Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mr. Mambold posted:

Color me impressed with the FBI for outwitting and then entrapping a mentally ill moron. I feel like something dreadful is around the corner, like 9-11 and they're dicking around with some poo poo like this.

IDK I'm kind of glad the FBI kept someone from blowing up people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Gotta give the new guys something to cut their teeth on.

See I'm curious on how the FBI finds these idiots. Because all I'm picturing in my head is some idiot posting a craigslist ad for some ANFO, followed by some junior FBI agent doing effectively a Nigerian Prince money scam but with explosives instead.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Bolow posted:

See I'm curious on how the FBI finds these idiots. Because all I'm picturing in my head is some idiot posting a craigslist ad for some ANFO, followed by some junior FBI agent doing effectively a Nigerian Prince money scam but with explosives instead.

I am a lawyer representing the estate of Mr. James Eckspload. He has left you 3,000 pounds of explosives-grade fertilizer and...

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Bolow posted:

That is definitely how some of the investigations start. The rest I imagine are idiots talking about their master plans to sane people who then report it to the FBI. Then the FBI agent has the sane person introduce them to the wannabe terrorist as someone who can provide them with much needed support. While I am glad to thin the gene pool by having the FBI lock these assholes up until they are infertile, I am curious how many of them would actually go any further with their plans if the FBI agents didn't intervene and give them the support and encouragement to continue.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bolow posted:

The thing is anfo can be made easily with legally purchasable poo poo. Dumb gently caress couldn't go to home depot and a diesel pump.

Making or getting something to ignite it is a little more difficult.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya their gym apparel is good and inexpensive. I would not wear their shoes. That poo poo is ugly.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

In other news...

Tay-Tay won her $1 lawsuit against the DJ who groped her.

Motherfucker is going to have to shell out thousands of lawyer fees over a dollar and its glorious.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

The Root just interviewed the guy, Corey Long. His version of the story makes it even better.

http://www.theroot.com/interview-how-corey-long-fought-white-supremacy-with-f-1797831277/amp

recap posted:

The 23-year-old elder care worker says he went to the counterprotests to have his voice heard. He didn’t want to see racism win and destroy the city he was raised in.

“I went out to voice my opinion. To have my freedom of speech. Just like the racist Nazis who took over my town,” Long said in an interview with The Root.

But what started out as a peaceful protest eventually turned violent. And Long says the cops stood around and did nothing.

“At first it was peaceful protest,” Long said softly as he spoke. “Until someone pointed a gun at my head. Then the same person pointed it at my foot and shot the ground.”

Long said the only weapon he had was a can of spray paint that a white supremacist threw at him earlier, so he took a lighter to the spray paint and turned it into a flame thrower. And a photographer snapped the photo.

But inside of every photograph there’s an untold story. If you look closely at Long’s picture, there’s an elderly white man standing in between Long and his friend. The unknown man was part of the counterprotests too, but was afraid, and Long and his friends were trying to protect him. Even though, Long says, those who were paid to protect the residents of Charlottesville were doing just the opposite.

“The cops were protecting the Nazis, instead of the people who live in the city,” Long said. “The cops basically just stood in their line and looked at the chaos. The cops were not protecting the people of Charlottesville. They were protecting the outsiders.”

Some may wonder why the cops didn’t do more to protect the normally quiet town, but Long wants to know why the KKK were allowed to march, when the same city wouldn’t let rapper Waka Flocka hold a concert.

“They shouldn’t have allowed it. They wouldn’t even allow Waka Flocka to come down. You wouldn’t let a rap artist come down, but you allow the Nazis? There’s something wrong with this picture,” Long said.

Calling bullshit on the shot being fired at his foot, but I believe everything else.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bolow posted:

I'm pretty sure that quite literally is all they need to do.

facialimpediment posted:

The Root just interviewed the guy, Corey Long. His version of the story makes it even better.

http://www.theroot.com/interview-how-corey-long-fought-white-supremacy-with-f-1797831277/amp

Calling bullshit on the shot being fired at his foot, but I believe everything else.

Good story, but that picture is so loaded it hardly needs it. The flower just barely in frame, the black men standing with a white man and fighting back against the nazis, etc. etc. etc. Seeing this happen to a place I considered my home for years really crushed me, but I'm glad to hear all the stories about people fighting back.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 15, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

That guy is cool as gently caress

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Too bad all those songs are racist as gently caress because otherwise it'd be great to use union songs to protest the confederates/nazis.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg

Holy drat the nazi at the end claiming the guy driving the car was justified.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/897257484439519233

In case you forgot Newt is a giant loving idiot.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Godholio posted:

Lots of people saying antifa is more dangerous than the Nazi assholes.

I loving wish the friends-of-friends I see commenting on FB were only that stupid, a pretty good contingent here in SC is unironically screaming "crisis actors!" already

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K6-cEAJZlE

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

That guy is cool as gently caress

To repeat,
https://twitter.com/MalteseAnna/status/896590711746740225

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The whole "antifa is worse than Nazis" thing comes largely from Eastern Europe where a handful of terrorist groups claim to be part of the antifa community. Back in I believe the 40s all the way through the collapse of the Soviet Union they were the IRA of their areas, only they didn't care who they killed and went after anyone who didn't agree with their methods. Its not much of a thing anymore but some of the groups supposedly still exist and hide in the European antifa community.

