Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rodgers' edge over other elite QBs in my mind is lower interception rates; in a 3pt interception league I might be tempted to take him like 1.12, maaybe.

e. Although Matt Ryan also dropped to just 7 INTs last year, a career low. If that's not a fluke, than Ryan in the end of the fourth, according to ADP is way better than Rodgers in the 1st.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The adjusted difference between aaron rodgers and whatever qb 12 is available in round 8 is no where near the difference between a round 1 rb and Duke Johnson

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Based on my 6 pt td and .5 PPR beersheet, Aaron is tied for 8th in value with OBJ and Melvin Gordon. It depends on coronaball's competition but based on ADP Aaron Rodgers seems fine for the end of the first. Gronks value is 5.0 for those wondering.

There's more to consider than just straight value but the pick seems okay to me.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 14, 2017

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

MacheteZombie posted:

tbf the 6 pt td rule makes it an obvious pick

No it doesn't because it applies to every qb.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'd really have rather seen a WR in 4, I think. I'm not sure I like Montgomery at 3 either. Basically I feel vaguely unsettled by this draft.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RisqueBarber posted:

Based on my 6 pt td and .5 PPR beersheet, Aaron is tied for 8th in value with OBJ and Melvin Gordon. It depends on coronaball's competition but based on ADP Aaron Rodgers seems fine for the end of the first. Gronks value is 5.0 for those wondering.

There's more to consider than just straight value but the pick seems okay to me.

Interesting. However, as I see it, The difference in value between Rodgers and a mid draft quarterback is goibg to be comparable to the difference in value between whatever top rb was left in the first and a mid round rb. Since qbs dont have a scarcity issue and rbs do, I'd pick a back(or a wr if a crazy good one fell to me) without a second thought

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 14, 2017

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Frustrated posted:

My entire league flew into New Orleans this weekend and drafted in person yesterday. If anyone wants to take a look at a really early 12 man .5ppr auction draft in a fairly competitive league, take a look at our draft board below. Some teams definitely fell apart near the end of the draft after drinking too much, but there were some really interesting drafts.

Can you tell me how much Dalvin Cook went for? It's not readable with the glare. I'm also curious on what the prices were for DJ (79?) and Bell (70?) since they're both hard to read as well.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

So I just drafted in my 12 man ESPN standard work league. I drafted second overall. Here's what I wound up with:

I feel pretty good about this. I'm a bit worried about Dak as my starting QB but I feel like Stafford on the bench provides a level of safety.

I took Dez in my 2/3 turn, which I had not planned on doing, but he fell to me unexpectedly, and I knew I could get Fournette or Guerley after the turn assuming the guy in front me didn't go 3 rb (he didn't.). I could have taken Rodgers with one of those picks, but decided to wait on QB (against Beersheet's value levels but seemed good at the time.)

I took Olsen at the bottom of the fourth when I could have had Crabtree, Keenan Allen, or Ty Montgomery. I still feel good about that. Hill in the 5th as a WR2 seemed like a no-brainer. From there I kinda just filled things out according to what fell to me, though I'm pretty proud of snagging Ware for my flex. What do you guys think?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yeah that's deec. You're going to want to pay attention to the wire for some receiver backup, both your starters have a lot of questions. But your RB depth is sound, you can play the matchup with stafford/dak, and there's good players at every position

I grade it a B+

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'd like to make a proposal this year; only one sit/start thread. Instead of creating a new one every week we just use the same one. That way we're all bookmarked.

Thoughts?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'd like to make a proposal this year; only one sit/start thread. Instead of creating a new one every week we just use the same one. That way we're all bookmarked.

Thoughts?

Yes please

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thoughts?

Yes please.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ok, need some help on my 2nd keeper that's due by saturday.

I'm already keeping Jordy Nelson in the 9th round, but i have multiple options for my 2nd one that i can't make up my mind.

keeper round cost in parentheses

Tyreek (10th)
Spencer Ware (10th)
Powell (13th)
Davante Adams (10th)

1 PPR

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Do not draft Tyreek Hill as your WR2. How many times do these efficient gadget players have to burn people?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Papes posted:

Do not draft Tyreek Hill as your WR2. How many times do these efficient gadget players have to burn people?

Eh I have Golden Tate in case it doesn't work out. Maybe I should have taken Keenan Allen instead but he can't seem to stay on the drat field.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd have definitely taken Keenan Allen over Tyreek, and i drafted Keenan Allen the last 2 years just to watch him die.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Butter Hole posted:

Eh I have Golden Tate in case it doesn't work out. Maybe I should have taken Keenan Allen instead but he can't seem to stay on the drat field.

Tate is a solid backup, and an injured/underperforming WR is the easiest position to fix with the waiver wire

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

VietCampo posted:

Ok, need some help on my 2nd keeper that's due by saturday.

I'm already keeping Jordy Nelson in the 9th round, but i have multiple options for my 2nd one that i can't make up my mind.

keeper round cost in parentheses

Tyreek (10th)
Spencer Ware (10th)
Powell (13th)
Davante Adams (10th)

1 PPR

I am probably in the minority, but I like Powell there.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I am probably in the minority, but I like Powell there.

He was actually who i was leaning towards due to it being a full PPR league and the barrenness that is the jets receiving corp, he could very well end up leading the team in catches.

but it's also the Jets and he's currently banged up i guess?

Could also just keep Davante and then draft Rodgers and Montgomery and live and die with the Pack. hah

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 15, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

He was actually who i was leaning towards due to it being a full PPR league and the barrenness that is the jets receiving corp, he could very well end up leading the team in catches.

but it's also the Jets and he's currently banged up i guess?

