Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Super Librarian posted:

idk to me that sounds like a Good Shotcaller instead

I abandoned a game and got a key fragment as i logged back in, that's my honor system success story

nah man if you get a rager you GOTTA hit em with a stayed cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also one of the dirtiest things i've ever witnessed

https://s1.webmshare.com/bQX6e.webm
https://webmshare.com/play/bQX6e

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Super Librarian posted:

idk to me that sounds like a Good Shotcaller instead

I abandoned a game and got a key fragment as i logged back in, that's my honor system success story

I got one of those awesome "Failed to connect to network" errors back-to-back. I got keys for being dropped from both.

Be awful, get rewarded. System works.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

nah man if you get a rager you GOTTA hit em with a stayed cool

i do this too, what is wrong with me

Teikanmi posted:

also one of the dirtiest things i've ever witnessed

that's disgusting

also, these new skins are gooooood

https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/897172507496775680

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 14, 2017

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this is what i look like irl btw

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
ok fine, I will buy ONE MORE MF SKIN

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sticking with mafia mf soz

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Sexpansion posted:

i do this too, what is wrong with me

that's disgusting

also, these new skins are gooooood

https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/897172507496775680

Twitter knows what's up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gamer hell yeah

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAJaWFdgeVM

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Yeah I'm going to want one or two of those 2017 Star Guardian skins

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This poo poo is gonna be awesome, can't wait for it

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

are you the one with the eye patch or the one with the charles manson x on the forehead

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Eyepatch

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lovechop posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0m67tvx_C4

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is ardent censer going another patch without a nerf? it's been a first-pick must buy for the highest winrate supports for months now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Managed to make it back to Plat IV. :unsmith: Had a bad couple of days and got demoted earlier, but I've played with careful diligence and managed to get back up. I'm really starting to understand the importance of matchups and coming to each laning phase with a plan instead of trying to play on instinct.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is ardent censer going another patch without a nerf? it's been a first-pick must buy for the highest winrate supports for months now.

Current PBE changes have removed the scaling and now have it as a flat 25% ASPD and 25 on-hit. It'll help make it less potent late game, but it's still a really solid midgame rush. I still think they need to redesign the passive, though, because it's just way too easily abused with the current lineup of healing/shielding supports and the inclusion of Stoneborn Pact.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/Lux

God damnit, the secret's out!!! No!!!!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Someone tell me, is new volcano dude cool?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

RC Cola posted:

yes. next question?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

RC Cola posted:

You want a weapon, here's a weapon.

You want conversation... here's a weapon

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like coin is going to get nerfed over censer, the problem with it right now is less censer's power and more the amount of gold coin gives that makes the censer rush a viable strategy.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

njsykora posted:

I feel like coin is going to get nerfed over censer, the problem with it right now is less censer's power and more the amount of gold coin gives that makes the censer rush a viable strategy.

they already said they're nerfing censer and coin already was nerfed

the problem is that aa champions like kog and twitch are unstoppable once you get a censer

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Teikanmi posted:

they already said they're nerfing censer and coin already was nerfed

the problem is that aa champions like kog and twitch are unstoppable once you get a censer

Nerfing censer makes no sense to me as you can't really do much to that item without dumpstering it in my opinion. Coin didn't really get nerfed, the OP part of it is the gold generation and they only nerfed the mana recovery.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
the op part of it is the mana regen because it allows you to stay safe in lane and then get more coins which means more gold

censer is just a free 5000 gold to your team and then on-hit aspect of it means that anyone with an AA speed steroid is busted when it's applied because it allows for more healing, more damage, more on hits and more safety through the 10% bonus shields and hp already on top of the base stats it gives. censer is broken, this isn't even something you can debate.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd say censer is more responsible for Jhin's lowered winrate then the lethality nerfs.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd say censer is more responsible for Jhin's lowered winrate then the lethality nerfs.

