Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Is it four hours from now yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

oh no I'm double dipping

someone stop me

The only cure for Mania is Sonic Mania.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

Yup, but Robotnik decided to take that criticism and own it, and thus adopted the moniker Eggman. If it weren't for his trying to take over the world and his disdain for nature, Eggman would be a pretty awesome dude.

Is SOnic Forces our first tried and true evidence that Robotnik doesn't just arbitrarily do this stuff just to gently caress with Sonic ala the Joker?? I always saw their dynamic that way and not necessarily evil.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What are you all drinking tonight.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

well, what was the page

beep by grandpa posted:

same as every night. the dank, as it is called by the wanes

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

beep by grandpa posted:

Everything sonic mania

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Is SOnic Forces our first tried and true evidence that Robotnik doesn't just arbitrarily do this stuff just to gently caress with Sonic ala the Joker?? I always saw their dynamic that way and not necessarily evil.

beep I don't doubt your status as a sonic historian but if sonic wasn't around all those innocent woodland creatures would have been turned into metallic monsters

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Why did... my avatar :(

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Wow I actually got a game over, but it's 1am and I'm exhausted so that's my excuse.

Sonic Mania is great you guys and I didn't stop grinning for the whole hour I played it. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and play it some more.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

beep by grandpa posted:

In episode 50 of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, "Robotnik's Pyramid Scheme", Sonic accidentally prevents his ancestors from meeting, Marty McFly style, and begins to disappear. Robotnik notices this, but carries on with his scheme as normal. If Robotnik were to Sonic as the Joker is to Batman, Robotnik would never tolerate Sonic the Hedgehog disappearing from existence.

Okay thank you for reading

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Sonic Mania 2 when?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/jonnyathan/status/896809411733319680

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In sonic spinball when you broke the pinball-minigame tubes American comics/cartoon characters popped out (Sally etc)

Was it like that in Japan? I can't imagine it so I'm wondering if it was just generic flickies or cuckies

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

beep by grandpa posted:

Gonna eat some some spaghettios

And wash it down with some fanta

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I think my coworker gave me her cold just in time for me to spend all tomorrow playing some Mania.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sonic Mania.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Sonic Mania.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I don't know what's up with the Spinball avatars everywhere but the person behind it has good taste.

Spinball rules and has good music.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I bought this at a game convention this summer. I'll probably drink it on the night of my wife and I's planned conception to make sure I am extra virile and our child is strong.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Gotta speed, keed

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

I bought this at a game convention this summer. I'll probably drink it on the night of my wife and I's planned conception to make sure I am extra virile and our child is strong.

Watch out for Dr. Robotnik's deadly speed traps!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

Honestly, it seems pretty clear to me that Robotnik is entirely motivated by a love of theme parks. All his industry really exists for the purpose of providing support for his theme park cities and ultimate plans for a world where all cities are hybrid metropolises and carnivals.

Sonic keeps loving it up and driving him more and more off the deep end.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

There's one thing I wanna know about Mania. How soon does Chemical Plant show up? After hearing the boss theme I really wanna see what the hell is even going on in that fight.

I'm so loving hyped save me.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

when does this game come out on USA switch eshop plz thx

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

beep by grandpa posted:

fyi half of his posts are language policing the Games forum

Also it's pretty cool how Sonic Mania, UNDERTALE and MatterFall are coming out on PS4 the same motherfu*king day I go away for a week :(

Thanks beep but I know this guy well, especially when he went after a irl friend of mine on twitter. Hes a real dickbag

Palmtree Panic posted:

Gonna eat some some spaghettios

And wash it down with some fanta

omg I had those spagehtti-os

My favorite peice of sanic merch was this sonic underwear I had as a kid. It looked like sonic was bursting out of your rear end like you were farting out sonics. I swear it was real

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

like sonic was bursting out of your rear end like you were farting out sonics. I swear it was real

Chili-doggin' it.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's one thing I wanna know about Mania. How soon does Chemical Plant show up? After hearing the boss theme I really wanna see what the hell is even going on in that fight.

I'm so loving hyped save me.

it's the second zone

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ahaha
gently caress that guy then

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
[screaming incomprehensibly] SONIC MANIA

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
*The SEGA! scream but it says SONIC MANIA!*

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
All Hail Taxman.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

me patiently waiting for Sonic Mania

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
classic tails is adorable

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have a bunch of things to do before tomorrow and I have 3 completely open hours before the game unlocks but I'm just sitting here anxiously refreshing this thread to shitpost with my sonic friends

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
I was having fun up until the Metal Sonic fight. What a wretched experience this one boss battle is.

Aside from that it's been great so far, don't let my complaining about this put it down. I'm just hating life right now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

geri_khan posted:

I was having fun up until the Metal Sonic fight. What a wretched experience this one boss battle is.

Aside from that it's been great so far, don't let my complaining about this put it down. I'm just hating life right now.

That fight is the best in the game though

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

TheKingofSprings posted:

That fight is the best in the game though

Then do you want to give me a hint about a consistent way to hit the little robot at him? Because I'm not seeing it.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I know that the aesthetic of the stuff that Sonic is jumping around in in the animated intro is based off the aesthetic from previous Sonic games, but I'll be darned if I can find still image examples. Can someone help me?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's based mainly on the Japanese boxart and marketing style, tbh.

More generally, the look is called Memphis design style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FAT BATMAN posted:

I know that the aesthetic of the stuff that Sonic is jumping around in in the animated intro is based off the aesthetic from previous Sonic games, but I'll be darned if I can find still image examples. Can someone help me?

absolutely anything posted:

it's going for the style of the japanese box art and it's very good