Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
If you have LR Frieza, he really does some damage to the PHY form, especially if your you're only farming for dupes and already have LR Goku. Ran double LR Goku's, LR Freiza, Bee Pan, Broly Videl, Hyper Meta-Rilldo and Cyborg Tao, and haven't had much issue with the event. Out of 8 runs only have gotten 1 dupe so far, so that's going to take a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Got a dupe on my first run which was nice and encouraging.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Bulma strat is super good. So much easier than trying to pull it off with super strikes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Which INT SSJ Goku can be used in the LR Goku fight?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Echophonic posted:

I'm going to give this Bulma strategy a shot, seems like it should do quite nicely. Don't have Possessed Gohan, since I skipped that event. I'll have to Z-Awaken Eis and TEQ Arale with the Zeni I don't have after Broly and the Androids, but that's nothing some Mr. Right won't fix.

Edit: Oh, this is works a treat. That Bulma is pretty loving useful, after all. I'm running Bulma/Chun and Bulma/Arale on my rotation and floating 16/Eis/SSJ Goku. I'm still doing the first set of medals, but I'll probably do Grandpa Gohan/Penguin Village Goku/Tao for the PHY stage.

Agreed, Bulma is a great performer here.
Wish I had more of the suggested cards though.

Right now, I've got Bulma, Jackie Chun, Arale, 16, Dr. Lychee and Mighty Mask, since I wanted to double down on Bulma's TEQ buffs a litte more. Not sure if that's better or worse than having the 3 INT floaters, rather than the one.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think you want any INT floaters you can get, but going for more offensive is probably valid, too. I was considering INT FF Cooler, since he shows up with 5000 def with his passive, which is decent for a free card.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
holy poo poo I tried to half-rear end this Bulma strategy running errands today

Finally got home and tried it- THANK YOU NERDS

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You don't even need a fully dokkaned super strike, the two Bulmas themselves do enough work with SA on their own, and the floater STR guys have been good enough at blocking just at awakened 60/80 SSR.

I'm simultaneously glad that Dokkan encouraged me to run that stage 70 times and a little upset I spent ~30 million and ~200 swords training up a King Vegeta team, but them's the breaks.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I just looked and it takes 777 medals to dokkan to LR Goku?!? No wonder I gave up on this the first time around. At least it's not nearly as hard and more medals are available.

Is it better to farm stage 4 or stage 3 if I want maximum medals?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Uh does that mean you need 2 x 777 medals to get a SA 20 Goku without using Kais?

I'd guess stage 3 will be better for medals if you're not going for dupe drops.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
What were the requirements to get those 50 dragonstones? Do I need to be SA20 and potential unlocked maxed?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think you just need LR Goku for the 50 stones. SA 20 gets you 10 kais, 100% potential gets you a full refund of the orbs you spent.

I've noticed the TEQ orbs are refreshing every day now, been trying to scoop them up but you need something like 4000 small orbs and I'm a long way from that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What if I already have a maxed out SA LR Goku? When do we get our stones? I still need to open his paths though so I'm getting involved with this. Still need to finish Bulma before I run out of time, I stalled in the 80% range..

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Maybe there's some event check at the end. I sorta thought the game would give you stones as soon as you got him, but it's still the first day maybe you'll get the stones soon.

edit: for reference here's the orbs you need to max out LR Goku and get the refund:

4370 small orbs
2475 medium orbs
227 large orbs

I'm about 3k small orbs and ~140 large orbs short of it, so I'm hoping I get some extra generous boards (and not the 1 node board I got today :( ).

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 13, 2017

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
How does the potential part work with dokkans? If I unlock before dokkaning it work be lost right? What if I fill the routes before dokkaning, will the routes be filled still?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah you won't lose any progress if you buy orb paths and then dokkan. Just make sure you unlock the Goku's paths asap before you dokkan him up, you can fill out all the spheres either before or after you dokkan him then.

Something I discovered relatively recently is you don't need to fill in all the orbs up to the path lock to unlock it, you can just click the 4 unlock nodes and feed your dupe even if you haven't bought any other nodes.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, it's the same card, so you keep all Potential stuff. Otherwise Reverse Medals would be worthless.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
Just starting Dokkan, is there a list of which character is worth not rerolling for?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

At this point rerolling isn't worth the trouble in my opinion.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If you are going to reroll, I think SSJ4 Goku is the best character you can get overall right now.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

We have an occasional discussion about just having a goddamn reroll button on the first gacha. I think it evaluates down to increasing our download numbers. At least two other games I've looked over have a reroll button though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I would like to spend dragon stones on potential orbs tia.