Yep. I have been playing him lately cause he seems cool and his midgame can't compete with a more on hit ADC whose support bought a Censor. It's dire.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

the op part of it is the mana regen because it allows you to stay safe in lane and then get more coins which means more gold

censer is just a free 5000 gold to your team and then on-hit aspect of it means that anyone with an AA speed steroid is busted when it's applied because it allows for more healing, more damage, more on hits and more safety through the 10% bonus shields and hp already on top of the base stats it gives. censer is broken, this isn't even something you can debate.

Yeah. Censer's just busted, and the fact that its passive is a statistical increase like it is means that it's probably impossible to balance effectively without it either feeling too strong or too weak.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 15, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

Yeah. Censer's just busted, and the fact that its passive is a statistical increase like it is means that it's probably impossible to balance effectively without it either feeling too strong or too weak.

I think it works fine as a niche item that's weak unless you specifically benefit from it a lot. Like how Rageblade is very strong on the handful of champions that build it, but not so OP that anyone who has an on-hit is great with it like the older items with Phantom Hit.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Spitballing balancing ideas, what if it only procced on heals?

It would reduce the functionality of the item for some of the champions that are its most egregious offenders (Janna could only get it on her ult, rather than every 6 seconds; sona could get it on 2 champs every time she presses heal rather than her entire team, etc.) It would also mean every support doesn't have access to a team wide proc through Locket. Redemption would still trigger it, but the delay on the item makes the play pattern a little more interesting.

Changing Ardent to only work on shields would have similar effects, probably.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I think my ideal Censer rework would be something like:
  • Passively stores a number of charges over time, up to an arbitrary maximum number (say, 9 or so). Could include an effect where dealing damage with spells/abilities lowers the cooldown for each new charge.
  • When healing/shielding an ally, applies up to X charges to them for Y seconds. Unused charges after the duration expires are returned to the Censer.
  • Each charge deals additional magic damage on-hit, with a larger base value (and, possibly, some minor AP scaling) and heals the person applying the damage.
This does a few things:
  • Helps to even out the current disproportionate benefit certain ADCs receive over others, mainly thinking about Jhin.
  • Removes the major balancing issue (the attack speed). On-hit magic damage is fine, but the attack speed gives a huge amount of scaling power to ADCs or divers like Fiora.
  • Makes the item more team comp agnostic, since the on-hit magic benefit is useful regardless of whether you're a tank, a midlaner, or an ADC.
  • Narrows the gap between certain supports that are able to apply the effect to multiple targets near-indefinitely by limiting the total effectiveness of Censer (due to the limited number of charges).
  • Retains the core identity of Censer being the support option you pick if you want to increase the damage your team deals over other options like Grail or Redemption.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 15, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Censer is good and all that, but have you considered... tear?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Censer is good and all that, but have you considered... tear?

Tear! Truly the greatest of support items, and ADC items! I see it all the time in the elite bottom lanes of Silver III (I deserve to be here)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Tear! Truly the greatest of support items, and ADC items! I see it all the time in the elite bottom lanes of Silver III (I deserve to be here)

clearly, since you are not building tear. get that MANA :mufasa:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

clearly, since you are not building tear. get that MANA :mufasa:

With the mighty Tear of the Goddess, Ezreal can miss so many more Q's! Amazing!

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Rygar201 posted:

I had an adc today who had played something like 300 vayne games this season and 100 lucian games. For some reason he decided to lock in Ezreal for the first time ever and yeah that's pretty much how it went.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

no doubt. catch me popping off with tear. grra! grrraat!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrah! i am shooting everything except the mothafuckin enemies. you want cover fire? cover my 750 gold item purchase bitch.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Rygar201 posted:

Basically the first thing I did when learning to play lol was build roa and seraphs on like every mana based support. My logic was that everyone else was so bad that games lasted a while and I'd be more useful lategame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I stacked a lot of Archangels back in the Long Long Ago on Karthus and other heroes like that

• Locked thread