Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I want Murphy to be released so he can come back to Melbourne City Wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Accident Underwater posted:

That was stupid as hell. I haven't rewatched but I think he DID drop him head first except Ford managed to get his hands down and catch himself.

That match was dead but SP really have potential.

It's amazing that Dawkins might actually be wholly entertaining. I really appreciate how many opportunities NXT gives people to try new characters instead of just releasing them after their first flop.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo does Montez Ford have charisma to spare

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Jenny Angel posted:

Holy poo poo does Montez Ford have charisma to spare

Angelo Dawkins had better hope so!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Blake was always destined to be the Jannety of "Blake and Murphy" so slumming it in cheap HHH cosplay probably seals the deal

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The dances will get meme heat but Ford's clearly got more than that. Crisp ringwork, gets good air, connects with even the dumbest Florida crowds.

idk if the Street Profits section was planted or not but in a few weeks' time they probably won't need plants. If they're any good on the mic they could be Enzo / Cass II

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Basic Chunnel posted:

The dances will get meme heat but Ford's clearly got more than that. Crisp ringwork, gets good air, connects with even the dumbest Florida crowds.

idk if the Street Profits section was planted or not but in a few weeks' time they probably won't need plants. If they're any good on the mic they could be Enzo / Cass II

I'm not sure the coming to the ring with the red cup is a good idea. Or rather, it's a good idea for the university crowd who like to party, but I don't think it has legs outside full sail.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 11, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

are you referring to the chalice

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Murphy is considered as "uncoachable" aka has a bad attitude and/or has rubbed coaches up the wrong way.

WWE doesn't really release people anymore and his relationship with Alexa Bliss will likely save him but if WWE was more trigger happy he'd likely be released.

No clue if he is in Total Divas or not or how much for the record.

Ah, so 'uncoachable' in the same way as Rollins and Ohno, meaning "knows what he's doing already and doesn't like being patronised"?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Wazzu posted:

I'm not sure the coming to the ring with the red cup is a good idea. Or rather, it's a good idea for the university crowd who like to party, but I don't think it has legs outside full sail.

I think the red solo cup is such an ubiquitous symbol that it'd play to any crowd, it's a great choice for a prop. There's even a Toby Keith song about them.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Push the inexplicable 1950s greasers to the moon!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UINRauNwCqQ

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Asuka recently did an interview with Newsweek, talking about her time in WWE, among other things. Notable things include WWE signing her to add credibility to the Womens Revolution, and the fact that she has an incredibly close working relationship with Triple H.

quote:

Levesque, however, always knew his star signing would make it in WWE, and the wrestler-turned-executive’s early belief in Asuka has manifested into a close working relationship. “I have a big trust in him,” the champ says. “Whenever I have an idea, I always talk to him. He always gives me amazing advice.”

HOWEVER, the most intriguing point of the article is:

quote:

Next to step up to bat is Ember Moon, whom Asuka defeated once before, in April, at NXT TakeOver: Orlando. They will compete again at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III August 19, and the Reddit scuttlebutt is that Moon could end Asuka’s record-making run. Not so, says Asuka. “I’m going to go to TakeOver and beat Ember Moon and keep my title. Then I will probably go to Raw or SmackDown and get another title.

http://www.newsweek.com/wwe-wrestling-serena-williams-asuka-500-days-nxt-womens-champion-goldberg-649728

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 12, 2017

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I bring the swag like no body can

U N I T Y

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

why is that notable?

did you expect her to say "yeah i'm totally going to lose to ember then go up and be wasted on the main roster"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Go RV! posted:

why is that notable?

did you expect her to say "yeah i'm totally going to lose to ember then go up and be wasted on the main roster"

She could've said "maybe the Mae Young Classic will bring me new competition worthy of me" instead of bringing up the main roster.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
Went to the NXT show in San Jose last night. It was pretty alright, got to see this match from ringside: http://i.imgur.com/rgFxfGo.jpg

Never sat first row before, so that was cool. Scratched that off my wrestling show to do list.