Free Goku seems okay now he's awakened.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh neat, Kid Vegeta Super Strike. This is new, right? That or I missed it the first go around. I'm t for 5 on getting copies to up his SA.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

Oh neat, Kid Vegeta Super Strike. This is new, right? That or I missed it the first go around. I'm t for 5 on getting copies to up his SA.

Yep he's new. Glad we're getting another Kid Vegeta finally, though I don't know if he's any good.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yep he's new. Glad we're getting another Kid Vegeta finally, though I don't know if he's any good.

He's the best agl super strike character. Link him with his older set and watch the sparks.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
He seems pretty alright, nothing special. Attack +50% on super isn't a bad passive and his 7500 attack isn't bad for a UR*. Probably pairs well with Super Strike Vegeta or King Vegeta for Frieza.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New Leaf posted:

This was meant to be "5 for 5", I was on my phone.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Kid Vegeta looks to have gotten the rate boost. I went 5 drops in 4 runs, since I got a King Vegeta addition to the fight. Have him up to UR*, seems solid enough.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've been rolling the reddit suggested TEQ Bulma team on Goku's stage 4 to great success. Going all the way to get 24 Goku drops from this one stage instead of doing the R Goku -> SR Angel Goku -> SSR SSJ Goku -> awaken and feed Goku path, I think I'd rather spend more stamina on that last stage and get less medals instead of literally emptying my account of training equipment and Zenni not to mention the sheer amount of time spent training those guys.

The only real variable in whether I can beat the event itemless vs have to use a Senzu bean or Yemma is whether I can get some ki boosts for Jackie Chun on the way to the boss. If I can then it's almost impossible not to get his super off, otherwise I have to be pretty vigilant on the LR Goku phase with my finger on the "switch app" button.

One tip I think really helps is to make sure that I go into the LR Goku phase with the Bulma/Jackie rotation instead of the other one, even if it means intentionally not getting Bulma to 9 ki on Jackie's turn to keep from killing phase 2 Goku too early.

I do have some buyer's remorse speccing Bulma for evasion instead of crit, the evasion is great to see when you avoid an LR Goku SA but it doesn't come up often enough to be a game changer.

For reference this is the team I'm running:

TEQ Bulma
TEQ Jackie Chun
TEQ Dr. Raichi (Lychee?)
STR General Tao
STR Grandpa Gohan
STR Future Trunks

I tried this team with most of the STR units undokkaned into their SSR Super Strikes, and after dokkaning them there's really not too much difference in how effective they are as blockers, you can probably just awaken their SR and keep them at SA 1 and they'll take about the same damage as they would awakened and maxed. At this point I don't even try to get their SA off unless it's Tao, I just use them to stack up rainbow orbs and a good path for Jackie.

Also I've tried running the same team with a friend LR Goku instead of Bulma and while it's faster, it's not faster by much and the team feels a lot more fragile without the double healing. Maybe with two LR Goku's and Bulma just as a regular team member it's a different story.

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 14, 2017

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

I do have some buyer's remorse speccing Bulma for evasion instead of crit, the evasion is great to see when you avoid an LR Goku SA but it doesn't come up often enough to be a game changer.

Don't be. Mine is specced for Criticals and they don't come very often. When my friend's Bulma is specced for evasion, I generally see more evasions than criticals (probably because I tasked Bulma with blocking multiple hits).

Criticals are really nice when they come though. Nothing like Bulma following up her first super with a critical super and finishing off the entire first round of LR Goku in a single turn.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Ahhh, just one more node for 100% Bulma so I can run LR Goku into the ground...

:catstare:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ranzear posted:

Ahhh, just one more node for 100% Bulma so I can run LR Goku into the ground...

:catstare:

You must grind before you can grind.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Threw my half-awakened team at the Goku Grind and they did way better than they should. I never expected Monster Carrot to be this useful, but he gets some work done.

Not reliable enough to really do the grind yet but once I get everyone awakened it's gonna be smooth sailing.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

You've tried first grind, but have you tried second grind?

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

The Ninth Layer posted:

TEQ Bulma
TEQ Jackie Chun
TEQ Dr. Raichi (Lychee?)
STR General Tao
STR Grandpa Gohan
STR Future Trunks

If you want more KI/Attack for your Bulma then trade Lychee, Tao and Trunks for the STR penguin village kid Goku, the TEC Arale, and STR Bee Pan. All of them have some link that gives her atleast +2 KI. Goku even links with Chun and Grandpa Gohan too.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Goku won't be in a rotation with G. Gohan ever.

Two rotations should ideally be Bulma/Chun and Bulma/Arale with the three STR floaters

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Also boy do I feel bad I'm not really using that max Chilled :qq:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Aurora posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvTgV5EoGY&t=171s

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Aurora posted:

A photographer took pictures of people before and after she called them beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Aurora posted:

You can't run them both on the same team though right? Don't they have the same name? Unlike these walking crit machines.