Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Zeris posted:

Please be more alpha in the alpha male thread

Eg, I ate a steak and decided my protein intake hadn't been met. Women respect my physical strength and so I ate another steak to ensure my place as an apex predator.

I'm a lame beta cuck who's waiting for my girlfriend to return home tomorrow so we can watch GoT and Rick and Morty together rather than exercising my masculine rights and watching them both tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

suboptimal posted:

I'm a lame beta cuck who's waiting for my girlfriend to return home tomorrow so we can watch GoT and Rick and Morty together rather than exercising my masculine rights and watching them both tonight.

Stop waiting, she's having a three way with me tonight instead.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

my first home brew beer was supposed to be 11% ABV

apparently it's 14.7 ABV and it tastes delicious...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My garden of victims is going well. Who needs lawn gnomes when you have sea spiders.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

My garden of victims is going well. Who needs lawn gnomes when you have sea spiders.

:stare:

bengy81
May 8, 2010

MurderBot posted:

my first home brew beer was supposed to be 11% ABV

apparently it's 14.7 ABV and it tastes delicious...

Watch out dude, easy way to gain 50 lbs is to start drinking five gallon batches by yourself.

I haven't brewed at all this year, need to fix that in the next few weeks.

Want to do a double batch so I can give a keg of stuff to a buddy, not sure what I'm gonna do though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LingcodKilla posted:

hells yeah

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

dude

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

duuuuuude

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

It's been a good crabbing season for me. Halfway done for the 3 month season.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
[quote="“LingcodKilla”" post="“475348788”"]

[/quote]

Dude I need to go crabbing with you. I’ve never gone crabbing though, just lake fishing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well I'm in Port Orchard WA. As long as people give notice I'm always down to share my crustaceans.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Fuuuuck

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

bengy81 posted:

Watch out dude, easy way to gain 50 lbs is to start drinking five gallon batches by yourself.

I haven't brewed at all this year, need to fix that in the next few weeks.

Want to do a double batch so I can give a keg of stuff to a buddy, not sure what I'm gonna do though.

Fortunately im going to gift most of it away to co workers. Ever since I've been in my paramedic class I've essentially stopped drinking for the most part and plan to continue the trend. I'm just pretty excited for how good it's turned out

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

A few weeks back, I helped out my elderly Chinese neighbor with her lawnmower cause it was busted. She tried to pay me afterwards and I said there was no need.

This weekend she brought my girlfriend and I homemade egg rolls just because. This morning I thanked her for them while I was walking Zelda and then she then offered to cook for us sometime.

I'm so pumped, cause homemade (non-american) Chinese food is delicious.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Don't eat for three days beforehand. You are going to heaven, my friend.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Zeris posted:

Don't eat for three days beforehand. You are going to heaven, my friend.

Truth.

When you are half full start making a show of being stuffed, so by the time you are borderline gonna vomit she'll let up.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

not caring here posted:

Truth.

When you are half full start making a show of being stuffed, so by the time you are borderline gonna vomit she'll let up.

Also this. Don't gently caress with Mexican or Chinese moms, your digestive system is at stake.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Also prepair acting out several different levels of 'stuffed' that you need to escalate progressively.

Saying you're full the first time is taken as courtesy, but they see it as a host's obligation to keep shoveling organic matter down your gullet until they've at least beaten you past two to three declinations of more.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also prepair acting out several different levels of 'stuffed' that you need to escalate progressively.
reported

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I reported your post for improper grammar.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Dad chat: oh god I think I might have a kidney stone

y'all aren't joking about that pain, comes and goes, doesn't feel muscular, holy gently caress this hurts, cannot find a comfortable position

Seems to have mostly stopped, but it did come and go earlier too. If poo poo isn't better by tonight I guess I'll have a trip report for my first VA ER experience tomorrow

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Once it passes a certain point there's only one way to get rid of it. :dong:

So keep that in mind even if it does feel better tonight.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

assuming it's a stone, which I'm really hoping it's not 😩

How old were y'all when you had your first? Not that there's age limits obv.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I've never had one. But I know people who have. A couple people said there were warning signs they ignored until it was too late and passing it was the worst pain of their life.

My mom said it was worse than natural child birth.

