Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The shading is indeed tiers. The disparity in shading is to indicate where each tier is. So every time it goes from gray to white (or white to gray) that means a new tier has started. Sometimes a player is a tier of their own.

That makes sense. Now the entire sheet is understood and will definitely be used. Thanks for putting the work in on these and if I do win make the money (instead of coming in 4th like usual) I'll definitely donate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

That makes sense. Now the entire sheet is understood and will definitely be used. Thanks for putting the work in on these and if I do win make the money (instead of coming in 4th like usual) I'll definitely donate.

Awesome. Good luck!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

There is only one spot Available for year 4 of our FREE Dynasty league. We've got an awesome group of players who have lots of fun through the season. 11 of 12 players returned from last year.

Key Benefits
1. It's free
2. It's fun! 22 roster spots 15 keepers, no keeper penalties, and a 7 round draft every year.
3. Lots of folks have been in it for all 3 years despite,

Right now there is one open spot. If you are interested in joining, post in our thread and you'll get the only remaining team. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827489

Draft is a 7 round, non snaking (worst team gets 1st pick of each round, best team gets last pick of each round).

KICKER 1.01 (1st Draft Pick of each round!)

QB
Andrew Luck
Andy Dalton

RB
Jonathan Stewart
Javorius Allen
Giovani Bernard
Jordan Howard
Tre Mason
Branden Oliver

WR
Vincent Jackson
Mike Wallace
Mohamed Sanu
Dez Bryant
Chris Hogan
Brandon LaFell
Torrey Smith

TE
Charles Clay
Jared Cook
Austin Hooper

K
Chris Boswell
Chandler Catanzaro

D
Buffalo Bills
Green Bay Packers

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

A question. Do you have to own two kickers?

I've always been curious about dynasty leagues. I guess I'll do it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

edit:

Just see below a few posts

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 14, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Papes posted:

Could you please provide a spreadsheet of every player who will miss games this year and what weeks they'll be out?

Gronk is a guarantee to play AT BEST 3/4th of your fantasy season, if not only half every year.

I speak as a former several time Gronk owner.

Also, the more I mock draft....the more I'm just leaning away from elite WRs.

WRs is crazzzzyyy deep this year. RB? Not so much. I mean, unless you're just super confident in the rookie RBs. Of course, there's Gore and Woodhead and perhaps an AP comeback. But that's about it. Then it's a wasteland while guys like Fitzgerald, Crowder, Decker, Maclin, and allll kinds of starting WRs are still out there.

Also, this is an obvious one, but I just can't find a reason to snag Brady or Brees when Winston, Mariota, Carr, Stafford, and Big Rape are still out there soooo late. QB in a 10 man league is like a wash.

89 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 14, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I've got my first draft this weekend. It's a 10 man, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1FLEX/1TE/1K/1DEF 0.3 PPR (yeah I know). I'm 8th pick.

The more I'm looking into it, the more I'm leaning to:

- Go RB/RB. Maybe something like (best case) Shady/DeMarco or Freeman/DeMarco.
- Pray Lynch is there at the end of the 3rd
- Grab one of Olsen or Graham (I hate streaming TE)
- Load up on quality WRs late while everybody is going through what's left of the discount RB bin
- Wait on QB

Although, notable in QB. There's a 3 point bonus for 350 yards passing. And 5 points for 400 yards. Which I'm thinking might stack..

89 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 14, 2017

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

pubic works project posted:

A question. Do you have to own two kickers?

I've always been curious about dynasty leagues. I guess I'll do it.

Nope, i think NFL makes you own a complete roster (ie one kicker) but you definitely don't need two kickers. Just reply in our thread ( https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827489 ) with an email and i'll get you an invite. Or just email me ddoucette777@gmail.com

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gronk has played seven seasons. In four of those seasons, he played fifteen or sixteen games. In the other three seasons, he played 7, 8, and 11 games.

This means that on average he plays 12.5 games per season, which is just over three quarters of a season. So:

89 posted:

Gronk is a guarantee to play AT BEST 3/4th of your fantasy season, if not only half every year.

No. Based on his history, Gronk could play an entire season, or maybe miss just one or two games. He's only missed half of the games in a year twice. On average you should expect him to miss four, and missing more than that would be a below-average season.

Of course, this is all based on the theory that a given player has an "average" injury rate that holds true throughout their career... which is nonsense. Some players may be more "injury prone" due to their position and play style, but I struggle to see how all of gronk's various injuries are related to a specific kind of play, beyond "is a tight end." Broken arm, sprained ankle, sprained knee, pulmonary contusion, lower back...

On the other hand, while some of these injuries are not going to recur (the broken arm is clearly fine now), back injuries are concerning because they can resurface. So I think the overall point - of avoiding Gronk in the first round due to injury risk - is certainly valid. The problem is, while he's clearly a big risk, when he does play he's just such an enormous value compared to all other tight ends.

