Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Plots not being coherent is part of all Eurojank RPGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LawfulWaffle posted:

I bought it once but ruined the disc when i soft-modded my PS2. Then I bought it again for PS3 but I don't think I invested much time into it. It's cool that they're releasing it again for people who missed it, but I can't see paying more than a few bucks for it to sit in my library.

Maybe if they made the PS4 touchpad control the brush, that'd be a cool addition.

I played it on the Wii and the aiming controls were a perfect match for the paint mechanics, they could do the same thing with the DS4's motion sensors.

I'm not going to rebuy it because it's way, way too long and once is enough.

vvvvvv Yeah, and they bound some special move to jerking the nunchuck in specific directions which worked 50% of the time at best.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 14, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

haveblue posted:

I played it on the Wii and the aiming controls were a perfect match for the paint mechanics, they could do the same thing with the DS4's motion sensors.

I'm not going to rebuy it because it's way, way too long and once is enough.

The problem with the Wii version is that it's a bitch to use any weapon except the prayer beads with motion controls.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
So as I just learned that the PS4 is actually region free, what's the best place to buy games online if you live in the central EU? I can't remember the sites I used to import games from years ago.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Lakbay posted:

Plots not being coherent is part of all Eurojank RPGs

Further proof to my theory that Eurogame storytelling peaked with The Chaos Engine.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Further proof to my theory that Eurogame storytelling peaked with The Chaos Engine.

We, europeans got The Witcher and Divinity series (it makes sense if you read!) as good ones!

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
PS3 question: I feel like picking up a racing game, what's good? Something where I can race around, upgrade and buy new cars, etc. Last one I played was Gran Turismo 3, is 6 worth picking up?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

There was a post a couple pages ago about a fried ps4 that tries to turn on, the power supply is like $50 and it's how I repaired the last one that was brought to me with that issue. Really easy replacement, basically just slots in.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Neir sidequest decision aid

Does the story hook sound interesting?
If no don't do it.

Do you like a spear(or whatever) and to upgrade it you need 5 widgets? Did google tell you xyz sidequest gives you 5 widgets?
Ok do that one.

Do you want to platinum?
If yes, reevaluate your life decisions.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guillermus posted:

We, europeans got The Witcher and Divinity series (it makes sense if you read!) as good ones!

Divinity 2 and Original Sin were both really, really good games.

Original Sin also takes ages to beat so I haven't replayed it, especially since they apparently nerfed/fixed things like getting over 100% resist so you can stand in pools of lava and heal.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Yes, me. I was never able to play it when it first came out, so I hope it's true!

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Neo Rasa posted:

I would pay many Euro's for that on PS4. Navvie supremacy!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Nice, I really liked Okami on the ps2. It was something completely different at the time.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
ive come to the conclusion that the touch pad on the ds4 is REALLY FWIGGEN DUMB

playing farcry 4 i honestly thought my controller was broken cuz my items and weapons kept swapping around which is really really annoying during a firefight and ends up with me getting killed but apparently it's the tips of my thumbs brushing the touch pad while im frantically bashing the sticks around

also going to the map screen to have the cursor immediately fly off in a random direction cuz i happened to have left my thumb lingering on the touch pad wtf

im sure there's a way to turn this off in the options although this only just occurred to me.just now but im really glad literally no other game ive played ever uses the touch pad because it's insanely dumb and pointless!!!! 😤😤😤😤

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crab hands returns

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I like the touch pad

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if your hands are big enough you can just hit all of the buttons with one thumb and one finger, maybe your hands arent large enough to properly use the controller

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't like it when the touch pad is made to act as two separate buttons because it's imprecise and fucks up sometimes

outside of that it's fine I guess but it being so big is why the option/share buttons are annoyingly small and that's a bummer

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I have to admit that every once in a while my thumbs still crash into each other while playing on dualshocks. You would think that playing videogames since 1987 would instill some ability to properly hold a controller, but I am a left handed mutant.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

OG Xbox Duke was the way and the light.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ehhh, if you had tiny baby hands maybe the duke was okay

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Liver Disaster posted:

OG Xbox Duke was the way and the light.

There was something about the grip and style of rumble the Duke had that felt so magical.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I have big hands and I am very tall ;)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I like it when the touch pad has all kinds of fun shortcut uses.

In Elite Dangerous they mapped the four corners of the touch pad to be shortcuts to the various in-game ship menus, or like in The Witcher 3 where you can swipe in various directions to bring up the map, the inventory screen, and so on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've never hit my thumbs together or accidentally touched the touch pad and I have fairly large hands

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i crashed my car into a ravine because my hands are too huge and keep bumping into each other on the steering wheel, but i saved my life and my car by putting one of my huge hands underneath to soften the blow

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Someone needs to contact the maker of the jitterbug cell phone and get them to make controllers.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Jose Oquendo posted:

Someone needs to contact the maker of the jitterbug cell phone and get them to make controllers.

Do they still sell those remotes at the dollar store that are the size of legal pads

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I managed to crush in the right-hand grip of one of my DS4s while playing a game with a relatively tight grip and now the right trigger doesn't work. These controllers are meant for babies. We need proper controllers.

We need the Duke.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

Crab hands returns

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have to use a duke controller to type my posts because if i press down on my keyboard it is crushed under the might of my huge hands

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Ew6K0W3RY

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Do they still sell those remotes at the dollar store that are the size of legal pads

Yes.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

What's the best wireless headset for PS4?

For what it's worth I went with the platinum.

The the mic sounds really clear and good but one time it fritzed out for a few seconds and sounded like the youtubes I saw. I think it may be a wireless issue. The rumbly bass isn't there like it is in some higher end headphones but overall I'm very happy with them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Platinums are ok but wayyyy overpriced for what you get

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
what the gently caress are you doing to your controllers that you crush the grips?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

screaden posted:

what the gently caress are you doing to your controllers that you crush the grips?

Real hurthling! posted:

Crab hands returns

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I don't think I'd trust someone who was exerting that much grip force and apparently unable to control it around kids.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That never happened to any other controller so I just figured DS4's were kind of fragile. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

That never happened to any other controller so I just figured DS4's were kind of fragile. :v:

I recently flung my DS4 at the wall and it left a dent but the controller was fine