Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Should I bother doing that regeneration thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Short answer: yes

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

what the gently caress was that

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

vyst posted:

Should I bother doing that regeneration thing?

Certain armor camos and colors are locked behind regen levels. Also any upgrades you purchase with credits is automatically unlocked even if you regen so by the 4th go round you very likely have bought all the components of a load out you're comfortable with, so regeneration becomes less of a hassle.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eXRiUs2BtA

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/VOflOqY.gifv

It is never not fun to drop a titan on somebody.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

That final wave of War Games is supremely cool because I have to kill 9 mortar titans by myself while my team stands in front of the turret castle near the harvester.

It's especially awesome that they don't change their tactics after two wipes

I wish that's what it was like. More often, I'm of, doing a great job killing the mortar titans. And then "Friend Titan is Attacking Your Target" "Friendly Titan is Attacking You Target"

Half my team is here. Shooting the mortar titans that I'm about to kill. Oh look, there are 12 enemy titans around the harvester just pummeling it. You all decided that I wasn't doing a good enough job completely demolishing the mortar titans so you came to help. Thanks.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's a bit of a tossup what happens, but I'm more frustrated when I clear out the mortar titans but the other players just can't handle the horde of Scorches, Ions, Arc Titans, and Reapers that have inevitably closed in while I'm off mortar-hunting.

Usually this happens when we have a Monarch and a Tone, or two Monarchs, on the team. And they can't be arsed to go chase the Mortars so I have to despite being in a Northstar or, worse, a Legion/Scorch.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah it's usually me as a scorch watching the minimap for 10-15 seconds and seeing no arrows go for the mortars. At least I put my point into the dash ability

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I haven't played in about six months, is Ion good now? Quite liking Monarch, but Scorch is still my favourite and feels the most familiar. Tone and Ronin feel...I dunno...off? Were there any major changes I missed?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

http://i.imgur.com/VOflOqY.gifv

It is never not fun to drop a titan on somebody.

Fun fact dropping a Titan on a nuclear Titan in fd doesn't trigger the explosion.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Vlex posted:

I haven't played in about six months, is Ion good now? Quite liking Monarch, but Scorch is still my favourite and feels the most familiar. Tone and Ronin feel...I dunno...off? Were there any major changes I missed?

Ion was good 6 months ago. She's been nerfed since, reduction to laser shot cone, as well as the shot's damage and you can no longer double tap with it. It's a bout a 5 second wait but it feels longer than that. Also it's hard for me to use Ion in Attrition when I know I could really put some mileage as a Monarch, so I guess Monarch was also kind of a nerf?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

Fun fact dropping a Titan on a nuclear Titan in fd doesn't trigger the explosion.

I was testing that theory, which is why I backed up.
Also didn't want to get trick shotted by that other nuke

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I was testing that theory, which is why I backed up.
Also didn't want to get trick shotted by that other nuke

Not only it doesn't trigger nuclear explosion but you can use your dome titan to block others for a long time while you align 4 or 5 to a fast reload thunderbolt. You can kill like 10 titans from the drop and Zeus' righteous bollocks.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Wazzit posted:

Ion was good 6 months ago. She's been nerfed since, reduction to laser shot cone, as well as the shot's damage and you can no longer double tap with it. It's a bout a 5 second wait but it feels longer than that. Also it's hard for me to use Ion in Attrition when I know I could really put some mileage as a Monarch, so I guess Monarch was also kind of a nerf?

I just picked up this game so I missed the pre-nerf version but Laser Shot is still ridiculous good. I'm surprised it doesn't have a very short chargeup like the Charge Rifle.

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 14, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ion is more than viable for FD and PVP. The other titans are arguably better, sure. As an Ion main his nerfs were lame but; they were also fair, though.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Vlex posted:

There have been nerfs to the splash radius of the 40mm, Salvo Core's damage, and the cooldown of the sonar Pulse. Plus all titans except for Ronin received nerfs to titan melee range. Biggest nerf in my mind is that enemy titans know when you have a lock on them, so if you're running Ion or Ronin, it's fairly easy to dodge the rocket salvo. Tone is still pretty good but I'd say Ronin and Ion have higher ceilings at this point.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Guillermus posted:

Not only it doesn't trigger nuclear explosion but you can use your dome titan to block others for a long time while you align 4 or 5 to a fast reload thunderbolt. You can kill like 10 titans from the drop and Zeus' righteous bollocks.
Speaking of, that's why I prefer the dome shield over the warpfall transmitter: it's not too hard to titanfall AIs even with the longer delay and being able to lock down a chokepoint with an invulnerable barrier can be invaluable.
Also I don't have to worry about losing my freshly-dropped titan if it lands near a doomed nuke titan. :v:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Who is better than scorch for fd? That dude just shits out damage and the choke points on some maps make it comical, not to mention what his shield does to fliers.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I thought scorch was just okay then I got three upgrades and whelp top of scoreboard every time now

A Northstar can probably poo poo out sameish damage if they're lining up shots on multiple titans

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Scorch and Northstar are by far the strongest for FD.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

xxEightxx posted:

Who is better than scorch for fd? That dude just shits out damage and the choke points on some maps make it comical, not to mention what his shield does to fliers.