Got to fist bump Kassius Ohno and did a too sweet with Drew McIntyre. AoP dropped their tag titles under the barricade right at our feet: http://i.imgur.com/3cnrhCi.jpg

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Lazer posted:

Went to the NXT show in San Jose last night. It was pretty alright, got to see this match from ringside: http://i.imgur.com/rgFxfGo.jpg

Never sat first row before, so that was cool. Scratched that off my wrestling show to do list.

Got to fist bump Kassius Ohno and did a too sweet with Drew McIntyre. AoP dropped their tag titles under the barricade right at our feet: http://i.imgur.com/3cnrhCi.jpg

I was there too! It was a pretty cool show and I got to see Gargano almost take out the front row on that suicide dive.

BTW you can see Dave Meltzer at ringside in the first pic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So do we have any idea what's happening next week? Last I checked, the tapings only went up to what happened this week.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

So do we have any idea what's happening next week? Last I checked, the tapings only went up to what happened this week.

There are probably a few matches next week (Roddy vs Drew is one of them), plus a contract signing b/w Moon and Asuka.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DarkstarIV posted:

There are probably a few matches next week (Roddy vs Drew is one of them), plus a contract signing b/w Moon and Asuka.

It's that, and probably 30 minutes of video packages. Pre-Takeover shows has always been pretty light on new content.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The ex-ROHers report to NXT the Monday after Takeover.

https://twitter.com/DonovanDijak/status/891849974497071104
https://twitter.com/MCWWrestling/status/896444862832181250

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Neither Dijak nor Rush seem like "sitting in the crowd at Takeover" types of signings. I guess that'd be Cole?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

i have nxt takeover tix and i'm nervous it wont be a great card and should have dropped the extra cash for summerslam :/

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

magiccarpet posted:

i have nxt takeover tix and i'm nervous it wont be a great card and should have dropped the extra cash for summerslam :/

NXT Takeover will be fine/great. Black/Itami will be great, and Moon/Asuka will be decent or great, even if the build hasn't been handled well.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Roode hasn't had a bad Takeover match since winning the title and Drew can go. We could conceivably get a Kairi dark match and will probably see Lars Sullivan rag doll a feckless jobber. It's gonna be a good show.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How many Takeovers in a row have people been doubting the Takeover card on paper and then the Takeover just goes and slaughters the main roster PPV the next day anyway.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

We haven't really had a weak Takeover yet. I think it benefits mostly from the relatively simple storytelling. There's never really been a sense that the PPVs don't matter (for a long stretch there, NXT's problem was that the weekly shows felt inessential)

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

No you're right it just seems that Raw/Smackdown have been pulling all the talent (which is understandable).

Takeover 1 in BK had Finn/KO :/

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

magiccarpet posted:

No you're right it just seems that Raw/Smackdown have been pulling all the talent (which is understandable).

Takeover 1 in BK had Finn/KO :/

And it wasn't even the best match on the card!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

We should see the rubber match between Burch and Busick too, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

And it wasn't even the best match on the card!

Hell, in retrospect Bayley and Sasha should've been the main event. I get that they wanted the ladder match to be the main because gimmick match for the title should be treated as important, but it wouldn't have hurt anything.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Hell, in retrospect Bayley and Sasha should've been the main event.

I don't remember a Takeover Finn main evented where "x should've been the main event instead" wasn't accurately said afterwards

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

magiccarpet posted:

This echos others, but if the house shows are any indication, you're going to see some really good matches Saturday.

Black and Hideo was good; Gargano went all out; Asuka/Ember Moon was okay, but I expect their Takeover match to be good, I just hope it doesn't have the same finish. I didn't see Drew vs. Roode, but Roode and Strong put on a great main event. So I expect nothing less on Saturday for Roode/Drew.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Poor JoJo

https://twitter.com/JoJoOffermanCom/status/897200556711829504

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That is terrible and RIP but I have to question the choice of photo there

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Perhaps it was just the most recent?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

flashy_mcflash posted:

I sometimes forget that these twitter links crop the photos, so I honestly thought the photo was just a shot of her cleavage with her face cut off the edge of the frame.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I sometimes forget that these twitter links crop the photos, so I honestly thought the photo was just a shot of her cleavage with her face cut off the edge of the frame.

Oh poo poo that's what I actually saw. My bad, friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/897877081563971585

• Locked thread