of my favorite costumes as well.

Man I loving love Scott Free's costume. I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate it into a tattoo somehow for a long time.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Their real names are two of the best in comics as well.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Man I loving love Scott Free's costume. I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate it into a tattoo somehow for a long time.

Get one of those Final Crisis Fourth World facial tattoos.

Edit: Hell yeah.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 11, 2017

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I've had his mother box as my phones lock screen for years. Also, my neighbor growing up had a Mister Miracle from the Super Powers line. I didn't know who it was until I was a teenager.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Get one of those Final Crisis Fourth World facial tattoos

Yeah do this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Their real names are two of the best in comics as well.

Scottagar Freeagon.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Skwirl posted:

Scottagar Freeagon.

I thought they banned Freeagon twenty years ago for making Boom Tubes in the ozone hole.

...that sounded dirtier than the joke I was going for.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Interview and preview for Gotham City Garage.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gotham-city-garage-comic-preview-dcs-female-focused-book-1028448?sf105390745=1
Not sure Brian Ching was the right choice to kick it off.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/dccomics/status/896132901321842688

This is interesting.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

More superman prime teasing. :(

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Interesting...it's not Tomasi? But the storyline looks pretty good either way.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

I was glad to see a not-lovely, not-Azzarello Orion pop up in GLC this week, but my heart shed a lil' bitchy tear when he didn't know who Kyle was. :saddowns: I was just, "Nooo, it's your boy Kyle. You know him! You went through so much* together!"

*subject to debate

I know you've got a big hate-on for Azzarello, but what do you mean, not-Azzarello Orion? He looks exactly the same, except he has his helmet lifted up slightly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

More superman prime teasing. :(

That isn't his Sinestro suit. He didn't wear the ring, he just put the logo on his Anti-Monitor styled armor.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

That isn't his Sinestro suit. He didn't wear the ring, he just put the logo on his Anti-Monitor styled armor.

Yeah but I associate the two.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

TwoPair posted:

I know you've got a big hate-on for Azzarello, but what do you mean, not-Azzarello Orion? He looks exactly the same, except he has his helmet lifted up slightly.
...Not to be indelicate here, but that's really obviously not what I meant lol. Who cares what he looks like? He could be dressed up like the bastard child of Wolverine and a giant yellow spotlight as long as he isn't slapping any women's asses and demeaning them on the regular.

Though I guess he's only appeared in one issue. There's yet time for him to be as lovely as Azz made him.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I really did think you meant physically/costume-wise. Mea culpa.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

BrianWilly posted:

... the bastard child of Wolverine and a giant yellow spotlight ...

The "D" stands for "Defeating Darkseid!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If you care about Dark Nights: Metal, there's spoilers for the first issue around, including a Washington Post article with the last pages.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

If you care about Dark Nights: Metal, there's spoilers for the first issue around, including a Washington Post article with the last pages.

Ironically the spoilers might determine whether or not I care about Dark Nights: Metal

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

And a headline on Bleedingcool that gives the general idea of it away (I'm guessing. Not clicking in.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

And a headline on Bleedingcool that gives the general idea of it away (I'm guessing. Not clicking in.)

It actually doesn't, really.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

So I read the spoilers, and without giving anything more away, it sounds really loving dumb. I look forward to hearing about it from people who are following Batman stuff on Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

It actually doesn't, really.

I'll be mad at Rich Johnson if I want to!