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah I thought scorch was just okay then I got three upgrades and whelp top of scoreboard every time now

A Northstar can probably poo poo out sameish damage if they're lining up shots on multiple titans

I've always been a Scorch guy, but hot drat, once you get those first few upgrades... :getin:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is tone good in coop

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Once you get the 40mm splash radious upgrade it gets better. Use the improved sonar perk for two ticks and you'll be making GBS threads rockets all day.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Guillermus posted:

Once you get the 40mm splash radious upgrade it gets better. Use the improved sonar perk for two ticks and you'll be making GBS threads rockets all day.

The upgraded sonar has the added bonus of making the Northstar on your team amazingly more effective as it can now line up shots through the smoke with ease.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Exposure posted:

I have made a terrible mistake: I have put off getting the basic banner for the Wingman until now.

Like Mozambique? Still pretty sweet. So is the RE-45 once you realize you need to ADS with it. P2016 was more tricky but honestly I feel like it's tricky for non-damage related reasons (ie I really want a reflex sight on it when I'm not relying on the hipfire).

Wingman Elite was really ehhhhh with the ammo and damage changes, and from what I've heard, the normal Wingman's even worse with it apparently being a three shot for body shots now.
Some of them weren't terrible, but I feel like the pistol nerfs were something that nobody asked for and only serve to make pistol banners take longer.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Flipswitch posted:

Scorch and Northstar are by far the strongest for FD.

legion can be pretty clutch for deleting nuke titans with his power shot when they get too close to allies or the harvester. also getting the dreadnought aegis upgrade turns you in to the big gun daddy and is great fun

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Skyscraper posted:

Some of them weren't terrible, but I feel like the pistol nerfs were something that nobody asked for and only serve to make pistol banners take longer.
Pistol nerfs were like some monkey's paw-esque type poo poo with TF2 going back to 3 weapon slots

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

I formed a guild on Android: "Titanfall Goons" feel free to join up, I made it private but it doesn't seem like there's anyway to put in a password so I guess I'll just have to accept invites.

in as Mando250

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Insert name here posted:

monkey's paw-esque type poo poo
:haw:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What loadout is everyone using in Titanfall Assault?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

radintorov posted:

Speaking of, that's why I prefer the dome shield over the warpfall transmitter: it's not too hard to titanfall AIs even with the longer delay and being able to lock down a chokepoint with an invulnerable barrier can be invaluable.
Also I don't have to worry about losing my freshly-dropped titan if it lands near a doomed nuke titan. :v:

I use warpfall because I don't want to be that rear end in a top hat who drops his titan right in the middle of a crucial firefight, and ends up blocking every shot fired, and then takes a whole 10 minutes to get his lovely Ronin out of my way

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I use warpfall because I don't want to be that rear end in a top hat who drops his titan right in the middle of a crucial firefight, and ends up blocking every shot fired, and then takes a whole 10 minutes to get his lovely Ronin out of my way

As a Scorch player...gently caress that guy

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Warpfall and phase embark are pretty cool for FD.

Just hit rank 20 with Ion so that's all of 'em! Please enable aegis upgrades in regular multiplayer now, Respawn. :getin:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Eyud posted:

Warpfall and phase embark are pretty cool for FD.

Just hit rank 20 with Ion so that's all of 'em! Please enable aegis upgrades in regular multiplayer now, Respawn. :getin:

Phase Embark is cool in general. Use it!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yea Phase Embark is really nice, really cuts the entry time right down and it's a lot better than it reads.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

All my muscle memory's on pc so my gamepad play on ps4 is pretty weak, but retained map knowledge and familiarity with player habits means I usually do okay. But tonight I was so bad, I got someone to shout at me over mic, though granted this was after I'd lucked my way into killing him repeatedly with stupid, dumb luck bullshit. The guy was like Gen 9 and I was barely Gen 3. My tv volume was set low so I couldn't make out exactly what they were saying, except my name, repeatedly, in increasingly exasperated tones and a series of syllables that sounded suspiciously like "you loving suck you loving suck how are you so bad at this game." They later ragequit in despair when they noticed they were on my team again, but not before I shot ahead of them on the scoreboard with a few pilot kills in the first half-minute while they were busy moaning.

And then I managed to make it to the top 3 of that match with Legion, and I almost never play legion outside of FD. Here's to you, WrsUrCrlyMustach, you incredibly salty, stupid bastard.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I also helped what I assume was a ten-year-old kid stumble his way through Black Water Canal. He seemed confused by why I would take a Northstar up onto the bridge and not park by the base with him, but he seemed to appreciate the fact that you can actually put arc mines on the mortar titan spots. He also panic-hit shield invulnerability when mortars started happening, which while not necessarily the correct option in that situation, was appreciated. Even if I had to chuckle a little.

Hearing a small child look at my score after the match and say, out loud, "holy crap" was a pretty good note to end that session on. Felt like a goddamn hero, which definitely turned my mood around from being repeatedly dunked on in Attrition.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

moist turtleneck posted:

That final wave of War Games is supremely cool because I have to kill 9 mortar titans by myself while my team stands in front of the turret castle near the harvester.

It's especially awesome that they don't change their tactics after two wipes

If I'm still dealing with poo poo after two wipes I just give up and take a cold shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Should I feel bad about setting off a nuke titan as some idiot is right next to it, resulting in their death?
Or am I teaching them about situational awareness?

SmallpoxJenkins fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 16, 2017