Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I didn't think I would like the RF part of SR RF but there's something really fun about running by packs of mobs and watching them just all melt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you can scale both the phys and ele part, you can stack penetration which functions like a more multiplier, ele effects are powerful

Thanks .

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

My SR RF MoM Inquisitor, CiaphasKamehameha, is able to do T14s no sweat and T15s with a bit of luck and probably some deaths. I'd like to be able to try my hand at Guardians and Shaper. Are there any notable improvements left to be made here that would help me cross that wall, or am I getting near the point where the build reliability peters out?

I'm rather poor at this point unfortunately, yesterday was not good for loot considering how much I spent on chisels, alchs, scours and the odd Vaal. :(

That build killed shaper on hardcore on day2.

Here was his tree before he respeced the character into a low life version.

Some quick observations - your belt looks real old. You could use a belt of the deceiver for 10% increased damage, or just any other better rare belt. If you find a source of +1 curse, you could run witchfire brew. Or even run witchfire brew anyways for the damage aside from the curse. Beyond that, level 21 scorching ray and a 6th link of course, but both of those are expensive I know. I also noticed you aren't running decoy totem - I strongly recommend it, even as a 1 link wonder. It will give you a lot more room to breathe in tough spots.

J fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 14, 2017

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

Jazerus posted:

zombies are very good in 3.0, not bothering with them is not wise now

the life leech at 1000 strength is a big deal too

I have no experience with zombies but some of the most proficient Necro players in PoE still don't use them in their 3.0 guides, so I don't know if you can really call it unwise. I'm still interested in trying it though if I ever get a Baron.

Mizar
Jul 28, 2005
Ugh
So I vaal'd a carnage heart and it rolled "minions deal 15% increased damage". There isn't anything on poe.trade and I'm not super familiar with the SRS fotm build to know if this is really good or not.

Can anyone running a summoner help me out?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whats the best thing to be ancient orbing? chest and flask?

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Mizar posted:

So I vaal'd a carnage heart and it rolled "minions deal 15% increased damage". There isn't anything on poe.trade and I'm not super familiar with the SRS fotm build to know if this is really good or not.

Can anyone running a summoner help me out?

Summoners don't leech life. So probably not worth anything.

Mizar
Jul 28, 2005
Ugh

Mr. Whale posted:

Summoners don't leech life. So probably not worth anything.

Darn, thanks!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Awesome! posted:

whats the best thing to be ancient orbing? chest and flask?

Unique maps might be really worth it too

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

J posted:

That build killed shaper on hardcore on day2.

Here was his tree before he respeced the character into a low life version.

Some quick observations - your belt looks real old. You could use a belt of the deceiver for 10% increased damage, or just any other better rare belt. If you find a source of +1 curse, you could run witchfire brew. Or even run witchfire brew anyways for the damage aside from the curse. Beyond that, level 21 scorching ray and a 6th link of course, but both of those are expensive I know. I also noticed you aren't running decoy totem - I strongly recommend it, even as a 1 link wonder. It will give you a lot more room to breathe in tough spots.

Wow, I didn't know he killed hardcore shaper with a build like this. Gives me a lot of confidence.

Thanks for the advice, I'll belt up first and foremost. I can probably get 50 more life or so on that alone, I didn't even notice it for some reason.

And I always forget about decoy totem jesus loving christ :doh:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

dead in real life posted:

I have no experience with zombies but some of the most proficient Necro players in PoE still don't use them in their 3.0 guides, so I don't know if you can really call it unwise. I'm still interested in trying it though if I ever get a Baron.

My main character in the league is SRS/Zombies and my main problem is my own squishiness more than anything else, mostly from spreading myself too thin getting a lot of non-defensive nodes. With a Mon'tregul's Grasp my zombies have like 12.8k HP and I'm also using a Daresso's Courage with Necromantic Aegis, my zombies are functionally immortal. On top of all that I have 2 Violent Dead jewels to buff them even further. The Act 10 final boss couldn't even make a dent in those fuckers with all his bullshit.

