Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BioEnchanted posted:

Yoko Taro's idea of a "Happy Ending" would be amusing to see.

*The whole world is reduced to a blighted nothingness*
Player: "How is this a happy ending?
Yoko Taro: "Those kids over there survived. :)"
Player: "Oh yeah..."

So he's Russian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Kibayasu posted:

Fae as an avid follower of VGCW, WVGCW, EDBW, and BWA I would love to know what AI wrestling league you're watching. I didn't quite catch the name when you mentioned it.

I think it was Frog Nugget Federation Wrestling. Here's the first video on YouTube.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

chiasaur11 posted:

He announced for Nier Automata it would have a happy ending.

So, you know. You don't have to imagine. It exists! You can see what he calls a happy ending with your own eyes.

(And I'm sorry. I just can't imagine children surviving a Taro Yoko game.)

It's a pretty happy ending, even disregarding the fact that it's a Yoko Taro game! But that's neither here nor there.

Cloud Potato posted:

I think it was Frog Nugget Federation Wrestling. Here's the first video on YouTube.

Yeah that's the one. Fae got a copy of WWE 2k17, I think, and decided to make her own wrestling league.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Regarding the flowers-cult connection, it might be a reference to the Hare Krishnas? They had a thing about giving and/or selling flowers to people and were seen as a cult when they were big.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Maybe NieR just doesn't understand flowers.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're streaming today! Come join us and we're probably gonna hit the credits!

https://twitch.tv/chaosargate

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

All done with route A!

I really like this game, you guys

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

With a like that crushes like a mace?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Faerie Fortune posted:

All done with route A!

The real Nier starts now.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Faerie Fortune posted:

All done with route A!

Well don't worry, B through D will fix that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

17. Dispossession / Strings Ver.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Regarding Emil's 'age', I don't think he is supposed to have actually grown or aged at all in the timeskip. I mean, he was created/experimented on 1300 years ago. It mentions (in the documents from the mansion lab) that he was put into "storage". I guess we don't know whether that storage means he just didn't age until he became un-stored (which we also have no idea how long ago that was), or whether he is effectively un-aging.

My money is on him being basically immortal, stuck at the age he was weaponized at.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Since she brought it up I have an interesting question for Fae, but if it's too personal I'll understand if she'd rather not discuss it: Do you find that this sort of tragic media helps you deal with your own feelings about these subjects by recontextualising your feelings in a safe environment, or is it a sore spot that you tend to avoid when you can?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Holy poo poo your question is so so much better than how 90% of the people ask about this stuff!

Dunno how Fae is gonna respond, but personally, thank you for being much more reasonable and sensitive about such things than most people :unsmith:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

BioEnchanted posted:

Do you find that this sort of tragic media helps you deal with your own feelings about these subjects by recontextualising your feelings in a safe environment, or is it a sore spot that you tend to avoid when you can?

Its interesting that you ask that actually because I've never really thought about it but its true.

For context (and for those who don't know) I have pretty severe PTSD from witnessing my aunt's murder during a spree killing in my village a few years ago. Part of recovering from any trauma is learning that you can't spend the rest of your life avoiding things that make you think about whatever traumatic incident you experienced, because it leads to you getting more and more frightened of things associated with that experience and basically makes things worse.

Ever since my aunt's murder I've found solace in stories where characters suffer great hardship. Sometimes they recover and become stronger for it, sometimes they're scarred for life and sometimes they merely just survive while still dealing with the effects of their trauma. Its a way to show myself that there's more that can happen to me in the future than just not recovering and being a scared agorophobe for the rest of my life.

These characters being fictional kinda helps with the guilt too because these awful things aren't happening to real people -- after being through what I've been through I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. But yeah, stories like this, I know they aren't real and while it might make me feel things like it did in that recording sessions, I know nothing bad actually happened to any real people, and seeing how these fictional characters deal with their pain and trauma gives me little clues as to how to deal with my own.

Sorry to get super real in the thread here, but as Artix pointed out, this game is about grief and I'm seeing a bit of a theme of survivor's guilt in there too which are two things I absolutely have a very personal and intimate experience with, so it resonates very deeply with me. If I can use that experience to have interesting discussions about a game that I am head over heels in love with? Well, at least some good came out of it I guess!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

No, no, Magic is the card game with a Gideon. :v:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

No, no, Magic is the card game with a Gideon. :v:

And here I thought it was Scott Pilgrim's precious little TCG.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

"Um...yeah" was definitely my response to that too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I had a lot of fun with this one.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Time for NieR Notes!

Page 11 - Page 12 - Page 13 - Episodes 27-30

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

ChaosArgate posted:

I had a lot of fun with this one.

Well that was strangely ominous!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

This visit to the Aerie is probably my favorite part of the game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Is it just me or is there no resolution for this video above 360p?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Is it just me or is there no resolution for this video above 360p?

Uhhh there should be up to 1080p. I'm at work but let me grab the video I uploaded to double check that. The filesize is 1.8GB though which is about what I would expect from a ~20 minute video.

Edit: Yes, this is a 1080p60 video, as usual. I set the video to upload literally before I went to bed about 10 hours ago, so it might still be processing?

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 25, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Newly uploaded stuff processes low-res first. The other resolutions will come in time as Yo-tub gets around to it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
OK cool, I know Verizon is about to take all video streaming quality down a peg on their services and thought they were really going crazy.

Also why do I find myself asking if we are, in fact, the bad guys?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

C-Euro posted:

OK cool, I know Verizon is about to take all video streaming quality down a peg on their services and thought they were really going crazy.

Also why do I find myself asking if we are, in fact, the bad guys?

Jeez, Emil vaporizes one village by accident - a village that everyone hates anyways - and everyone dogpiles.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Surely the uncut version would've processed by now, but it's still 360p only.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Fae's not wrong that between the Yonah piano theme and just the tone of the voice acting in the cutscene that this last trip to town has a very sombre mood. It's just... not the actual endgame quite yet. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The King of Facade is a good character.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

I thought I had gotten an epileptic seizure after the first loop because you puled it off so well.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

I was kind of hoping for a moment that you would just keep looping that for the full 26 minutes

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I actually had to pause the video and check to make sure it wasn't repeating itself.

Also, I look forward to more Faerie Fortune Questions about What The gently caress Is Happening.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

:golfclap: Nicely done editing.

Seeing that boar chase in motion makes it look much more painful than I remembered it looking in Dark Id's LP.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Apologies for being a day late, I was on vacation until like an hour ago.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Hey Popola.
Devola?!

You're pretty good :ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This game is such a downer. And that's why we love it.