Could also just keep Davante and then draft Rodgers and Montgomery and live and die with the Pack. hah

Oooooo drat this is a tough one. I am higher on Hill than others here, especially in the 10th. But I think in a full PPR league it's a coin flip between Ware and Powell. After seeing Ware tear it up in the last preseason game, I'd choose him.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

CompeAnansi posted:

Can you tell me how much Dalvin Cook went for? It's not readable with the glare. I'm also curious on what the prices were for DJ (79?) and Bell (70?) since they're both hard to read as well.

DJ - 79, Bell - 70, McCoy - 61, Freeman - 52, Gordon - 47, Howard - 46, Murray - 45, Ajayi - 41, Fournette - 40, Miller - 39, Lynch - 38, McCaffrey - 38, Crowell - 37, Montgomery - 28, Ware - 27, Hyde - 22, Cook - 22

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

coronaball posted:

I drunk drafted this yesterday. 12 man league, 0.5 PPR, 6 pt passing TD. I had 11th pick.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Melvin Gordon
3. Ty Montgomery
4. Marshawn Lynch
5. Golden Tate
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Frank Gore
8. Duke Johnson
9. Devante Parker
10. Zach Ertz
11. Eric Decker
12. Rex Burkhead
13. Nelson Agholor (I was hammered by this point)
14. Eagles defense

Overall, pretty happy. RB's are solid. I didn't want to pick Lynch but he was kind of just sitting there. My WR aren't exciting, but they are high floor. Ertz has top 5 TE upside this year IMO

This is a lovely loving team thats of course going to win the championship. You're going to get mocked for drafting Aaron Rodgers in the first but loving go figure that all these guys will somehow contribute week to week.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Ryan Mathews just got released.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/897482831835930628

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Welp there goes my late round sleeper pick...

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Alfalfa posted:

Welp there goes my late round sleeper pick...

It's early enough in preseason that he could connect with another team. Don't drop him yet.

E: provided he can pass a physical of course.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Yes...The stars are lining up for my Corey Clement late-round dynasty pick :getin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
uhhhhhhhhhh

why do we care about Mathews getting released, his impending release as soon as he could clear a physical and the Eagles weren't on the hook for his money was one of the worst kept secrets in the NFL

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

uhhhhhhhhhh

why do we care about Mathews getting released, his impending release as soon as he could clear a physical and the Eagles weren't on the hook for his money was one of the worst kept secrets in the NFL

Oh I don't care. Just throwing in some news since it's dead for me at work.

Stuff like this is why I like drafting week 3 of the pre-season. There's always injuries and people getting released.

At this point I really think Mathews is irrelevant. I can't see any teams that could use him as a starting RB.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

pubic works project posted:

Oh I don't care. Just throwing in some news since it's dead for me at work.

Stuff like this is why I like drafting week 3 of the pre-season. There's always injuries and people getting released.

At this point I really think Mathews is irrelevant. I can't see any teams that could use him as a starting RB.

He will be a Denver Bronco or Baltimore Raven by end of the week.

I was just kidding about him being my sleeper pick

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
I could see him going to one of the teams in the Eagles division, all three are questionable at running back and we all know how much opposing teams value the insider info.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

pubic works project posted:

I can't see any teams that could use him as a starting RB.

Why would he only be hireable as a starter? If he clears waivers, he'll be a cheap and useful backup for someone. He's got to be better than some of the UDFAs that were picked up this summer to fill a uniform until the cuts.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Why would he only be hireable as a starter? If he clears waivers, he'll be a cheap and useful backup for someone. He's got to be better than some of the UDFAs that were picked up this summer to fill a uniform until the cuts.

My bad, I know he's still hireable. I just don't see him with some fantasy value unless he's a starter.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
A lot of bellcow backs have no depth or very questionable depth behind them too. Lesean, Gordon, and Gurley aren't being backed up proven players. Mathews could be a headache for somebodies Rb1.

E: He could easily start for the Redskins too.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I did Graham and Gronk a few years ago, and in a single flex league I hated it because of how much it constrains you since you'll always want to fill that slot with your high draft pick.

I too, fondly remember my POWERTEAM GRAHAMKOWSKI year. Was either 2011 or 2012. The year after both blew up the league.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Butter Hole posted:

Yes...The stars are lining up for my Corey Clement late-round dynasty pick :getin:

Lagarrette Blount in redraft though TOOT TOOT!

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Lagarrette Blount in redraft though TOOT TOOT!

Is Blount the back to own though? I was thinking Smallwood might end up being the back to own since Blount's success outside of NE seems limited, he's old, and he seems locked into a short yardage power back role.

So yeah he'll give you some 1 or even 2 TD games but I'm thinking his per-game average will be like 14/30/0.5 or something.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amergin posted:

Is Blount the back to own though? I was thinking Smallwood might end up being the back to own since Blount's success outside of NE seems limited, he's old, and he seems locked into a short yardage power back role.

So yeah he'll give you some 1 or even 2 TD games but I'm thinking his per-game average will be like 14/30/0.5 or something.

Problem is Smallwood is unlikely to be any better, and Sproles will take all the passing work anyway. I don't think there is a back to own there.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The above two are good points, however I can think of many examples in the last 3 seasons of "c+ square shouldered RB in a passing offense with a top 10 o-line becomes top 12 back"

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 16, 2017

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

The Eagles backfield sucks and you shouldn't draft any of them outside of Sproles late in PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://i.imgur.com/N3jssVv.png

RIP in Pieces Samaje

• Locked thread