Zombies are real good.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

My main character in the league is SRS/Zombies and my main problem is my own squishiness more than anything else, mostly from spreading myself too thin getting a lot of non-defensive nodes. With a Mon'tregul's Grasp my zombies have like 12.8k HP and I'm also using a Daresso's Courage with Necromantic Aegis, my zombies are functionally immortal. On top of all that I have 2 Violent Dead jewels to buff them even further. The Act 10 final boss couldn't even make a dent in those fuckers with all his bullshit.

Zombies are real good.

mind over matter + the covenant will give you a lot of burst survivability while making mana depletion meaningless (this also gives your srs added chaos damage which is very good)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

10bux posted:

I've noticed quite a few goons wanting to play one of the Pathfinder/Raider Elemental Wander builds, so I just wanted to make a quick post to hopefully help you buy the best wand. Let me say first off, even though the wands aren't 10ex+ like the old phys wand builds, wanders are still expensive as gently caress too make. Keep that in mind if you wanna make one.

Anyway, in my opinion, your wand MUST have ALL of of the following four criteria:

1. Imbued Wand Base
2. Lightning Damage
3. Attack Speed
4. Crit Chance

Now I guarantee if you search for a wand with all four of the above plus something like... 180+ elemental dps, you are looking at wands costing many exalts. The good news is Master crafting wands is very good, specifically Increased Attack Speed and Increased Critical Strike Chance. This allows us many unique options for buying a wand.

Outlined below is my recommendation for buying a wand, which will cost whatever you pay for the wand, plus 2-4 exalted. Remember exalts are trading for 45:1c currently, so 180 chaos. Anyone who's played a wander will tell you this is cheap as gently caress for a wand that's almost impossible to replace for less then 20ex or something. If you cannot afford the 2-4 price, then use Piscator's Unique.

HOW TO BUY A GOOD ELEMENTAL WAND:

Step 1: Search poe.trade/poeapp for an Imbued Wand with 180+ Elemental DPS

Step 2: Look only at the wands with High Lightning Damage (T1/T2) and High Fire or Cold Damage (T1-T3). Then use one of the methods outlined below:

Wand One: First, look to see if there's any with 10%+++ Increased Attack Speed and an open suffix; or 20-25%+++ increased Critical Strike Chance with an open suffix. If there is, and its less then 2-4ex with the elemental damage above, this is a good deal and a good wand, I'd buy it. Take note that the third prefix and suffix really don't matter as long as you have the four criteria. however, WED, Multi, a 3rd Ele dmg, Increased Lightning Damage, etc are all nice bonuses and can actually make the wand worth a lot more then 4ex and still be a good deal. Good loving luck finding this wand before everyone else does though. If there are none, go on to Wand Two.

Wand Two: Now look for a wand with the necessary elemental DPS and ZERO suffixes. If there's one for 1-2ex or less, go ahead and buy it, it's a good deal (again, third prefix isn't a huge deal). Then with Elreon 8, you pay 2ex for "can have multiple crafted mods," and craft crit chance attack speed. If there aren't any wands like this, move onto Wand Three.

Wand Three: This is usually going to be your best bet in my opinion. Look for a wand with the necessary elemental damage that also has a third prefix that's either OPEN; or, 3rd elemental dmg, 20%+ Elemental Damage with attacks, Increased Lightning Damage %, or something like +2 lightning gems or spell damage is decent as well, but not as desirable. Once you find one that has the right prefixes, then look at the suffixes. The only thing that matters is that it has 1-3 open suffixes, basically (2 SUFFIX MAXIMUM). Try to find one that meets those prefix/suffix requirements for 1-20chaos, but I'd definitely pay up to an exalt for T1/T1. Then, take your wand to Haku level 8 and craft "prefixes cannot be changed." Once you have done that, use an orb of scouring so that all you have left is the elemental damage prefixes. Then take it to elreon 8 and craft "can have multiple crafted mods." Then back to Tora so that you can craft attack speed, crit chance, and possibly Elemental Damage with Weapons if you got an open prefix.