What I'm saying is if you should get it checked asap because they can blast it into smithereens and you'll just feel some discomfort when you pee instead of wanting to kill yourself because you're hurting so bad.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
31. Then 33. Then 34, then 35. At 36 it became just kind of a serious pain for a day or so until it broke up or dissolved or whatever...every couple of months.

Edit: Yeah, if it travels too far down the ureter between your kidney and bladder, they won't zap it. Also the surgical option involves no cutting, and a small version of this:

Edit2: V Yeah I cut way back on soda especially. Now I just don't care anymore because it didn't seem to help. It sucks for a day, maybe half the time OTC pain meds are good enough. If not, I've got a bunch of better stuff leftover because the docs always give more than necessary for a single stone...for me anyway. I drink a ton of water though...not sure if that's why they're not as severe or not.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 15, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

holy poo poo dude

I assume you modified your diet/fluid intake after the first few? Apparently didn't help much

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

assuming it's a stone, which I'm really hoping it's not 😩

How old were y'all when you had your first? Not that there's age limits obv.

The pain doesn't change with age though. It's about size and number. Because you can have more than one in the lines. If they find more than two with the CT scan just tell the doc to wheel you out into the alley and shoot you.

Edit:

Also had them at 31 and 34. 34 was the worst but that's more because there were 3 of them.

Also as painful as it is for women, there seems to be a belief that it's worse for men.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 14, 2017

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Genocide Tendency posted:

The pain doesn't change with age though. It's about size and number. Because you can have more than one in the lines. If they find more than two with the CT scan just tell the doc to wheel you out into the alley and shoot you.

Edit:

Also had them at 31 and 34. 34 was the worst but that's more because there were 3 of them.

Also as painful as it is for women, there seems to be a belief that it's worse for men.

I believe the male urethra is narrower than the female.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Stultus Maximus posted:

I believe the male urethra is narrower than the female.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
22. I had a string of a bunch of them in Iraq. Never one outside of it. Last one practically fell out. No goddamn idea what was causing them or why they stopped. Chock it up to dfac food, mres and bottled kuwaiti water.

Asked the boss about the shades and he disappeared for the rest of the day. I'll chase him down in the morning. Dude's like an officer, if you don't stay on him about something, it's gone from his mind.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Aren't they caused by sodium?

Because MREs are loving LOADED with sodium.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Aren't they caused by sodium?

Because MREs are loving LOADED with sodium.

I thought it was calcium. Which I'd been told the Kuwaiti water was full of.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Calcium, I thought.

Which is strange anyhow, because I was one of those gallon a day kids with milk. The army broke me of that habit. Now if I drink more than a glass or so a day, it's atomic rear end in a top hat fallout.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Eh, I always thought it was a salt build up. I stand corrected.

Either way, I should probably count my blessings because I drink a lot of milk.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Salt is more of the heart disease thing. Probably blood pressure too. I'm weirdly dumb about a lot of medical poo poo, except for the common poo poo in my family. So diabetes. But when everyone else in your family has it but you, you get to learn along with them.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

According to the Mayo Clinic:

quote:

Kidney stones (renal lithiasis, nephrolithiasis) are hard deposits made of minerals and salts that form inside your kidneys.

Kidney stones have many causes and can affect any part of your urinary tract — from your kidneys to your bladder. Often, stones form when the urine becomes concentrated, allowing minerals to crystallize and stick together.

The prevention of it is largely "don't get dehydrated" and "pray you don't have any of the conditions that cause chronic kidney stones".

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I had one back in like 2012 when I was 26. It was painful as gently caress and I was pissing blood. Also when I got a full body catscan/xray or whatever the gently caress (I think it was an MRI) to find where the stone was at that point, I also found out I had TB scarring in my left lung. Most likely got it in Iraq and it didn't hit me until we got back. Then I was doing the poo poo-puke spin and not being able to keep water down for more than hour for about a week. Thanks army! Everyone was three sheets to the wind, we didn't have to show up for work for like 2 months, nobody in the barracks bothered to try to get me to the aid station or anything, and I felt like I was dying for that entire week by myself in a barracks room. So yeah, kidney stones and not finding out I had TB until years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

• Locked thread