Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

That doesn't sound like the jury sided with her. It sounds like they conceded she was correct and they decided to say "gently caress you even though you're right".

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Tonk posted:

youd think they would wait for him to leave office before whitewashing everything
:golfclap:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what the gently caress

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

is that the libertarian hot dog stand the guy worked at?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

gently caress YOU TRUMP YOU ARE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF poo poo

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Are these people protesting in NYC retarded? What do they hope to accomplish. They should go home and stop embarrassing themselves.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

prefect posted:

That doesn't sound like the jury sided with her. It sounds like they conceded she was correct and they decided to say "gently caress you even though you're right".

no.

she countersued, literally asking for $1. she's already a star. she already has money. the "you're just looking for fame and fortune" argument (see: bill cosby) bounces off her.

the judge threw out the original suit, where he sued her for ~~~causing his wrongful termination~~~ because he groped her and she dared to--silently--speak up about it

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

chargers and challengers all look the same to me i'm a car racist deal with it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

thats a good price to touch an rear end but really WHAT THE GFUCK

juche avocado posted:

no.

she countersued, literally asking for $1.

oh ok.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

more like Fill Kessel

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

D1E posted:

gently caress YOU TRUMP YOU ARE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF poo poo

wow, rude

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

oh she was actually counter-suing for $1 as a symbol or something i guess??? still weird

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

juche avocado posted:

gently caress YEAH

this is what i'm reduced to, lol, claiming this as a grand victory for feemsinsms

its good

Jazerus posted:

oh she was actually counter-suing for $1 as a symbol or something i guess??? still weird

the guy was making a huge loving deal about it, wanting to sue her for millions so she just sued back for a dollar because its all hot air and poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

1$ is necessary for jurisdiction and a reflection that damages would be difficult to prove but do exist

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

juche avocado posted:

no.

she countersued, literally asking for $1.

the judge threw out the original suit, where he sued her for ~~~causing his wrongful termination~~~ because he groped her and she dared to--silently--speak up about it

Its the harshest possible own, actually. Suing for a dollar is the YOU ARE MY BITCH of suing someone

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Mr President posted:

Are these people protesting in NYC retarded? What do they hope to accomplish. They should go home and stop embarrassing themselves.

make themselves feel like they did something and i wouldn't be surprised if the orange pissbaby gets all butthurt about having protesters with orange rat themed art projects

might get some good tweets out of the tantrum

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Jazerus posted:

no it isn't because the patriar--

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The guy probably lost a lot of money in attorney's fees at least

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

juche avocado posted:

no.

she countersued, literally asking for $1. she's already a star. she already has money. the "you're just looking for fame and fortune" argument (see: bill cosby) bounces off her.

okay, now i feel less sad :)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/ananavarro/status/897170452854059008

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

if hehas to pay her attorney fees too that's a lotsa matza for a local fired radio DJ

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I've been out of it, did the piss brain really say he's gonna pardon joe arpaio and then get mad that the media didn't suck his dick over that speech

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hey ana navarro. you suck rear end. stupid idiot. bad,

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/elongreen/status/897230349184446470

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Zyla posted:

Its the harshest possible own, actually. Suing for a dollar is the YOU ARE MY BITCH of suing someone

Except for when Trump sued the NFL for 1 dollar, that one didn't go too well.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

She's still a Republican, isn't she?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The guy at my liquor store asked me to explain the Taylor swift lawsuit. He was shocked and furious when I explained that no, that DJ wasn't her boyfriend when he grabbed her rear end

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wolfsheim posted:

I've been out of it, did the piss brain really say he's gonna pardon joe arpaio and then get mad that the media didn't suck his dick over that speech

Some have argued that he's just doing this poo poo to show his Klan buddies that he's really on their side after all, even though the big mean media made him say he didn't like them.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

that's not a bad joke for a conservative tbqh.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

juche avocado posted:

gently caress YEAH

this is what i'm reduced to, lol, claiming this as a grand victory for feemsinsms

I mean considering Kei$ha is still in legal hell with her contract with her rapist producer I think it is a genuine win to have any level of accountability in showbiz even when the victim is the wealthy star.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

^^^ agreed wholeheartedly, i just think it's kinda sad how legit surprised i am that Best Possible Rulings came out of this

god drat rip all my ninja edits

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

but yeah a dollar is the minval of suing someone for remedies. It's almost always spite/idontwant/idontneed/gently caress you/im just proving a point/

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

magiccarpet posted:

i love to watch nazis scramble

i prefer them poached :getin:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

remember when she said she was a republican because she loved the Contras murdering and raping people

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

juche avocado posted:

no it isn't because the patriar--

gently caress the goddamn patriarchy in the rear end for a dollar fee now :woop:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

the guy who drove his car into protesters probably did more to shut down alt right gatherings than any of the protesters did

Absolutely. I don't even know how many fewer injuries there would have been without him but, the media would have just recited a number, without context as to who caused the injuries and moved on to the next story.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

"A crime punisher" is basically his ideology, it's how he considers certain things which are not crimes, like being non-white, as more serious crimes than things like white terrorism, which are actually crimes.

The most charitable read of it all is that his desire to show those punk kids what for is stronger than his white nationalist sympathies.

The one I actually suspect is the case is that if he can establish stomping domestic terrorists into the ground (which is of course well deserved here) then he has that much more cover to do any draconian poo poo he pleases in the name of "prosecuting domestic terrorism", a crime which can be stretched to include "talking back to a police officer who has just shot your husband fifty times"/"getting your legal weed prescription filled"/"being a punk kid".

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lastgirl posted:

gently caress the goddamn patriarchy in the rear end for a dollar fee now :woop:

gently caress everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/i124nk8/status/897071862508912641

• Locked thread