If there's no goons with high enough masters on, feel free to search the forums for a crafting service. I've never had a problem in prior leagues and I almost always use the free ones, but tell the guy im going to tip him in the end.

Here's a wand I just purchased for 10chaos, and will be using step 4:

I just purchased that for 10chaos, then I'll do the Haku 8 mod "prefixes cannot be changed," scour it, then elreon 8 for "can have multiple crafted mods," then craft Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons, Increased Critical Strike Chance, Increased Attack Speed. You might have to divine a couple times to get the rolls you want but those are currently cheap.

Total cost = 10 chaos + 2 exalt + 1 scour + 2 exalt + 4 alchemy + 2 chaos. 4ex 12chaos 1 scour 4alch.

I'm guessing the answer is no but does this satisfy the requirements as a decent starter wand for this?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Has 3 suffixes, so no.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Jazerus posted:

mind over matter + the covenant will give you a lot of burst survivability while making mana depletion meaningless (this also gives your srs added chaos damage which is very good)

Well the problem is mainly that I also went in hard on auras with a Victario's Influence so a vast majority of my mana is reserved. I can probably play around in Path of Building and see what kind of adjustments I can make. I've been using either Discipline or Purity of Elements outside of my Victario's for survivability and that's a huge chunk of that mana. I've mostly abandoned this character as unsalvageable for endgame content without a shitton of Orbs of Regret but if I can save it I'll definitely try.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Well the problem is mainly that I also went in hard on auras with a Victario's Influence so a vast majority of my mana is reserved. I can probably play around in Path of Building and see what kind of adjustments I can make. I've been using either Discipline or Purity of Elements outside of my Victario's for survivability and that's a huge chunk of that mana. I've mostly abandoned this character as unsalvageable for endgame content without a shitton of Orbs of Regret but if I can save it I'll definitely try.

so where is your srs if your chest is for auras and you're wielding wand/shield? it might only seem unsalvageable because your srs is in a 4L

i would ditch all of your auras except hatred and discipline, replacing discipline with clarity once you have MoM, and transition to a covenant instead of victario's (they are like an alch so you might as well experiment). the aura effect/reduced mana reservation nodes are still very good even with just 2 auras, and necro no longer gives crazy aura stacking bonuses so you're not really losing that much. people like haste but hatred + haste seems less good than the survivability of MoM to me

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yeah, the SRS is in a 4L but damage is absolutely not an issue for me, just my own survivability. I'll play around with your suggestions later. I was also messing around with just ditching the aura nodes entirely to pick up more energy shield and a bit of mana.

All that said, I got through Act 10 boss without dying so maybe I'm not as bad off as I think I am. I just have moments of spontaneous combustion.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Just found this

This is uh, probably the most valuable ring I've ever found. drat. I threw it up for 60 chaos on a whim and got spammed with so many tells I put on DND until I can better price it. Friend advised a few exalts, at least.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

How should I be handling enchants at the end of eternal lab? Use it on my own helm to try for SR/RF buffs, or enchant some white base or another to sell?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Eyeballing it, I would probably start that ring at 200c and be happy with anything over 150c. It's a pretty crazy ring

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Are there any good guides on, basically, how to know if something is vendor trash or worth a fortune? I've just hit endgame and I barely know what I'm looking for with my own gear, let alone knowing what's valuable to sell.

e: is this advice ok? https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/56rtmk/the_is_this_item_worth_something_guide/

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 15, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I would have thrown that up for 30c and not thought about it. I'm so bad at pricing rares. :(

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I would have thrown that up for 30c and not thought about it. I'm so bad at pricing rares. :(

I mean, it's a ring with 112% resist, 70 life and a 40%+ damage modifier. It's real fuckin' hard to top that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hauki posted:

I mean, it's a ring with 112% resist, 70 life and a 40%+ damage modifier. It's real fuckin' hard to top that.