But it's an exaggeration to "guarantee" he'll AT BEST play 3/4ths of a fantasy season. At best, he plays 16 games: he's done that twice. And in the last three years, he had two 15-game seasons (in one of which he sat healthy in game 16). A 2014 or 2015 season out of Gronk is worth a first round pick.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

I've got my first draft this weekend. It's a 10 man, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1FLEX/1TE/1K/1DEF 0.3 PPR (yeah I know). I'm 8th pick.

The more I'm looking into it, the more I'm leaning to:

- Go RB/RB. Maybe something like (best case) Shady/DeMarco or Freeman/DeMarco.
- Pray Lynch is there at the end of the 3rd
- Grab one of Olsen or Graham (I hate streaming TE)
- Load up on quality WRs late while everybody is going through what's left of the discount RB bin
- Wait on QB

Although, notable in QB. There's a 3 point bonus for 350 yards passing. And 5 points for 400 yards. Which I'm thinking might stack..

I think you're going to be really hurting when all of your WR's are garbage. There are no "quality" WR's in the late rounds. Lotto picks, sure, but not quality.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

I think you're going to be really hurting when all of your WR's are garbage. There are no "quality" WR's in the late rounds. Lotto picks, sure, but not quality.

Yeah I would definitely go RB/WR.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

Words & Jibberish

Reread that and it made no sense.

Basically 12 man keeper league and these players are already off the board:

DJ
Bell (my keeper)
D. Murray
A. Brown
L. McCoy
T. Hilton
T. Kelce
Eze
M. Evans
ODB
Brady
A. Rodgers
D. Freeman

I have 20th pick (since Bell took my 1st round pick) snake draft and have been offered the following trade. 13th pick & 8th round pick for my 3rd and 4th rounders.

Is that worth taking since so much talent is gone already?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Injuries for the most part are random and being overconfident on them happening (or not happening) is one of biggest fallacies in fantasy sports circles

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RCarr posted:

I should have specified more. I'm not meaning take 4-5 RBs before a WR.

I'm saying go RB/RB. And maybe pick up a WR with your 4th pick, depending on what's there. This should usually land you a Demariyus Thomas or Alshon Jeffrey.

RB/RB/RB/WR possible combo at #8 of 10:
LeSean, DeMarco Murray, Marshawn, Demariyus

RB/RB/WR/WR:
LeSean, DeMarco, Demariyus, Crabtree

WR/WR/RB/RB:
AJ Green, Jordy, Lamar Miller, Fournette

The drop off from LeSean/Freeman/DeMarco/Ajayi to Lamar Miller/Crowell/Carlos Hyde/rookies seems a LOT more dramatic in the first 4 rounds than AJ/Evans/Jordy/Dez to DT/Amari/Alshon/Baldwin/Hill/Crabtree

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm defo not touching Marshawn anywhere near the 3rd.

Will let someone else see what he has.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The only thing I'd argue against myself is that I'm high on Dalvin Cook and he can be had in the 4th/5th and would make an excellent flex.

Everybody in this particularly league that has won each year usually has a stable of 3 bad rear end RBs. I'll have elite WRs and no RBs and lose. One year, I was rolling out Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, and Demariyus Thomas and still barely broke 100 points cause my WRs underperformed.

While a dude was rolling out Shady, Melvin, and Freeman and was just wrecking people's poo poo with 180 point games

89 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 14, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

VietCampo posted:

I'm defo not touching Marshawn anywhere near the 3rd.

Will let someone else see what he has.

:agreed::yossame::yeah:

His back and running style has me all kinds of worried

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'm fine with dropped $15 for Beast Mode for my RB3/Flex.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

I'm fine with dropped $15 for Beast Mode for my RB3/Flex.

Yeah, I think that's about right. Third round though and he's probably not a flex or you're passing on WRs that rate better than WR3/flex to grab him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Honestly he's such a big name and his upside is so huge that most auction leagues will end up overbidding for him, I'd hop on him for $15 in auction for sure but he's not likely to go for that low but i wouldn't draft him unless he fell a couple rounds in redraft.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

VietCampo posted:

Honestly he's such a big name and his upside is so huge that most auction leagues will end up overbidding for him, I'd hop on him for $15 in auction for sure but he's not likely to go for that low but i wouldn't draft him unless he fell a couple rounds in redraft.

Oh yeah I'm not telling myself that I'll get him for that very reason. But if I can snag him for under $20, I will. Especially if I can get Richard for $2-$3.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I really want to try an auction league.

Maybe I'll join a scrub rear end $$$ yahoo auction league

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

89 posted:

I really want to try an auction league.

