Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

and yet dems claimed for nearly a decade that the tea party is nothing but an astroturf op funded and operated by the koch brothers.

I don't see how that's mutually exclusive. You can be a privately funded astroturf org and still rile up the hicks and olds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Willa Rogers posted:

tactics that have nothing to do with meaningful change beyond telling people to wear pussy hats and thank dems for the marvelous job they've done in buttressing the capitalist status quo.

lol @ making GBS threads on people actually trying to do poo poo to stop the gop from ruining people's lives, other than posting on forums and being bitter over previous decades of failed activism.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Concerned Citizen posted:

lol @ making GBS threads on people actually trying to do poo poo to stop the gop from ruining people's lives, other than posting on forums and being bitter over previous decades of failed activism.

how many democratic senators have you congratulated?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The local indivisible chapter in my area is alright they are good about organzing and showing up to events, though I think they won't last long if the dems make progress since "resist tromp" wont really give much direction when trump isnt in office or gets stonewalled by a hostile congress

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

yeah the action guide is explicitly saying "actually the 2009 tea party was good at loving over dems and we should emulate their tactics"

uh what did the 2009 tea party accomplish, other than providing a fertile breeding ground for extremism when the Dems completely ignored it?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

indivisible is doing a great job of that with their hamilton sing-a-longs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/896919790744346624

Doobie's Dogs guy was a Nazi. Who knew

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Main Paineframe posted:

uh what did the 2009 tea party accomplish, other than providing a fertile breeding ground for extremism when the Dems completely ignored it?

the logic is that the energy of the tea party movement propelled gop turnout high enough to take back the house in 2010 while also pressuring gop senators/reps to prevent them from caving on popular dem legislation

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the whites only toilet didnt tip you off?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frog dog is racist now

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
FWIW the wonks have been trying to emulate the tea party since the tea party happened. Throughout occupy there were probably 3 or 4 demoratic PACs that tried very hard to shape it into a democratic tea party and that was like a year or two after the birth of the Tea Party.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Is that actually the doobie dog guy it says he was fired from top dog. Honestly I don't know the doobie story that much

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Is that actually the doobie dog guy it says he was fired from top dog. Honestly I don't know the doobie story that much

its somebody else but both hotdog idiots are nazis

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Turns out it's relatively easy to manipulate a party when your backed by one of its donors! Who knew

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

indivisible is doing a great job of that with their hamilton sing-a-longs

there's a ton of events on indivisible houston's page, including blm events, trumpcare protests, a sb4 protest early next month, a vigil yesterday, etc. i'm sorry you didn't like the event posted by a houston gay bar

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the tea party wave was extremely strong in making all republicans lurch into the death-cult level of far right or risk getting primaried by a nutjob with $texas levels of outside money but that doesn't mean it wasn't bankrolled and astroturfed by the kochs et al

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I had a thought awhile ago that if doobie's dog house had stayed open, with the giant pepe painted on the side of the place and the SA donation story that opened the place most people that knew anything about the net would assume it was an alt-right thing.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Heather Heyer wasn't in the IWW?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

punk rebel ecks posted:

AFAWK, no, some of the wounded were but not her.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

no. doobie is much uglier and never left the backwoods of alabama.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

the saga of doobie will never not be funny

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

punk rebel ecks posted:

https://www.facebook.com/iwwgdc/posts/1482591298492643

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

UHD posted:

the saga of doobie will never not be funny

it was peak goon project. lmao the gbs guy that claimed to have donated all the money he had set aside for his children's christmas presents. i dont care if it was a fakepost ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shear Modulus posted:

the tea party wave was extremely strong in making all republicans lurch into the death-cult level of far right or risk getting primaried by a nutjob with $texas levels of outside money but that doesn't mean it wasn't bankrolled and astroturfed by the kochs et al

Didn't it also pretty much wipe out the Blue Dogs?

(though the Hillarymen seem intent on bringing them back)

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Main Paineframe posted:

the Boston neo-Nazi March is still a week out and one Mass cop has already been exposed as a sympathizer

https://twitter.com/riotwomennn/status/896901456619601920

not my conrad

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

there's a ton of events on indivisible houston's page, including blm events, trumpcare protests, a sb4 protest early next month, a vigil yesterday, etc. i'm sorry you didn't like the event posted by a houston gay bar

was that vigil where they barely pretended heather heyer existed and then told people they couldn't wait for the next vigil? :lol:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

Didn't it also pretty much wipe out the Blue Dogs?

(though the Hillarymen seem intent on bringing them back)

it pretty much exclusively wiped out the Blue Dogs

turns out being a Democrat who campaigns on being against the popular Democratic president, and voting for that Democratic president's initiative despite saying you oppose it, is not a winning electoral strategy in these highly charged political times

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

there's a ton of events on indivisible houston's page, including blm events, trumpcare protests, a sb4 protest early next month, a vigil yesterday, etc.

does that "ton" include anything having to do with pushing for single-payer, affordable college, and a living wage, or is it just tepid vigils and thanking our dem lawmakers for their valiant efforts in maintaining a miserable status quo?

quote:

i'm sorry you didn't like the event posted by a houston gay bar

idpol at its worst, folks: "how dare you malign an event when it's wealthy gay people running it"

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Guava Lamp is a pretty great name for a gay bar though

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao thank you whoever bought zegermans that great new av and gangtags

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
liberals being liberals

https://twitter.com/copcemetery/status/896947598317277185

https://twitter.com/copcemetery/status/896947773773414403

:yum:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Willa Rogers posted:

does that "ton" include anything having to do with pushing for single-payer, affordable college, and a living wage, or is it just tepid vigils and thanking our dem lawmakers for their valiant efforts in maintaining a miserable status quo?

well anyone can make an event on indivisible so feel free to join your local chapter and get people to come to your single payer affordable college living wage events.

quote:

idpol at its worst, folks: "how dare you malign an event when it's wealthy gay people running it"

i didn't say that, but anyway if they use it as a hook (it has 119 people signed up as 'going') to sign up people for more substantial events, or get people to bring their friends into the network, it's a good organizing event!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Oh and guess who organized it

https://twitter.com/copcemetery/status/896948938162540544

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
my new title is extremely good, ty to whoever bought it

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

well anyone can make an event on indivisible so feel free to join your local chapter and get people to come to your single payer affordable college living wage events.

yah, that's worked out: https://twitter.com/imastringbean/status/896868804692725760

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao thank you whoever bought zegermans that great new av and gangtags

now theres a gang tag i haven't seen in a long time, a long time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
squizzle, cc and zegermans new titles are :discourse:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013