I can absolutely guarantee you that if I were in the middle of a sorting spree my eye would have seen the implicit and the 4-8 cold damage and thought "meh". Wouldn't have even seen the bottom few lines, or known that that IED affix was so powerful even if I had.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah maybe I need better loot-vision because I had no idea that was a desirable piece. Anywhere to read up on what makes a piece more valuable than another?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

How do I get to this stupid chest

I spent like 15 minutes looking for the switch, hidden coffers arent so great lootwise but i gotta know

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I can absolutely guarantee you that if I were in the middle of a sorting spree my eye would have seen the implicit and the 4-8 cold damage and thought "meh". Wouldn't have even seen the bottom few lines, or known that that IED affix was so powerful even if I had.

~70 life + two resists in the 40s is definitely always interesting, the easiest valuable combo to spot imo. the extra fire resist and elemental damage, on one of the better ring bases, are what make it expensive but even without those it would be worth trading for sure

i wonder how much it would have been worth with 5 affixes, dropping the 4-8 cold damage

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Flavahbeast posted:

How do I get to this stupid chest

I spent like 15 minutes looking for the switch, hidden coffers arent so great lootwise but i gotta know

Are there areas that you can only lightning warp/etc to? that could explain why I can never find switches to get to platforms

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Steam/reddit guides for identifying valuable gear seem to ignore sockets/links entirely - is it just expected that people will do their own fusing/chromatic-ing ?

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 15, 2017

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Zombies are real good.

This is all with a Baron, or no? If they're real good without Baron, then goddamn, I'm intrigued.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

100% resist and 70 life is in the 15-20c range, high EAD roll multiplies the price of any ring dramatically. The thing about rings that isn't immediately intuitive is that it's very hard to get good prefixes on rings, while it's pretty easy to get a lot of resist. 40% EAD and 70 life is the best of the best in terms of prefixes.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

This is all with a Baron I presume? If they're real good without Baron, then goddamn, I'm intrigued.

zombies do not need a baron to do what they describe. you don't even need mon'tregul's grasp to have functionally immortal zombies that pack a huge punch, though they are better with it.

honestly i question whether you need a baron at all, damage has not been a problem for me ever and i don't have one. the leech is probably the biggest attraction there tbh. the strength-stacking limits your build a lot though and it does basically nothing until you have a baron so maybe don't do that and try something different until you hit a hard wall and feel you need to respec to baron-using

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

awesmoe posted:

Steam/reddit guides for identifying valuable gear seem to ignore sockets/links entirely - is it just expected that people will do their own fusing/chromatic-ing ?

Sockets absolutely don't matter unless you have 5links, or 6links. In that case, colors might be an additional value added if you have a very rare color combo - 5 blue on a pure dex base - and that rare color combo is a popular one for that item. (Maybe spellcaster's are hot for Perfect Form, for some reason. Just to imagine one)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

awesmoe posted:

4 link max gear doesn't matter past the first day of a fresh league because by then fusing and jewelers will be plentiful and it only takes single digits to 4 link some gloves or such, you just don't want to waste your fusings on the first days on stuff you'll replace in a hour.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

This is all with a Baron, or no? If they're real good without Baron, then goddamn, I'm intrigued.

No Baron. Just the Mon'tregul's and Daresso's and the latter is a bit redundant since my zombies are soaring past the resist cap with it.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

awesmoe posted:

Unless it's six-linked or super early in a league, links don't add a ton

Kurash
May 12, 2008

If there's room in a guild, could someone invite IGN GreustWasRight? Please.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
33 fusings to 4l some gloves fml. Always always vorici.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Minrad posted:

Just found this

This is uh, probably the most valuable ring I've ever found. drat. I threw it up for 60 chaos on a whim and got spammed with so many tells I put on DND until I can better price it. Friend advised a few exalts, at least.

That ring is tucking insane. The elemental damage roll is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does this look good for dark pact? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956777