Maybe I'll join a scrub rear end $$$ yahoo auction league

Want to drive to Indy for a live auction draft on Sunday? hahaha

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Want to drive to Indy for a live auction draft on Sunday? hahaha

That's not far from Arkansas, right? lolz

Now, a live auction league draft would be crazyyy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
You know, it kinda bugs me when someone sends me a message similar to, "Any interest in Antonio Brown"

Well duh yeah I am, but what's it gunna cost me is more important here.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

89 posted:

That's not far from Arkansas, right? lolz

Yeah it's going to be loving awesome. I'm in charge of two 14 team auction leagues. One drafts Friday night and other Sunday afternoon.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

89 posted:

One year, I was rolling out Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, and Demariyus Thomas and still barely broke 100 points cause my WRs underperformed.

OK but be honest here, how many weeks did you have all three before you'd traded one or two or all three? Who were your RBs in week 1 vs the rest of the year? It's tough to use your past performance as a benchmark given your notorious penchant for constant roster shuffling.

Not that I necessarily disagree. If I'm drafting this year I want an early RB.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

89 posted:

Only if you get an actual auctioneer to run it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Live auction drafts are fuckin nutty.

That might also be because the only ones I've ever done are for an IDP league, too.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Leperflesh posted:

OK but be honest here, how many weeks did you have all three before you'd traded one or two or all three? Who were your RBs in week 1 vs the rest of the year? It's tough to use your past performance as a benchmark given your notorious penchant for constant roster shuffling.

Not that I necessarily disagree. If I'm drafting this year I want an early RB.

Not many.

What's gonna happen is something like Mike Evans is gonna slip to me at pick #8 and I'm gonna be like gently caress there goes my strategy

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I drunk drafted this yesterday. 12 man league, 0.5 PPR, 6 pt passing TD. I had 11th pick.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Melvin Gordon
3. Ty Montgomery
4. Marshawn Lynch
5. Golden Tate
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Frank Gore
8. Duke Johnson
9. Devante Parker
10. Zach Ertz
11. Eric Decker
12. Rex Burkhead
13. Nelson Agholor (I was hammered by this point)
14. Eagles defense

Overall, pretty happy. RB's are solid. I didn't want to pick Lynch but he was kind of just sitting there. My WR aren't exciting, but they are high floor. Ertz has top 5 TE upside this year IMO

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Drop Agholor and pick up Jamaal Williams

or anyone else I guess

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Live auction drafts are fuckin nutty.

That might also be because the only ones I've ever done are for an IDP league, too.

My irl auction draft does something i love: we sit in a circle and take turns bidding/passing. Once you pass once youre done for that player, you may not jump back in.

This keeps things moving as theres no need to say "going once, going twice... oh hey heres a new bid" seven hundred times.

Another bonus is that every pick eventually has just two people left bidding on him, meanmugging each other and shouting horrible things each time they beat each other's bids

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

coronaball posted:

Ertz has top 5 TE upside this year IMO

I feel like I've heard that every year

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

I drunk drafted this yesterday. 12 man league, 0.5 PPR, 6 pt passing TD. I had 11th pick.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Melvin Gordon
3. Ty Montgomery
4. Marshawn Lynch
5. Golden Tate
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Frank Gore
8. Duke Johnson
9. Devante Parker
10. Zach Ertz
11. Eric Decker
12. Rex Burkhead
13. Nelson Agholor (I was hammered by this point)
14. Eagles defense

Overall, pretty happy. RB's are solid. I didn't want to pick Lynch but he was kind of just sitting there. My WR aren't exciting, but they are high floor. Ertz has top 5 TE upside this year IMO

It is hard for me to evaluate this draft, because seeing a qb go in the first round makes me physically ill, which taints my ability to objectively analyze the other picks

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

It is hard for me to evaluate this draft, because seeing a qb go in the first round makes me physically ill, which taints my ability to objectively analyze the other picks

This.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
tbf the 6 pt td rule makes it an obvious pick

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Does it? Aaron Rodgers threw 40 TDs last year; Matt Ryan threw 38. Drew Brees threw 37.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

My irl auction draft does something i love: we sit in a circle and take turns bidding/passing. Once you pass once youre done for that player, you may not jump back in.

This keeps things moving as theres no need to say "going once, going twice... oh hey heres a new bid" seven hundred times.

Another bonus is that every pick eventually has just two people left bidding on him, meanmugging each other and shouting horrible things each time they beat each other's bids

I love this idea and I think I'll use it for one of my drafts since we're drafting in my private club's board room and can go around the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

tbf the 6 pt td rule makes it an obvious pick

I disagree. All my leagues have 6 pt passing TDs and I still think a QB in the first is a reach. Especially since my leagues are PPR. I could justify it in the 2nd.

• Locked thread