Anyone using it in the states is legit retarded. Because literally no antifa groups here have the stomach for violence that the black flag terror groups in East Europe used to earn that badge.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Too bad all those songs are racist as gently caress because otherwise it'd be great to use union songs to protest the confederates/nazis.
Replace the bit that uses "darky" and you're good to go.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/897254799841906688

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Can't go wrong with "The Battle Cry of Freedom"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhCheCryopA

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Genocide Tendency posted:

The whole "antifa is worse than Nazis" thing comes largely from Eastern Europe where a handful of terrorist groups claim to be part of the antifa community. Back in I believe the 40s all the way through the collapse of the Soviet Union they were the IRA of their areas, only they didn't care who they killed and went after anyone who didn't agree with their methods. Its not much of a thing anymore but some of the groups supposedly still exist and hide in the European antifa community.

Anyone using it in the states is legit retarded. Because literally no antifa groups here have the stomach for violence that the black flag terror groups in East Europe used to earn that badge.

You seriously think people stateside have that historical consideration? Antifa wasn't even a phrase here until this last year. "Antifa" is a catch-all term for conservative pundits looking to paint any kind of liberal gathering/protest as a violent protest ("so much for the tolerant left!"). Think of how BLM has been demonized and repurposed, just for white people.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Loden Taylor posted:

Can't go wrong with "The Battle Cry of Freedom"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhCheCryopA

Or "John Brown's Body"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

i love these. The Maverick killing the ObamaCare repeal is my fav

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I give an awful lot of credit to that Vice reporter. She's got some loving courage to embed with those dipshits and keep her cool.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

You've evidently never heard the best song about the greatest American.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSSn3NddwFQ

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

You seriously think people stateside have that historical consideration? Antifa wasn't even a phrase here until this last year. "Antifa" is a catch-all term for conservative pundits looking to paint any kind of liberal gathering/protest as a violent protest ("so much for the tolerant left!"). Think of how BLM has been demonized and repurposed, just for white people.

What part of :

Did you not understand.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Bolow posted:

It really is that simple. One of the dumbfucks in my battalion got arrested by the ATF for selling a claymore off-post via craigslist .

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

As soon as I can find an air horn that plays the first bar of this I'm going to start building my lifelong dream car.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

shame on an IGA posted:

As soon as I can find an air horn that plays the first bar of this I'm going to start building my lifelong dream car.

:same:

Are you gonna call yours "The General Sherman" too?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

In other news...

Tay-Tay won her $1 lawsuit against the DJ who groped her.

Motherfucker is going to have to shell out thousands of lawyer fees over a dollar and its glorious.

I never read much of the case. Was there proof or just he said vs she said? Also this case was her suing after he sued for defamation right?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

I thought the confederates used the battle hymn for some reason.

Probably because UGa uses it as a fight song.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

:same:

Are you gonna call yours "The General Sherman" too?

Renumber it: '59, '65, '45, or '64 please. 50 is lame.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's always the James Garner way

hobbesmaster posted:

Nope. It uses to the tune of to John Brown's Body.

Though the armies would sometimes rewrite each others' songs. There's a Union rewrite of The Bonnie Blue Flag that goes "We do not want your cotton, we do not want your slaves, so rather than divide the land we'll fill your southern graves!"

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

BUG JUG posted:

Renumber it: '59, '65, '45, or '64 please. 50 is lame.

Uhh rude.

I'm painting 1-0 on the side.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

hobbesmaster posted:

Probably because UGa uses it as a fight song.

Both sides rewrote the other's songs extensively. There was a Southern "Battle Hymn" and "Battle Cry of Freedom" as well as a Union Dixie.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Someone in cspam brought it up: is it possible we are in a cultural revolution right now?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Zeris posted:

I never read much of the case. Was there proof or just he said vs she said? Also this case was her suing after he sued for defamation right?

There's a photograph of him with his hand on her rear end. His defense rested on Taylor Swift not knowing her rear end from her ribcage.

And his lawyer asking questions like "if you felt like you were being assaulted, why didn't you react like someone who was being assaulted?"

Fig. 1.1: "My hand was totally on her ribcage, honest."

McNally fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 15, 2017

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

There's always the James Garner way

Nope. It uses to the tune of to John Brown's Body.

Though the armies would sometimes rewrite each others' songs. There's a Union rewrite of The Bonnie Blue Flag that goes "We do not want your cotton, we do not want your slaves, so rather than divide the land we'll fill your southern graves!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ra9cXx1-o

Then we'll all go down to Dixie,
Away, away,
Each Dixie boy must understand
That he must mind his Uncle Sam,
Away, away,
And we'll all go down to Dixie.
Away, away,
And we'll all go down to Dixie.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Someone in cspam brought it up: is it possible we are in a cultural revolution right now?

I'm going to say yes and help the process on. Be the change I wanna see and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

McNally posted:

There's a photograph of him with his hand on her rear end. His defense rested on Taylor Swift not knowing her rear end from her ribcage.

And his lawyer asking questions like "if you felt like you were being assaulted, why didn't you react like someone who was being assaulted?

Aaaaand google delivers. jfc.

• Locked thread